The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #85
i want 1

Drives: 2002 harley davidson heritage
well i never owned a camaro myself, but my step-dad had a 73 rs and a 79 berlinetta. but the one i remeber the most was when he bought a bran new off the show-room floor; a 1988 I-Roc 350 tune port, black and silver. i was about 16 and i had a hard-on the whole way home. he new nothing about keeping a car clean, so thats where i came in. i kept that car spotless as if it were my own. i washed it every weekend and waxed like once a month. thats right about the time i started stealing it and driving it all day while he slept. he worked nights. it was fvckin awesome.LOL. it all ended when he fell assleep at the whell on the way home one night in 1992. totalled it.i think i was more upset then he was. i did all the work on that car. oil,tune-ups,tire rotations,u name it.
i can't wait for this new beast to hit the roads. i haven't had a hard-on like that,since that day. if u know what io mean.
i want 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #86
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
My first F body was an 85 Trans Am, first years of the tuned port (305), first year of the whale tail spoiler option. Had it fully loaded, lear siegler buckets (the Recaro's only came in the tan interior), sub woofer with variable gain, T tops, the whale tail spoiler, WS6 suspension and I even had the giant chicken on the hood.

I currently have a 2005 Corvette and can't wait to add the 2009 Camaro to the garage.

Welcome to being a registered poster. I've always been a big fan of the whale tail (mostly on porsches though). Although I think it gives the car's lines a continuous flowing contour which is great. Btw I'm getting FLYSSLO on my license plate since I'm hoping SS is a trim with the new one.

Getting back on topic:

I have never owned one but have loved most camaros since seeing a picture of my uncle's '69 Z. It was electric blue with black stripes, white leather interior. Was just the most impressive car I had ever seen. Since then, it became one of my dream cars to have. Now that I'm 23 and just got a new job paying enough for me to put $$ away for a new car and continue living in the SF bay area, my dream is one step closer. I figure that by the time the car comes out, I'll have enough for the down payment on this new looking machine.

I've owned a 1988 Toyota 4runner with removable top, an 87 Bronco XLT Eddie Bauer that was my uncle's, and my 1997 eclipse na. I've always wanted some form of power. After May of 2003 when I attended Skip Barber's Driving school down at Laguna Seca, I needed the adrenaline of having a car with power. 140 hp at the fly isn't gonna cut it anymore. At the Skip Barber school, they strapped us into the ACR Vipers from 2002 and just sitting in that car with the engine idling was enough to get my adrenaline not pumping but gushing. Taking the Corckscrew at about 75 for the first time almost made me wet myself. :eek: (If you don't know what the corkscrew is, it's an world infamous turn at Laguna Seca Raceway that begins by a short hill climb, to a blind 90 degree left turn, quickly switching into a 90 degree right turn while dropping about 130 ish feet). Stomping on the gas in second leaving the pit lane catapulted me from 30 mph to 80 in about 2 seconds.

I know a handful of you guys are thinking "That's nothing... " but to a guy that's never driven anything but a truck and a non turbo 4 banger, that thrill is very addicting. So now with my vow to own a 69 camaro, and my vow to own a car with power (not necessarily to race exclusively, but to know I can if I want to), I feel that when I can afford at least a v8 camaro, I'll be killing 2 birds with one stone. This will be my first camaro, and you can be damn sure it's gonna be my favorite.

Sorry for the novel, but it came out of nowhere.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:37 AM   #87
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
It was my 67SS350 and I bought it when I was a young 28.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #88
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
2001 NBM camaro. Its starting to show it's age but I love her to death.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #89
i want 1

well my first f-body was a 1984 black/gold t/a w/ t-tops & a H/O 305 then i got an 83 firebird s/e w/ an HO 305. also had an 82 t/a 4spd w/ a worked 350 dumped in it. i used to smoke 96-98 cobra's with it. i miss that car. i wish i still had it. then the last f-body i had was in 2005. it was a 1988 formula w/ the WS6 package and a 305 tbi. it was a pig,but it handled like it was on rails. i ended up selling that to help with buying the house i have now. its gonna be hard to wait for this gen 5 to come out. but i have an 02 harley davidson heritag softail classic to keep me busy until it comes out.

here is a video of it. i just put new pipes on it.check it out. all 4 videos are mine. make sure u turn up the volume. it sounds bad ass.
http://www.youtube.com/hogfolife

Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #90
zdriven08

Drives: 2000 Red Camaro Z28
For me it was a 97 camaro v6 when I was 16. Then when I turned 18 bought me a 2000 z28 and now at 22 I have a 98 z28.
HP:340.16 TQ:339.98

1998 Black Camaro Z28
MODS: SLP Lid, QTP LT'S, 3" X- Pipe, RK Sport RamAir Kit, Free Mods, SLP Subframe Connectors
APPEARANCES: Chrome Z28 Emblems, RK Sport Clear Corner Lenses
HP: 345
zdriven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #91
primm907

Drives: Honda Civic & CRV (MPG)
1st time poster, long-time reader...

