Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:12 AM   #15
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
I hate to be "That Guy" but I would probably put slightly more stock into the claims being made if the posts in question were done with proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure. I could probably even do without paragraphs.

But here's to castles in the sky!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #16
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Please hit the enter key once in a while and use words
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #17
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
I hate to be "That Guy" but I would probably put slightly more stock into the claims being made if the posts in question were done with proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure. I could probably even do without paragraphs.

But here's to castles in the sky!

I noticed that as well, but I "chalked it up" to our friend's excitement.

I hope for his sake he isn't too disappointed.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #18
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner, and to the few who were cool about me givin info thank you and to those who were apologizing sincerely than thank you also, im truly upset that you guys feel this way about my news but keep this in mind, this is something i wrote on another forum and all the info is from brand new magazines: "i know i was skeptical too but if u read the new motor trend their is an article in the front about how they already produced camaros in austrailia and they would be on the road by x-mas, but too my surprise, their being tested and are being prepared to mass produce, from what my guy said, and i originally thoguht it meant x-mas of '07 they would be driving in australia b/c the issue is feb. 07 but at the bottom of the article it says the article was written in october november of '06, so it looks like they are pulling a fast one on us and they are gonna surprise the world with this one and it makes sense, b/c y would they tell everyone right now they are gonna, b/c then companies will steal their ideas and try to take away from sales if chevy pulls a sneek attack ford and dodge wont know what hit them and they wont be able to counter and chevy will have won with this beauty"

so i hope you guys have fun on the post i started and have fun mocking me and what not, but the last laugh will go to the guy who cant spell, b/c regardless of when the camaro comes out, just so we dont fight about when again, i know i'll be sitting in one probably before the rest of you, at the track smoking mustangs, while you guys are reading the test in the magazines, and im sorry if im coming off as an a** but i was so excited to come to this forum because like you ive been a chevy and mostly camaro enthusiast just like you my whole life, my dad's first car was a '79 Z28, my first car was a '02 'Z28, and now i will proudly drive the beast again, so if i stick around than whatever hope to talk to you again, if not, than i wish you all luck in getting a camaro someday b/c they are the most amazing cars ever, theres nothing like driving a camaro with a mustang in your rear-window and a cop in his!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #19
Moose

I apologize...what you mistook for a personal "jab" was just a humorous comment on my part, with NO offense intended.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #20
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner, and to the few who were cool about me givin info thank you and to those who were apologizing sincerely than thank you also, im truly upset that you guys feel this way about my news but keep this in mind, this is something i wrote on another forum and all the info is from brand new magazines: "i know i was skeptical too but if u read the new motor trend their is an article in the front about how they already produced camaros in austrailia and they would be on the road by x-mas, but too my surprise, their being tested and are being prepared to mass produce, from what my guy said, and i originally thoguht it meant x-mas of '07 they would be driving in australia b/c the issue is feb. 07 but at the bottom of the article it says the article was written in october november of '06, so it looks like they are pulling a fast one on us and they are gonna surprise the world with this one and it makes sense, b/c y would they tell everyone right now they are gonna, b/c then companies will steal their ideas and try to take away from sales if chevy pulls a sneek attack ford and dodge wont know what hit them and they wont be able to counter and chevy will have won with this beauty"

so i hope you guys have fun on the post i started and have fun mocking me and what not, but the last laugh will go to the guy who cant spell, b/c regardless of when the camaro comes out, just so we dont fight about when again, i know i'll be sitting in one probably before the rest of you, at the track smoking mustangs, while you guys are reading the test in the magazines, and im sorry if im coming off as an a** but i was so excited to come to this forum because like you ive been a chevy and mostly camaro enthusiast just like you my whole life, my dad's first car was a '79 Z28, my first car was a '02 'Z28, and now i will proudly drive the beast again, so if i stick around than whatever hope to talk to you again, if not, than i wish you all luck in getting a camaro someday b/c they are the most amazing cars ever, theres nothing like driving a camaro with a mustang in your rear-window and a cop in his!
IMO your use of one letter abbreviations is for instant messaging and text messaging, not forums. It comes across as childish. It is very hard to take anything seriously when it is posted like that.

Also, basic punctuation makes any post MUCH easier to read and will be taken MUCH more seriously.

I have learned to take any news on projects like this from any automotive publication with a grain of salt. A classic example is the recent Corvette SS article scam that was uncovered. With the connections people have on forums like this one, I expect to hear any real news here before the BS auto rags get it to print

From personal experience, 99% of what dealership salesmen tell you about things like this is either an outright lie or they are mis-informed. Just basing this on years of personal dealership experience

I'm sure many of us were being sarcastic above, maybe learn to take these things in stride and not get to bent out of shape about it - you are right, we are all here for the same reason when it comes down to it
Old 01-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #21
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
IMO your use of one letter abbreviations is for instant messaging and text messaging, not forums. It comes across as childish. It is very hard to take anything seriously when it is posted like that.

Also, basic punctuation makes any post MUCH easier to read and will be taken MUCH more seriously.

