The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Why anyone would take their car to Hennessey for anything is beyond me.
+1
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
BWF07

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Well I think this is a little premature, seeing he has not even had a chance to test the LT1 and besides how does he know if the ECU can be cracked. I heard that GM has done there homework on the ECU and the aftermarket tuners may be in for a little more then they planned on.

Callaway as we all know is an authorized GM partner and they have been working with the GM engineers to see what they can do to the ECU for their applications. If they have to work with the GM group, it may be difficult for the outsiders to to a lot. Even Lingenfelter is only thinking in the 700 range.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Recently from Autoweek:

Hennessey Performance plans to offer upgrades for both the C7 coupe and the C7 convertible. Supercharged systems will bring output to 700 hp and higher-priced twin-turbo setups push power to anywhere from 800 hp-1,000 hp.

Other bolt-on and performance parts, which will probably be offered as standalone parts as well, include cold-air induction, cat-back exhaust, stainless steel long-tube headers, wheel and tire upgrades, braking improvements and suspension systems.

We don't doubt that Hennessey can achieve these crazy numbers for a minute. This is the same guy who squeezed 800 hp from the Grand Cherokee SRT8 and 700 hp from a Dodge Challenger. And of course, there's always the Hennessey Venom GT, a Lotus-bodied, Corvette-V8-powered supercar.

Hennessey says he expects the first vehicle to be completed within six to nine months of receiving the first C7. The price for the HPE1000 Twin Turbo upgrade is $69,500. Go to hennesseyperformance​.com for more info and to check out some of the company's other tuned supercars.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #18
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
I wouldn't give him $69.50! Nor my car!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
I wouldn't give him $69.50! Nor my car!
Sounds like you have a story to tell! In my opinion, it's best to leave the car stock and just enjoy it. After having spent $200,000 on my addiction in my Camaro and having dealt with 5 shops, I've had nothing but grief for my expense and without the use of my car for 1 1/2 years. My C7 will be a convertible and completely stock.... To be enjoyed!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
At one time, only a few shops in the country had the knowledge and experience to create really fast cars. Names like Lingenfelter, Hennessy, and Callaway come to mind.

Today, there are many reputable shops around the country that compete head to head with them and I would not hesitate to send my car to them. Hennessey doesn't have this market to itself. The guys I know who had them do work on their cars won't go back.

A 1,000 hp LT1 will need a lot of money and time to do. I would guess the stock PCM will be replaced by an aftermarket one. As will 90% of everything else under the hood.

Cars modified to this power level can be troublesome. Putting 1,000 hp to the ground on the street is very difficult. Rolling on the throttle will end up with tires spinning or getting sideways. Not pleasant. 500-600 rwhp makes a nice and somewhat reliable street car.

Last edited by New C7; 04-08-2013 at 09:23 PM.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New C7 View Post
At one time, only a few shops in the country had the knowledge and experience to create really fast cars. Names like Lingenfelter, Hennessy, and Callaway come to mind.

Today, there are many reputable shops around the country that compete head to head with them and I would not hesitate to send my car to them. Hennessey doesn't have this market to itself. The guys I know who had them do work on their cars won't go back.

A 1,000 hp LT1 will need a lot of money and time to do. I would guess the stock PCM will be replaced by an aftermarket one. As will 90% of everything else under the hood.

Cars modified to this power level can be troublesome. Putting 1,000 hp to the ground on the street is very difficult. Rolling on the throttle will end up with tires spinning or getting sideways. Not pleasant. 500-600 rwhp makes a nice and somewhat reliable street car.
and what happens when replacing the main ECM for the engine breaks the other 9 ECM's?

i'm all for letting people spend their money as they please but there is a large lump assumption that this car is modifiable to begin with.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
New C7

The way you tune engines that you can't get into the ECU is get a auxilliary system such as one from AEM.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #23
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
After reading a few threads from the Viper folks, I'm not sure I'd give Hennessy $0.01 of my money and sure as hell wouldn't leave my car in their shop. You might never get it back..........
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
and what happens when replacing the main ECM for the engine breaks the other 9 ECM's?

i'm all for letting people spend their money as they please but there is a large lump assumption that this car is modifiable to begin with.
*sigh*

i guess some people just can't cope with the possibility of there being no after market performance adjustments to a car.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
1000hp aside, what do you guys think is going to be the first power related mods that C7 owners want to do?
Catback and possibly headers.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
1000hp aside, what do you guys think is going to be the first power related mods that C7 owners want to do?
It is always the same thing. Induction and exhaust upgrades are always the "gateway mods".
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Why anyone would take their car to Hennessey for anything is beyond me.

I agree with Liz.....

Plus,this "announcement" was nothing more than trying to one-up Lingenfelter who had stated only days before they thought the ceiling for the new LT1 was ~700HP.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #28
New C7

Just google Hennessy and be prepared for the flames. A friend of mine was extremely unhappy with the work done by Hennessy last summer and contacted an attorney. They would not warranty any of there work which he found out when he picked up the car. The attorney advised against filling suit it because there already was a long list of legal claims against them.

His car had to be re-done by a shop in Austin. This is not an isolated incident. There are lots of good and quality shops around the country, so no need to go to him.