My first Camaro was also my first new car. It was a 1995 v6 model that I purchased upon graduation from college and obtaining my first "real" job. I really enjoyed it for the year I had it. Fortunately, I traded it out for the woman that I've now been married to for 10 years (trust me, it was a good swap). We've had everything from Acuras to Hondas to Nissans to Chevys to Jeeps to Mercedes to Audis over the past decade. Right now we're 100% Hondas as a result of driving a lot of miles, fuel costs, wife went back to school, etc. I plan to get her another new Tahoe (had an '03 Z-71, but $75 to fill it up??!) within the next 2 years, though. Shortly after that, I'll hopefully be picking out a new 400+HP Camaro for me and keep one of the Hondas for a daily driver. By the way, does anyone with GM ties happen to know if/when Chevy will possibly put their 6-spd automatic in the Tahoe instead of that ancient 4-spd they're still using?
primm907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #92
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by primm907 View Post
My first Camaro was also my first new car. It was a 1995 v6 model that I purchased upon graduation from college and obtaining my first "real" job. I really enjoyed it for the year I had it. Fortunately, I traded it out for the woman that I've now been married to for 10 years (trust me, it was a good swap). We've had everything from Acuras to Hondas to Nissans to Chevys to Jeeps to Mercedes to Audis over the past decade. Right now we're 100% Hondas as a result of driving a lot of miles, fuel costs, wife went back to school, etc. I plan to get her another new Tahoe (had an '03 Z-71, but $75 to fill it up??!) within the next 2 years, though. Shortly after that, I'll hopefully be picking out a new 400+HP Camaro for me and keep one of the Hondas for a daily driver. By the way, does anyone with GM ties happen to know if/when Chevy will possibly put their 6-spd automatic in the Tahoe instead of that ancient 4-spd they're still using?
Welcome to the site! Hope you end up w/ the Camaro as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #93
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
My first F car was a garnet red '89 RS with a 350 TBI truck motor and a TH350 tranny. I bought it when I was 18. I made the mistake of trading it towards a Civic. After I wrecked it(I cant drive FWD), I bought a white '89 Formula 350. The second time the tranny blew, I sold it for $1000 the way it sat and bought a '00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. I loved that truck, but I didn't like paying $60 to fill it up, so I traded it for my navy blue metallic '01 Trans Am. I love it, and would love to keep it and make it a race car, but I don't have the space, so it will get traded for a new Camaro, Challenger, CTS-V, GT500, Charger SRT8, or a used C6 Z06(if i can afford it). I have to wait and see when all the new cars are released. In the mean time when I'll have an '07 HD Night Rod Special(hence the name) to tinker around with.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #94
i want 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
My first F car was a garnet red '89 RS with a 350 TBI truck motor and a TH350 tranny. I bought it when I was 18. I made the mistake of trading it towards a Civic. After I wrecked it(I cant drive FWD), I bought a white '89 Formula 350. The second time the tranny blew, I sold it for $1000 the way it sat and bought a '00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. I loved that truck, but I didn't like paying $60 to fill it up, so I traded it for my navy blue metallic '01 Trans Am. I love it, and would love to keep it and make it a race car, but I don't have the space, so it will get traded for a new Camaro, Challenger, CTS-V, GT500, Charger SRT8, or a used C6 Z06(if i can afford it). I have to wait and see when all the new cars are released. In the mean time when I'll have an '07 HD Night Rod Special(hence the name) to tinker around with.
i was @ mikes in DE on sunday and got my first look at the night rod. i have a special place in my heart for sporties,as my 1st hd was an 04 883 cust. the night rod is bad ass. good choice. i bet it handles well and is really quick.
good luck with it.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #95
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I have the potential to get an 86 Z28 for $1300. However, this guy actually told me it was only a project car for him...He's done so much tinkering that I don't think I want this particular one.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 AM   #96
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

If i were you I would save my money and find an '87-'92 L98 car if you're seriously in the market for a third gen. Plus the 3rd brake light on the hatch of the '86 looks hideous. It was an afterthought add on because they became mandatory that year.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #97
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by i want 1 View Post
i was @ mikes in DE on sunday and got my first look at the night rod. i have a special place in my heart for sporties,as my 1st hd was an 04 883 cust. the night rod is bad ass. good choice. i bet it handles well and is really quick.
good luck with it.
Yeah I rented a VRod about two weeks after they came out. I fell in love with the VRSC bikes that day. It was fast as hell. I plan on turbocharging mine down the road and dragging it on the weekends.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #98
NJRipper

Drives: BMW
I was 16 1/2 and picked up a '67 RS.
327 4-speed car with lux interior
Original Nantuckett Blue with black racing stripes
Sent it to the body shop for the next 6 months until I got my liscense.
4 mpg and loud as hell, regret selling it every day, but I will own another '67RS before I die

also had a '95 Z-28. Nice car until the dealer put a heater core in it and the car never ran right afterwards.

Now I have a '95 BMW M3 and it has been the greatest car I could have ever bought. But it's going on the block 6 months after the new Camaro hits dealers' lots.
NJRipper is offline   Reply With Quote