Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestizo View Post
This is a disappointment to the common man.

Now, I'm not trying to be a downer or anything. Chevy still has 2 yrs to change since nothing is final yet.

If I'm reading this right, there will be no Z/28 & SS. There will only be 1 V8, but multiple V6s. Ok, now if there is 1 V8 engine with 2 different tunes aggresive and sporty, that would be cool. I mean if the common man is forced to buy either a V6 or a 40K V8 Camaro....that kills the whole vibe.

Like I said, I'm not trying to bash Chevy, but does anyone else read that the same way? I'd say it's highly unlikely they're screwing with us on the engine thing.
I see exactly what you are saying. V6 @ 21K MSRP...high performing V6~25K??? high performace V8 ~30-35K+??? Maybe even 40K??? I for one would have a problem dishing out that kind of cash for the ONLY V8 offered being in that price range. Personally, I won't settle for something due to price. In other words, if they only make one V8 which is in the 35 to 40K price range, I won't be able to afford it. And I DON'T want to say, "yeah...I bought the new Camaro....and my musclecar has a V6....." :o Nah, I'll pass and have to try to see what's offered the next year........or something. I don't want a V6...period.

The way I initially read it was like this.
1. V6
2. V6 high performance
3. V8
4. V8 high performance

Who knows....only time will tell....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #16
Luna
Own one, dont date one!!!

Drives: Tiburon
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna
I was really hoping for my first V8. I still have my fingers crossed. I guess if they only come out with one I can take another year to save for the 40K. I dunno if my poor lil Tiburon can last another year past that, she'll be over 10 yrs old by then. :(
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #17
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
thank god I'm deploying soon and I'll have the bulk of my down payment saved up where I can finance a 40k car. lol. hopefully by the time it comes out if that's the case all i'll have to finance is 20k or so. lol. but I see it as 1 V8 tuned differently like the 4th gens. if not oh well. I'm still gunning for the top V8 no matter what. hopefully it will have 500+ horses.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Hopefully it will have 500+ horses.
Amen to that, buddy! You be careful over there so when you get back, you get to enjoy this new bad boy...
Old 01-16-2007, 10:59 AM   #19
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Amen to that, buddy! You be careful over there so when you get back, you get to enjoy this new bad boy...
I will. but if I do get that one I'll be like the guy in the gt500 comercial. . .I'm going to be putting in for orders to germany right away. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
idk but I agree I can't afford that, I'll justy have to wait for a while.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #21
robbie9999

Drives: 1966 GTO
my thoughts

Hey guys I got a 1966 GTO and I am awaiting the arrival of this new Camaro
I was just talking to a Gm rep for GM Canada. I am pretty convinced that this car is going too priced really high.

1. Gm cars deprecate more rapidly (less than ford) than others
2. It being a sport car and the fuel economy on it, will be a hard hit when you go to sell.

I think GM and some what Dodge are missing out on the market for retro muscle cars by coming into late, the mustang has done really well, and looks good too (I would not buy one though). But the one thing I think Ford is doing well, is there not pricing the car way out of range

Lets hope that GM makes this car reasonable ... here in Canada we always get ripped off by paying 10 to 15 grand more for the same product you boys will pay for down in the states. I know I will wait for the different model types like a Z or Z28 and not jump at the first offering,

But not to state the obvious the loss on these rides will be the same or more than the mustangs you see used in the auto traders around your parts and mine, think I shall let someone else take the hard hit first and by used

Ps the car looks sick ... please lord I only make 9 dollars an hour...
robbie9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #22
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I think it depends on what you consider priced too high. I honestly think that we will see a V8 offered below $30,000. I am holding out hope that it comes with an LS designation and not just an L. Evenif it is the L76 that is offered at below $30,000, that is still a near 400HP V8 engine for under 30k - not bad IMO.

Either way, I don't think that the new Camaro is going to be priced such that anyone making $9/hr will be able to comfortably afford it. I mean, $9/hr is not the kind of salary that is going to get you a new, or even slightly used, high performance sports car.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
Camvert2010

Drives: 68 camaro
I know many have been talking right now about the engine options that might be viable to purchase or not depending on your $ range.

I was hoping there would be a retro look with some of todays modern electronics. I really dont like the radio and was hoping for some other sudtle changes in the interior.

Savings for GM will come with the interior. So more HP might be offered at the expense of great retro interior accessories with modern capabilities.

Wait and see is all we can do, besides I dont plan to buy till most likely 2nd or maybe (not likely) even 3rd year.
Camvert2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #24
muscleman

Drives: don't have a camaro....yet
Am i hearing this right or wouldn't the V8 model have the four cylinder shut off when your at a cruising speed? U guys are right, though. Why settle with anything less than a V8? Especially on the sickest muscle car out there!!!!
muscleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleman View Post
Am i hearing this right or wouldn't the V8 model have the four cylinder shut off when your at a cruising speed? U guys are right, though. Why settle with anything less than a V8? Especially on the sickest muscle car out there!!!!
You betcha. Cylinder Deactivation will cut off 4 of the 8 to save on gas. GM already has this on many new vehicles to save on the gas. The Camaro will be one more...but add the VVT on there and the engine will have maximized potential w/ the best gas milage you can get!

Oh, and welcome to the site!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #26
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I see exactly what you are saying. V6 @ 21K MSRP...high performing V6~25K??? high performace V8 ~30-35K+??? Maybe even 40K??? I for one would have a problem dishing out that kind of cash for the ONLY V8 offered being in that price range. Personally, I won't settle for something due to price. In other words, if they only make one V8 which is in the 35 to 40K price range, I won't be able to afford it. And I DON'T want to say, "yeah...I bought the new Camaro....and my musclecar has a V6....." :o Nah, I'll pass and have to try to see what's offered the next year........or something. I don't want a V6...period.

The way I initially read it was like this.
1. V6
2. V6 high performance
3. V8
4. V8 high performance

Who knows....only time will tell....

I agree. I might as well put duel exhaust on my Lumina! And racing mags on the wheels. If they dont offer a variation of the V8's, bye bye Ms American pie, wont drive that Chevy to the levee.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
LeCroc

Drives: VW GOLF R32
There's a lot of talk on here about the cost of the V8........please spare a thought for those of us outside the US/Canada......who are gonna have to import the car........for me, based on a selling price of $40000, to get the car here (UK) will total in excess of £30000 after taxes and shipping.......close to $60000.........and that is still £20000 ($40000) cheaper than comparable cars with less than 400bhp! You dont know how good you've got it!!!!
LeCroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #28
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner

Drives: Nissan 350Z
If I have to sell a kidney to get my hands on this car, I'll do it.