Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #43
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
He also doesn't need people attacking his credibility like it's their job...

Many outlets quote him off-the-record, which is so stupid...and then people on forums take it as gospel, or don't have the context to understand what he meant. The guy can't have a simple conversation without worrying about his words being misquoted online....

I don't envy that part of his job...

So, consider that sometimes..people on the forum coming to his aid might just "get it."
Nor does he need people coming to his aid like it's your job. Hypocrite much?

The guy said "we'll build as many as you wanna buy", in public, at the unveiling of the ZL1, with a microphone in his hand, addressing a crowd of enthusiasts, at the Camaro Factory Fest last August. I was one of those enthusiasts and I hardly think what he said and the audience he was speaking to was "out of context." But don't take my word for it, que it up to 5:00, and listen for 30 seconds just for context.

Do you "get that"?

I "get it" too. Clearly, you love your car. I would love one too. For now I will go back to waiting, I've had my order and deposit down since 9 December.

Now, feel free to do burn outs, laugh maniacally, and cast evil looks at people who speak ill of your hero. But the guy screwed up whether you want to admit it or not.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
Nor does he need people coming to his aid like it's your job. Hypocrite much?

The guy said "we'll build as many as you wanna buy", in public, at the unveiling of the ZL1, with a microphone in his hand, addressing a crowd of enthusiasts, at the Camaro Factory Fest last August. I was one of those enthusiasts and I hardly think what he said and the audience he was speaking to was "out of context." But don't take my word for it, que it up to 5:00, and listen for 30 seconds just for context.

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...wf2x3gmGACAAA=

Do you "get that"?

I "get it" too. Clearly, you love your car. I would love one too. For now I will go back to waiting, I've had my order and deposit down since 9 December.

Now, feel free to do burn outs, laugh maniacally, and cast evil looks at people who speak ill of your hero. But the guy screwed up whether you want to admit it or not.
He's a friend, so you bet I'm going to defend where appropriate. Besides, hypocrites say one thing and do another...I said don't attack, as I defended...since those are two different things: I'm not a hypocrite, thanks for asking.

But I'm not going to debate semantics with you. I completely disagree and think you're omitting certain aspects of the situation to blame someone, because you were unable to order a car. Which sucks, and I'm sorry for that, for you...
Old 04-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #45
17ZL1

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by molarsmom View Post
I was told yesterday when I got mine, this would be their last 17 delivered and now orders are moving to 18's. He didn't specify if they were only going to be 1LE. Although he did tell me he had just ordered Mr. Hendricks 1st in line 1LE.
My 2017 Krypton Green ZL1 scheduled to be built second week of May.
17ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #46
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
what modern chevy aniversary edition is worth anything. answer none.

45th averiversary 2ss can be pickup up for 20k. 2012 zl1 with less than 2000 produced can be picud up for low 30's.

people who got ecited about getting a 2012 z1l just have a crappy stereo and a car that worth less than a 2013.

I was one of the pople that got my 2012 order pushed into 2013 and it was actually a good thing.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #47
17ZL1

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Yep, I can assure you it sucks... Yes, I know there are '17s still out there/available but I'm not paying $65+K for a just a ZL1, I want my color and options (Silver, A10, Carbon Hood Insert, period.)

Also, thought I read somewhere that the A10 transmission was going to be the limiting factor. If I understood correctly, Ford had first dibs on the txmsn line and wanted to build a bunch of their Raptor trucks.
Silver ice metallic carbon fiber hood PDR navigation wheel locks A10 Dublin Chevrolet Dublin Ga
17ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #48
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
He's a friend, so you bet I'm going to defend where appropriate. Besides, hypocrites say one thing and do another...I said don't attack, as I defended...since those are two different things: I'm not a hypocrite, thanks for asking.

But I'm not going to debate semantics with you. I completely disagree and think you're omitting certain aspects of the situation to blame someone, because you were unable to order a car. Which sucks, and I'm sorry for that, for you...
I attacked no one's credibility, he said what he said and he couldn't back it up. That's a fact.

