The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-01-2022, 03:24 AM   #9829
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I am not a tough guy. I prefer non-violence even if that means swallowing my pride and walking away...which I have done and will continue to do whenever the situation permits. I have no problem protecting others without a weapon. And honestly, that fear that tells you that you are not able to protect your family unless you are armed is what leads to problems. You don't need a weapon to protect people or yourself. You are just afraid that you can't protect anyone and you feel powerless. And owning a gun makes you feel protected. You don't have a gun so you can protect others. You have a gun so you don't feel scared.

You make alot of assumptions. 99 percent carry out of fear. Did you get that out of a Little Golden Book?

You have no problem protecting others without a weapon? If the assailants have guns?

I own a gun for an occasion i hope never comes where i will need more than my wits, hands and intelligence can’t fix.

If someone pulled a gun and started shooting you are not “defending others” you are running. There’s nothing wrong with that, you are unarmed.

To make blanket assumptions about law abiding citizens and what they do and do not know is born out of ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:33 AM   #9830
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
You make alot of assumptions. 99 percent carry out of fear. Did you get that out of a Little Golden Book?

You have no problem protecting others without a weapon? If the assailants have guns?

I own a gun for an occasion i hope never comes where i will need more than my wits, hands and intelligence can’t fix.

If someone pulled a gun and started shooting you are not “defending others” you are running. There’s nothing wrong with that, you are unarmed.

To make blanket assumptions about law abiding citizens and what they do and do not know is born out of ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just because you're powerless and weak without a gun doesn't mean we all are.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:18 AM   #9831
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
I find your attempts to denigrate gun owners amusing.

I carry all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm 'powerless and weak without a gun'. I'm 58, former military, and I can honestly say I've never met a person in my life whom I didn't believe I could put down if I really needed to, armed or not.

Having said that, I'm always armed anyway. I've drawn my gun twice in the 37 years I've been carrying. Both times the individuals involved went to jail, and counted themselves lucky they weren't dead. There have been countless times when I've walked away from developing situations specifically because I was armed and knew there was the potential for escalation.

I have news for you brother, in comparison to an armed individual who knows what he is doing, an unarmed you is about as powerful as a newborn baby. You're prey, plain and simple, a walking ATM.

I guess if you live in a nanny state like NJ you get used to depending upon the State to guarantee your safety and become complacent. You don't really have a choice as the State doesn't allow you to protect yourself.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:26 AM   #9832
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Actually, yes, if you don't own a gun, you are powerless and weak compared to anyone (especially criminals and despots) who do have guns.

Maybe think before you say something stupid.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:00 AM   #9833
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
"99 percent carry out of fear."

Is that from the CDC??

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:55 AM   #9834
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
"99 percent carry out of fear."

Is that from the CDC??
The story goes that a State Trooper pulled over an elderly lady for speeding. While gathering information he asked her if she was armed. She mentioned the gun in her purse, one in her glove box, and one under the seat. Surprised the Trooper asked her 'what are you afraid of ma'am?'

She responded, 'Not a damn thing.'
Old 03-01-2022, 08:03 AM   #9835
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I find your attempts to denigrate gun owners amusing.
I find most of the comments on here amusing as well. I'm not trying to denigrate anyone. I made a statement and some people got offended by it and started firing...pun intended. I just fired back.

Quote:
I carry all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm 'powerless and weak without a gun'. I'm 58, former military, and I can honestly say I've never met a person in my life whom I didn't believe I could put down if I really needed to, armed or not.
Good for you. I mean, if that's how you feel then good. I don't underestimate anyone nor do I overestimate my ability. I've been in many scraps and one thing I know is anything can happen. That punk who you can easily lay out could land a lucky punch and you'll be seeing stars. Or you can get hit from behind. Life ain't John Wick or Jack Preacher movie. Any person you meet, in the right circumstances, can take you out. I was a bouncer for many years. And I've seen plenty of drunk sloppy dudes land a lucky punch on some of the toughest bouncers you've seen.

