Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #29
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
we went with a safe bet and chose the top dog coupe fully loaded in black with six speed manual.

I can't wait to see what that is!

EDIT: I thought I would call my local dealer for the hell of it just to see if they are taking deposits/have a list. Granted, I am new to the area and have not gone through this dealer previously, but they the salesman seemed pretty straight forward. Said there is nothing that they know for sure except it is slated for production sometime around Q3 of '08. The only thing he said that made me want to laugh was that it is supposed to have the 400HP LS2 in it, but he followed that up by saying I probably know more about that than he does.

This particular dealer has a list (I am now number 5 on this list) but will not take any deposits until they have the options list in their hands. I asked about the anticipated sales price being at or over MSRP and he said that he can not supply any information until they have information on the MSRP to begin with.

Last edited by Casull; 01-29-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #30
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Go to Tom Henry Chevy. I'll take very good care of you.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I don't know about the rest of you guys here, but I plan on not putting any deposits down on anything and go into the local Chev dealers and pull all sorts of bluffs of threatening to get a Mustang and Challenger as a negotiating ploy. Everytime the salesperson comes up with a ridiculous over MSRP number (guaranteed they will), I'll start mentioning that 'oh I went to the Ford dealer down the street and they're offering me 'this' for a fully loaded Mustang GT and that I went to a Dodge dealer and they offered me such and such for a fully loaded Challenger with a Hemi and then see what they do. If the bottom line is still too high, I'll walk away and then invariably wait for the numerous phone calls they make at my work and home numbers. That's the only way boys. That's the beauty of having more muscle cars on the market in '08-'09. It gives us much greater power of negotiations. Use it and use it wisely. Don't let dealers take you for a ride. They don't usually care about your loyalty, only there own bottom line.

Another thing, don't show gung ho excitement when you walk into the showroom in a couple of years and see the Camaros sitting there. You'll be screwed for sure then. Poker face always wins.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #32
WMCC GETGONE
ObseSSed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS, 1985 IROC Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to WMCC GETGONE
I refuse to give a dealer money for a car that's still nearly 2 years away. They started taking deposits last year after the concept was introduced and there was not even any plans for production. I'll wait till I can order one and get employee discount on it. I REFUSE to pay over sticker for ANY vehicle.

2002 Camaro SS T Top Black M6 SLP 345HP SLP #8542
1985 Camaro IROC Z28 T Top Silver 305TPI Auto
2000 Camaro "RS" T Top Mystic Teal V6 Auto Daily Driver
WMCC GETGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #33
rray200

I agree. Problem is all these people who are putting early deposits in are going to make it mighty difficult for us to negotiate, especially for a top dog model. I just hope it doesn't turn into the Shelby GT500 situation where people are forced to pay $20,000 over MSRP. Regardless, I'm sticking to my guns and will negotiate by threatening to buy from the competition. If that doesn't fly, then the competition will get my business. I love the Camaro, but not so much as to pay over MSRP. But the dealers may make a ton regardless (See Shelby GT500).
Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #34
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I agree. Problem is all these people who are putting early deposits in are going to make it mighty difficult for us to negotiate, especially for a top dog model. I just hope it doesn't turn into the Shelby GT500 situation where people are forced to pay $20,000 over MSRP. Regardless, I'm sticking to my guns and will negotiate by threatening to buy from the competition. If that doesn't fly, then the competition will get my business. I love the Camaro, but not so much as to pay over MSRP. But the dealers may make a ton regardless (See Shelby GT500).
I think it will just end up being a waiting game to be honest. I saw the same thing happen with the Mustang GTs when the new style was released. Back then I lived in Chicago and you couldn't find a mustang GT on a dealer's lot becasue they were all reserved before they arrived. The Z28 and SS models are going to be produced in limited quantities at first as they push out the V-6 models. That means supply will greatly out weigh demand, and if you ever took an economics course you know what that means. If you want to pay MSRP or below be prepared to wait or find a good dealership (they do exist).
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #35
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I think it will just end up being a waiting game to be honest. I saw the same thing happen with the Mustang GTs when the new style was released. Back then I lived in Chicago and you couldn't find a mustang GT on a dealer's lot becasue they were all reserved before they arrived. The Z28 and SS models are going to be produced in limited quantities at first as they push out the V-6 models. That means supply will greatly out weigh demand, and if you ever took an economics course you know what that means. If you want to pay MSRP or below be prepared to wait or find a good dealership (they do exist).
I guess there's no way around it. Plus, I'm in Canada and I have a feeling that most of the early Camaros will be going straight to the States, as the demand for these cars is much greater over there (colder weather in Canada, higher taxes). We'll just have to see how it plays out. I just hope it comes out sooner than expected, so that they can fix all the first year bugs sooner than expected.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #36
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC GETGONE View Post
I refuse to give a dealer money for a car that's still nearly 2 years away. They started taking deposits last year after the concept was introduced and there was not even any plans for production. I'll wait till I can order one and get employee discount on it. I REFUSE to pay over sticker for ANY vehicle.
I'll wait till I can order one and get employee discount on it.
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #37
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I think most dealers are rats so I wouldnt give em a dime until I knew what they were giving me in return.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #38
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC Gary View Post
I'll wait till I can order one and get employee discount on it.
I think the two of us need to talk......
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #39
mark

Drives: Z06
I also have one on pre order. As usual I will get the employee discount
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #40
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think the two of us need to talk......
Whys That?
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #41
Cdn Camaroman

Drives: 4 Camaros
I am actually going this week to drop a deposit for first-order of a '10 convertible.With it being refundable and a contract to my demands,what do i have to lose?
1996 Z28 SS # 004
Cdn Camaroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #42
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Camaroman View Post
I am actually going this week to drop a deposit for first-order of a '10 convertible.With it being refundable and a contract to my demands,what do i have to lose?
Like I said in an earlier post, I see absolutely nothign wrong with placing down a deposit as long as you ca get in writing a dollar figure that you and the dealer mutually agree on. If the dealer guarantees you x% over or under invoice or MSRP and you are happy with that figure then it is a good idea.

I think the majority of us have a problem understanding those that go into a dealer and plop down a deposit just to get on a list with absolutely no guarantee of a price.