I have learned to take any news on projects like this from any automotive publication with a grain of salt. A classic example is the recent Corvette SS article scam that was uncovered. With the connections people have on forums like this one, I expect to hear any real news here before the BS auto rags get it to print

From personal experience, 99% of what dealership salesmen tell you about things like this is either an outright lie or they are mis-informed. Just basing this on years of personal dealership experience

I'm sure many of us were being sarcastic above, maybe learn to take these things in stride and not get to bent out of shape about it - you are right, we are all here for the same reason when it comes down to it
Well said Joe.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner,
Tu Che.... I know a lot of people on this and other forums (Myself included) have a hard time accepting any information like this, but it is just because we don't want to get our hopes up and then smashed. It is like your first high school crush.

People around here are given a lot of information from very very reliable sources, and when anything contradicts that information it creates skepticism unless that source trumps the initials SS. And to be honest, information from dealers is not very reliable regardless of who it came from. People at the dealer level are simply not privy to that kind of info.

Other than the blantant insults about your grammar (which I will agree, should be toned down) I am sure none of it was personal.

Thanks for the attempt to share information with us and here's hoping you stick around to talk more about the Camaro
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #23
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

well thanks casull, you are probably the most respectful of this forum, and moose thanks for apologizing i didnt mean to come off as an a** itso just i just was trying to give good news and you guys are just to skeptical for it, which is fine i understand you guys dont want your hopes up than smashed, anyways i guess your okay too overanxious, a little too sarcastic for my taste but you do bring up a great point that i made we are all here for the same reason, anyways long live the camaro
Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #24
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm less concerned about the exact release date than I am that they build a good quality car. GM has to get the Camaro right, first and foremost. If you research the Mustang, you'll find that they have numerous build quality issues (groaning noises from Rear end, faulty Shaker stereos, sub standard interior fit and finish, etc.) and numerous TSBs. GM needs to make this one of their best vehicles in order to grab as much market share as possible. If they rush it out the door too soon, it is bound to have some big mechanical issues. Let them thoroughly test it and get it right and not make the mistakes they've made in the past with other cars. They have to set themselves apart from Ford and Chrysler by building a solid, well built, iconic car. This is their chance to redeem themselves in a big way. If they blow it with this car, they won't get another chance to revive the company. Alot rides on this Camaro. If it comes out in '08-'09, so be it. As long as they take their time and build a great car.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #25
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

i agree my brother bought a mustang and it is s*** it has a bad differential, torque converter, and numerous other problems from the factory, plus no matter how long they took to design the mustang it is still a ford, so it would be crap no matter what, but the camaro has been in the works for years, dont let gm fool you, there have been numerous reports that the camaro plans have been in the works since 2003 a year after it was discontinued, they realized they needed that market back, plus the zeta platform they've had testing for two years but the finally got it right last year which is why the '08 pontiacs will be on them so chevy really has already done their homework they really just need to do the fit and finishing of the car and just build a lot of them, i mean i know everyone has opinions of when they come out and i have my own *skeptical version, in which GM's head of sales representative told me last night what to expect, but i will not pist it because he asked me not to tell anyone and i respect him enough, and he is not a dealer i know him from when i was at the dealer but i was given his number due to the fact that i work in the automotive business and have family on the inside of GM, and the camaro will not dissapoint and it will be out quicker than everyone thinks, ill just leave it at that
Old 01-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #26
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
to say something about the new motor trend. . .those are mules. they don't really represent a final production version. I do expect it to come out sooner then originally projected. however not in 6-8 months. the factory hasn't even been retrofitted for production. If the factory has then they did some serious black ops type crap. but even black ops projects in the gov. leak a lot. just extremely hard to believe.

Now for the comment about riding in one before any of us. if you do let us know how it handles. that would be cool.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #27
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I'm less concerned about the exact release date than I am that they build a good quality car. GM has to get the Camaro right, first and foremost. If you research the Mustang, you'll find that they have numerous build quality issues (groaning noises from Rear end, faulty Shaker stereos, sub standard interior fit and finish, etc.) and numerous TSBs. GM needs to make this one of their best vehicles in order to grab as much market share as possible. If they rush it out the door too soon, it is bound to have some big mechanical issues. Let them thoroughly test it and get it right and not make the mistakes they've made in the past with other cars. They have to set themselves apart from Ford and Chrysler by building a solid, well built, iconic car. This is their chance to redeem themselves in a big way. If they blow it with this car, they won't get another chance to revive the company. Alot rides on this Camaro. If it comes out in '08-'09, so be it. As long as they take their time and build a great car.
Speaking of that, I'm glad there will be other cars produced on the Zeta platform before the Camaro - that is just another way to work out some bugs before it reaches our pony car
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Speaking of that, I'm glad there will be other cars produced on the Zeta platform before the Camaro - that is just another way to work out some bugs before it reaches our pony car
That's very true. I didn't think of that. They are actively testing the new RWD Impala right now (spy photos everywhere) as well as the upcoming GTO that will be built on the same platform. Alot is probably getting ironed out for this Zeta platform as we speak. If GM gets it right, they could potentially steal away alot of Mustang owners from Ford and switch them over, after they get screwed over by Ford's customer service with their '05's-'06s.

Closed Thread