You DID attack my credibility by intimating I didn't know what i was talking about or talking someone else's words out of context.

Dismissing his words and telling me that "you're omitting certain aspects of the situation to blame someone" now THAT is semantics.

Believe whatever you want to believe, Mr. Arbitrary. After all, alternative facts are a matter of what we choose to believe, not based upon actual fact.

While I DO think your cause is commendable, at some point you gotta face facts.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #49
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1 View Post
Silver ice metallic carbon fiber hood PDR navigation wheel locks A10 Dublin Chevrolet Dublin Ga
Thanks, I'll giv'em a call!!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:15 PM   #50
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
I attacked no one's credibility, he said what he said and he couldn't back it up. That's a fact.

You DID attack my credibility by intimating I didn't know what i was talking about or talking someone else's words out of context.

Dismissing his words and telling me that "you're omitting certain aspects of the situation to blame someone" now THAT is semantics.

Believe whatever you want to believe, Mr. Arbitrary. After all, alternative facts are a matter of what we choose to believe, not based upon actual fact.

When he says they will as many as you want buy that is still based on demand. They aren't going to build a thousand extra just in case you want to order one. They have many factors going into that, orders, plant capacity, plant schedules, parts availability etc. I am sure they have some formula to calculate approximately how many they will need to make but formulas are not infallible. Maybe he didn't word it perfect, I also think the A10 issue caused problems. I am sure some people said the same thing when the Gen 5 came out, that GM didn't build enough. I got moved from a 12 to a 13 because of such issues. But there are still brand new or almost brand new 12s and 13s available, at least until recently.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #51
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
When he says they will as many as you want buy that is still based on demand. They aren't going to build a thousand extra just in case you want to order one. They have many factors going into that, orders, plant capacity, plant schedules, parts availability etc. I am sure they have some formula to calculate approximately how many they will need to make but formulas are not infallible. Maybe he didn't word it perfect, I also think the A10 issue caused problems. I am sure some people said the same thing when the Gen 5 came out, that GM didn't build enough. I got moved from a 12 to a 13 because of such issues. But there are still brand new or almost brand new 12s and 13s available, at least until recently.
I "got it" brother, thank you.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #52
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:

Whatever you say...you're not going to understand what I'm trying to say, and it's not that important to continue to do so.

Let's get back on topic.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #53
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Whatever you say...you're not going to understand what I'm trying to say, and it's not that important to continue to do so.

Let's get back on topic.
Likewise.

Back on topic... Isn't tomorrow the open day for ordering an '18? If so, I wonder if the ZL1 will be on the list of availables...
Old 04-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #54
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Likewise.

Back on topic... Isn't tomorrow the open day for ordering an '18? If so, I wonder if the ZL1 will be on the list of availables...
Today was and nope all versions are constrained this week.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #55
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Mr. W...correct me if I am wrong, but 17 production started late & going from new product launch to capacity with no hiccups never happened once in my 15 years of manufacturing.

Saying we will build as many as people want does not guarantee meeting demand qty for this new model year cycle can be met with so many limitations in these circumstances...it simply meant it wasn't a limited production car like the Demon & capacity / time constraints of the short cycle 17 build are your limiting factor with production numbers.

I found out about this car early on & knew I wanted a 17 & hustled to make it happen because I was concerned of this very issue...if I just found out about it, it isn't GM's fault the clock ran out?? I don't see how blame can be placed anywhere & why it's moving into 18.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #56
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Mr. W...correct me if I am wrong, but 17 production started late & going from new product launch to capacity with no hiccups never happened once in my 15 years of manufacturing.

Saying we will build as many as people want does not guarantee meeting demand qty for this new model year cycle can be met with so many limitations in these circumstances...it simply meant it wasn't a limited production car like the Demon & capacity / time constraints of the short cycle 17 build are your limiting factor with production numbers.

I found out about this car early on & knew I wanted a 17 & hustled to make it happen because I was concerned of this very issue...if I just found out about it, it isn't GM's fault the clock ran out?? I don't see how blame can be placed anywhere & why it's moving into 18.
Said I wouldn't keep going....Sorry...