The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-31-2018, 01:44 AM   #1
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Ford's credit rating in the gutter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ucturing-risks

I was somewhat surprised by this considering they were the one US automaker that was able to weather the financial crisis and had the best selling truck series in the US market, as well as strong Mustang sales. It's obvious those two can't carry the burden, but management obviously made some poor business decisions along the way.

As much as I'm not a big fan, competition is good, and needed. It's not looking good from what I'm reading, but hopefully they can pull themselves out of this very deep hole.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
I was pretty surprised by this as well. I would have a lot more faith in Ford paying its debt than Tesla, but who knows. Remember these rating companies gave AAA ratings to garbage mortgages so I don't have a lot of confidence in them anyway.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I am not liking the direction Ford is going. Lately it seems they have been in a bit of a jumbled mess especially since Hackett took over. His decision to kill cars IMO is going to back fire big time. I could see killing the Taurus, and fiesta. but to kill everything but the Focus (in a "crossover variant") and Mustang is a mistake. Also they have been super slow at getting new things to market. Ranger, Bronco, EcoSport all are taking/took way to long to get to market. Also the lineup is very stale in auto years. Yes almost everything has been refreshed but as far as all new the most recent ones are the EcoSport, Expedition and F-150 which is from 2015. The Escape is from 13, Focus is from 12, Fusion 13, Edge from 15, Explorer from 12. Yes they all have had refreshes but some of those don't have all new models coming out till 19 or 20. They need to find a way to speed the process up to stay fresh.

I think they should have stuck it out with Fields, but they have a lot of work to.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Yep, they entered a saturated CUV market too late with not compelling enough offerings.

When I heard about the killing off of so many vehicles, I knew something was seriously wrong,.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ucturing-risks

I was somewhat surprised by this considering they were the one US automaker that was able to weather the financial crisis and had the best selling truck series in the US market, as well as strong Mustang sales. It's obvious those two can't carry the burden, but management obviously made some poor business decisions along the way.

As much as I'm not a big fan, competition is good, and needed. It's not looking good from what I'm reading, but hopefully they can pull themselves out of this very deep hole.
They avoided bankruptcy because they were in terrible financial shape just a couple years before and managed to get tons of credit secured to re-organize themselves when such credit was easy to come by. When sales were cut in half in 08, GM and Chrysler would have loved to take on billions in loans from banks ... but banks suddenly not giving out loans was the cause of the sales drop in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I was pretty surprised by this as well. I would have a lot more faith in Ford paying its debt than Tesla, but who knows. Remember these rating companies gave AAA ratings to garbage mortgages so I don't have a lot of confidence in them anyway.
So do credit lenders. Thats why Ford's credit rating, even after being reduced one notch, is still several grades above Tesla's.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #6
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Ford did take government money, they just delayed. They did a better job marketing/hiding it...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmu...prise-you/amp/

I have also read about Ford taking European bail outs in '08. If Europe bailed out Ford and we bailed them out...
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I guess that FCA is doing better than Ford, maybe Ford should have not dropped their Crown Vic it was the only 4 door that sold.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #8
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
The Mustang and F series trucks are all they have that are exciting.

All their cars except their performance variants (like Focus RS) are bleh.

But eliminating all cars is stupid. They just need to redesign them to make them more attractive and the performance more exciting.
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90