Quote:
Having said that, I'm always armed anyway. I've drawn my gun twice in the 37 years I've been carrying. Both times the individuals involved went to jail, and counted themselves lucky they weren't dead. There have been countless times when I've walked away from developing situations specifically because I was armed and knew there was the potential for escalation.
Then you knew the laws and you followed them. I have no issue with that. If you had fired upon them and killed them and if it was lawful and within your rights to do so then I have no issue with that either. If it was within your rights but you chose not to out of a feeling that it was unnecessary then I commend you for your use of restraint.

Quote:
I have news for you brother, in comparison to an armed individual who knows what he is doing, an unarmed you is about as powerful as a newborn baby. You're prey, plain and simple, a walking ATM.
And owning or carrying a gun does not make you any less prey than I am. A smart criminal can make you feel as powerless as a deer in a pond full of crocodiles. Like I said, this ain't no John Wick movie. You're not gonna say some clever line to some group of punks and then disarm and beat up 7 people and say another clever line and walk off.

And for the record, you wouldn't stand a chance against an "armed criminal who knows what he is doing" tough guy.

Quote:
I guess if you live in a nanny state like NJ you get used to depending upon the State to guarantee your safety and become complacent. You don't really have a choice as the State doesn't allow you to protect yourself.
And if you don't feel safe without a gun in Georgia then you wouldn't last a week up here. LOL!! Who are you afraid of? A bunch of meth heads and drunks? Give me a break.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #9836
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
I am not a tough guy. I prefer non-violence even if that means swallowing my pride and walking away...which I have done and will continue to do whenever the situation permits. I have no problem protecting others without a weapon. And honestly, that fear that tells you that you are not able to protect your family unless you are armed is what leads to problems. You don't need a weapon to protect people or yourself. You are just afraid that you can't protect anyone and you feel powerless. And owning a gun makes you feel protected. You don't have a gun so you can protect others. You have a gun so you don't feel scared.

How does YOUR husband feel about it? Did he write you that poem?

Owning a gun has nothing to do with liberty. If you think it does then I doubt you are competent enough to own one.

And that is very good for you. As long as you know what the laws are and act accordingly. And if you ever have to use it, I hope you remember the laws and act accordingly...which most people do not.
Your comments do not dignify a response. Now I know your just trolling. Good luck.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #9837
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #9838
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Actually, yes, if you don't own a gun, you are powerless and weak compared to anyone (especially criminals and despots) who do have guns.

Maybe think before you say something stupid.
I have nothing but pity for you. It is a sad day when a grown man feels weak and powerless unless he has a gun. If you knew what you were talking about then you would know how silly your statements are.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:30 AM   #9839
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Wise words.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #9840
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
This thread has really gotten carried away.

Last edited by jamala00; 03-01-2022 at 01:22 PM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #9841
OhThat Guy

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I like guns… and most other internal combustion devices… enjoy … but use responsibly.
OhThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:41 AM   #9842
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Yea. There is no troll. I made a statement supporting the carrying and use of guns in a responsible and safe manner. These guys for some reason started jumping down my throat about how the only way to feel safe and protected is to have a gun. And if you guys feel that way then that's your issue. I couldn't care less if you own one or not. My only issue is that if you do own one and if you do choose to use it, then you know the laws and you use it responsibly, safely, and within the laws. Everyone has that right. But don't come at me with some BS about how I'm a victim because I personally don't own one. I am 45 years old and I made it this far without one. And I don't live in the suburbs on a cul de sac with squad cars patrolling every hour like some of you guys. I made it just fine.

OP if you want to know where to mount it, first you need to know where you can legally mount it and what conditions must be met (loaded, unloaded, dismantled, etc). Because it don't matter where anyone else has there's mounted if you can't mount your gun there. But do what you want.

Tags
camaro gun