Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2023, 05:55 PM   #29
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Anyone with a Paper License Plate.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:21 PM   #30
TheEnthusiast

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1SS
LOL Chargers, usually stay in the rear view unless its a hell kitty. Otherwise, they are nice little snackpacks.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 PM   #31
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
I get mostly SUVs, Pickups with loud exhausts, and hot hatches. While I don't challenge other drivers, I don't back off either if challenged.

The car may be fast, but is the driver? In Ontario, if you're caught doing more than 30 mph over the limit, your vehicle will be seized roadside for 7 days, and your license suspended for 30 days. I've only had one driver on the freeway keep up with me as we both got up to 100 mph (in a 60), he finally backed off at 120.

Sure the V6 won't beat a V8 in a drag race, but on the highway, it's not HP that matters, it's handling and how fast the other guy is willing to go.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:12 PM   #32
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
I get mostly SUVs, Pickups with loud exhausts, and hot hatches. While I don't challenge other drivers, I don't back off either if challenged.

The car may be fast, but is the driver? In Ontario, if you're caught doing more than 30 mph over the limit, your vehicle will be seized roadside for 7 days, and your license suspended for 30 days. I've only had one driver on the freeway keep up with me as we both got up to 100 mph (in a 60), he finally backed off at 120.

Sure the V6 won't beat a V8 in a drag race, but on the highway, it's not HP that matters, it's handling and how fast the other guy is willing to go.
From the sounds of it, I’d lose to you all day, every day.

Those are some pretty harsh penalties….
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:14 PM   #33
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Last year a soccer mom in a fancy Audi suv was riding my ssa all the way to the freeway. Once I got to the ramp I got “on throttle” very aggressively and didn’t look back until I was on the freeway. Figured she’d be back where I sped off—NOPE SHE WAS STILL ON MY BUMPER!! I NEVER DROPPED HER!! I think those things have twin turbo v8 s, not sure though.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:04 AM   #34
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Actually... No that's not how that works at all. Handling has little to nothing to do with it. And no, a V6 will not beat a V8 in the traditional sense due to basic physics. And I ain't talkin about turbo 6's either. V8's have more horsepower even a shit driver can be fast with one. It all comes down to whoever values who's car most.

If you value your car more than I value mine, then I win. Otherwise opposite is true.

BMW X5 m50i's similar hp higher torque than my car, and no they can't pull on me as several have tried. They haven't learned about gravity yet it seems. I also went against an 840i. No he couldn't keep up either. Gone against challengers, no they can't keep up either. 5.0's not so much because the one I did try to run cut me off and nearly caused me to rear-end him. (Hence: its about who values who's car most - That mustang won)

But despite all that, not once did my lil' brothers with the 6 cylinders try to run me... Yet at least.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:07 AM   #35
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Last year a soccer mom in a fancy Audi suv was riding my ssa all the way to the freeway. Once I got to the ramp I got “on throttle” very aggressively and didn’t look back until I was on the freeway. Figured she’d be back where I sped off—NOPE SHE WAS STILL ON MY BUMPER!! I NEVER DROPPED HER!! I think those things have twin turbo v8 s, not sure though.
Don't underestimate audi's. Yes a lot of them are turbo'd, some twin. smaller L V8's or big 6's though.

AMG's are quick too.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq

Last edited by FlukeSS; 04-05-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:21 AM   #36
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnthusiast View Post
LOL Chargers, usually stay in the rear view unless its a hell kitty. Otherwise, they are nice little snackpacks.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:41 AM   #37
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:

From a 70 mph roll horsepower is EVERYTHING. That's why EV's 'instant' torque is over rated in my opinion.

I can't speak to Canadian highways, having very limited experience driving there, but on US Interstates handling is not a factor unless the car is unstable at high speeds and I'm not sure I would call that 'handling'. It's extremely rare to encounter a stretch of Interstate that is unsafe even at 150 mph. The only place I've been where handling mattered on the Interstate was the entrance to the tunnel on I10 going through Mobile Alabama. Try to take that turn at high speeds and you're going to become a statistic.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:50 AM   #38
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
From a 70 mph roll horsepower is EVERYTHING. That's why EV's 'instant' torque is over rated in my opinion.

I can't speak to Canadian highways, having very limited experience driving there, but on US Interstates handling is not a factor unless the car is unstable at high speeds and I'm not sure I would call that 'handling'. It's extremely rare to encounter a stretch of Interstate that is unsafe even at 150 mph. The only place I've been where handling mattered on the Interstate was the entrance to the tunnel on I10 going through Mobile Alabama. Try to take that turn at high speeds and you're going to become a statistic.

I definitely agree with this and with what you mentioned on our Interstates.

I had the Camaro cleaned the other day and on the way home I had a Ford Windstar minivan that the owner rebadged to "Pimpstar" Rev at me. I could not facepalm harder.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:55 AM   #39
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
I definitely agree with this and with what you mentioned on our Interstates.

I had the Camaro cleaned the other day and on the way home I had a Ford Windstar minivan that the owner rebadged to "Pimpstar" Rev at me. I could not facepalm harder.

lol
Old 04-05-2023, 12:02 PM   #40
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Honda Civics, old ones lol . . .

I never take the bait. In Maryland you can lose your license for racing. Also we get idiots weaving in and out of traffic at 100 mph+ (I've had someone come up and pass me on the left SHOULDER. Two different times!) This video shows what can happen - 6 innocent construction workers killed because of the stupidity of the two drivers:

https://www.wbal.com/article/607763/...6-road-workers
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:39 PM   #41
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post

I never take the bait. In Maryland you can lose your license for racing. Also we get idiots weaving in and out of traffic at 100 mph+ (I've had someone come up and pass me on the left SHOULDER. Two different times!) This video shows what can happen - 6 innocent construction workers killed because of the stupidity of the two drivers:

Civic with a laptop though…………………
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:07 PM   #42
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post

Ahhh yes, good ole' 695. Between 695 and 495 you have the 2 shittiest roadways in the world and just a short ~30 miles apart.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote