Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #43
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
It's all about options and funny people come on here saying its rice or jumping to comment hell no...

however you are correct it only attracts fast and furious crowds....funny how while at car show today everyone gathering around my car even without under glow on. Must have been the high wing.
Must be ;-) Most of my shows are during the day and I run my LED scanner bar I have mounted in the grill. The lights are cool at nite shows but our rides can still win during daylight too. It draws all crowds not just the "fast and furious" crowds
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #44
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post

I guess you missed the part where CamaroI said that people were either jealous or "stupid" for not liking underglow lights on an American Muscle car. But I see that you quickly pointed out how many trophies that can be won from having them on your car, good job.

To each their own. Some people like to attract attention (from anyone and everyone) with some of their mods, and some people like to attraction attention (from certain more respectable crowds) with a well put together selection of modifications that are more "function over form" and tasteful than flashy and gawdy. I'm glad that your lights and all the other mods on your car are working out for you, I truly am. But as I scroll back through this thread, I can see the general consensus, and that's enough validation for me.
Oh OK so if they all jump off a bridge will you too? Sometimes you have to step outside the box and be different. 99% of the shows I do are judged shows. The people don't get to vote. It does draw the proper attention from the respectable crowds and the judges.

Not trying to be a pain here just don't see the need to be rude to people who chose to have certain mods, that's all.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #45
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I really don't see what the big deal is and why people get so worked up about it. Put lights on your car, or don't put lights on your car.. Some guys do it well, others don't. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #46
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:

I guess you missed the part where CamaroI said that people were either jealous or "stupid" for not liking underglow lights on an American Muscle car. But I see that you quickly pointed out how many trophies that can be won from having them on your car, good job.

To each their own. Some people like to attract attention (from anyone and everyone) with some of their mods, and some people like to attraction attention (from certain more respectable crowds) with a well put together selection of modifications that are more "function over form" and tasteful than flashy and gawdy. I'm glad that your lights and all the other mods on your car are working out for you, I truly am. But as I scroll back through this thread, I can see the general consensus, and that's enough validation for me.

Ya know its kinda like rocken orange halos around town!! Some would say ricer and non tasteful but I say go for it
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #47
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
No.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #48
midnightwarrior
Its so hard

Drives: 2010 SS, 2009 Yamaha Warrior
Quote:

Really? Who is to define what is respectable? Certainly not me, definetely not you. Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it. Should it always be spoken out loud? No. But when it is hat should be the end of it.

Honestly 90% of people on forums would never talk the way they do on forums to another persons face. But I guess that's the fun of the forums.

Back on topic if you like it go for it. I myself like it. Its not at the top of my to do list but its on there.
midnightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #49
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
I put stickers on top of stickers on top of my intake manifold. Boosts wheel horsepower by 20%. Also I enjoy listening to the sound of a 4 banger fart can in the morning. Really gets my blood pumping.

In all seriousness, certain mods aren't for everyone. I like underglow but it STRONGLY depends on HOW it's used. I like subtle amounts, nothing too flashy. I don't want to draw people to my car with lights. I'd rather do it with the sound of a good exhaust with a lopey cam that really makes your pants tighten up.

Ethan
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #50
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Oh OK so if they all jump off a bridge will you too? Sometimes you have to step outside the box and be different. 99% of the shows I do are judged shows. The people don't get to vote. It does draw the proper attention from the respectable crowds and the judges.

Not trying to be a pain here just don't see the need to be rude to people who chose to have certain mods, that's all.
Not trying to be a pain, but you continue to try to make a point to people who do not condone your taste, that makes a lot of sense. And your first comment about jumping off the bridge? Considering all of the people in this thread who said no didn't "agree" to say no, I would say that your comment makes absolutely no sense and is moot in point. No one is being a follower, but hey I'm sure we're all in a cult or "haters" for not wanting to be like you and your best friend CamaroI, right?

By the way, I think the word you are looking for is "Night", not nite. I saw you use it in multiple posts, not sure if that's car show slang.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #51
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwarrior View Post

Really? Who is to define what is respectable? Certainly not me, definetely not you. Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it. Should it always be spoken out loud? No. But when it is hat should be the end of it.

Honestly 90% of people on forums would never talk the way they do on forums to another persons face. But I guess that's the fun of the forums.

Back on topic if you like it go for it. I myself like it. Its not at the top of my to do list but its on there.
Who is to define if people would really "talk" to someone in person the way they do on the forums? You're comparing apples to oranges, and frankly I don't need your random statistics to voice my opinion about something. It's funny how someone calls people jealous or stupid for not wanting lights on their car, but the minute their taste is questioned, you got people from the woodwork jumping on the meatwagon to defend their ridiculous comments. Good job superhero.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #52
LS3 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Having a birth defect is different. Doesnt mean I want one. For some reason you still ingoring the original stupid and jealous comment. If your happy with your mods thats all that matters. The people that are saying they dont like a bunch of plastic glued to their cars are just as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours. I think you should take your own advice and just agree to disagree.
She only agrees with people who win "nite" car shows brother, let it go.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
She only agrees with people who win "nite" car shows brother, let it go.
Yeah auto correct on iPad for night seems to be nite...good call...keep rocken those "orange" halos

once I saw that post you lost all one ups!! Hating on under glow as ricer, but your running orange halos

I kinda like the purple though
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #54
midnightwarrior
Its so hard

Drives: 2010 SS, 2009 Yamaha Warrior
Just making a point there boss.

And my kids tell me I'm a super hero all the time!

/end
midnightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #55
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
no...rice.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #56
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Ignoring all the back and forth:

Yes. If you like it, and want some glow coming from under your car.. go for it. And if your ever at a car meet, with a bunch of people who do not appreciate your taste in modding your own car, amazingly, they sell switches.. so if the mood to turn it off ever strikes you.. Flip. No more lights. But then again, that would be bowing down to others tastes/choices.. damn that. Turn em on, and leave em on.

Although underglow catches the attention of people other than just would-be admirers.. bored LEO will see that as an open invitation to follow you. Much respect to our boys in blue, if your not doing anything wrong they will probably just pass you by. Just saying that sometimes attention is not always the right answer.