The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Daughter moving out of my life.

My daughter called me to tell me her husband was offered a manager job in Kentucky. From what it sounds like, they may be leaving soon. After talking to my daughter, she thinks it could be a fresh start for both of them and a chance to live a good life. I'm going to support them with what ever decision they make.

My daughter and I had a falling out some years ago and i was not part of her life for a few years. I made attempts to mend our relationship but i had to let her want it. Fast forward a couple years and i get a call out of the blue to get together and talk about. We were a family again and i couldn't of been happier.

Shes been my heart and soul since and we've been very close. We call each other all the time just to chat or ask/give advice. Of course ill miss her, as any parent would. I guess it bothers me more since i missed so much time with her and now that we are close, she'll be out of my life again. Regardless of what she does, she'll always have dad by her side.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Life works that way. Gave you the opportunity to fix matters and you did. This way, it's not broken anymore. Some never get that chance and then things get left unsaid...

Best of luck...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 PM   #3
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Sounds like you are very fortunate to now have a good relationship with her, just because there is distance between you should not change that. Might be a vacation to Kentucky in your future.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:12 AM   #4
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Moving blows but life is always changing..just keep doing what you're doing..
Old 07-21-2016, 06:25 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Hopefully this means you get to "road trip" more often to see her. Nothing is more important than that family bond. Glad you two are close again and it continues, even when there is a little physical distance.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #6
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I like Ky. Been here all my life. May I ask where they are going and with whom he will be working?

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #7
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I'd like to see Kentucky one day. I got close, making it to southern West Virginia.

My oldest daughter has always been closer to me then the younger one. Great that you got back together before the move. Embrace her decision and try and visit annually (or more) if you can.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Time to learn how to face time
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
"I guess it bothers me more since i missed so much time with her and now that we are close, she'll be out of my life again."

Hopefully that thought changes as you now have a Bond again. My son lives in Seattle & I'm here in Tampa - pretty good distance, but we talk at least once a week, we get to watch what each other is doing on Facebook & Instagram. I feel we are still very close even though I haven't seen him in close to 2 Years.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #10
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
I like Ky. Been here all my life. May I ask where they are going and with whom he will be working?

The company is Sherwood Bedding in Walton Ky. I guess they will actually be living in Cincinnati ,Ohio. I guess they'll be living right on the border of KY in Ohio, if that make any sense.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
The company is Sherwood Bedding in Walton Ky. I guess they will actually be living in Cincinnati ,Ohio. I guess they'll be living right on the border of KY in Ohio, if that make any sense.
Cincinnati's not a bad place to raise a family. I grew up there.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #12
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Yep, just across the Ohio River. I grew up in WV about 3 hours from there. 2 of my kids now live in WV and a third outside Toledo, OH, so I know what you mean. I can drive it in about 9 hours from here and they can likewise. Sounds like you would have a bigger trip ahead of you. Peace and quiet is good sometimes but now I'm starting to miss out on grandkids stuff. All in all, it's a nice area to be from, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #13
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
A Nice area with lots of good companies located there. My BiL flies for DHL from there.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #14
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
I moved my baby to Houston 2 years ago....she was 24 and lived here in dfw all her life. she just got married, but both her and her hubby have a good head on their shoulders and doing very well. its a 3 or 4 hr drive to visit, but I don't care how long a drive it is, we see them at least once a month.

its great that she is in your life again......and that's what matters. good luck my friend and go visit her as much as you can.