The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #15
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Just got off the phone with the school and received the following info:

- Wives can come at no extra cost if they are not driving. They are allowed to attend the classes and can get rides with the instructors if they want (this is a great free benefit!!). If they want to drive, they must pay the original cost for the class ($2500 for the 2-day class, $3895 for the 3-day class). Lunch is provided for the class, wives would have to buy theirs.
- Video cameras are allowed in the car with the proper windshield suction cup mount (they sell the mounts if you need one).
- On the third day, it is with instructors. We start with a warm up on track, lead follow, then the instructors follow you from behind, open track rules, then sessions after lunch on track. That is also when they ride with you, shotgun. They highly recommend the extra day as everyone who has taken the 2-day class wishes they had done the extra day. You can come back and do the extra day later, but it will be at the regular price and not the discounted price.
- They have 2-day events in conjunction with the 3-day events, so even though it doesn’t show specific 2-day events past June, they are available.
- The discounted price is good from Mar 26, 2014 – Mar 26, 2015 for anyone who bought their car before Mar 26th. Anyone after will have one year from date of purchase.
- The classes run for 8am – 4pm each day, so you can plan to leave in the evening of the last day if you need to.
- Extra days in the condos are available started at $110 a night and are not a problem to get.

They also sent me a schedule through Dec and the C7 STINGRAY, LEVEL – 1 CURRICULUM (see attachments).

I am looking at doing the three day course and arriving the day before, leaving the night of the last day (maybe, since it gets me back to Virginia the next morning) sometime in June or July. The 16-18 Jun class lets you travel on Sunday, Father’s Day (Can anyone say Father’s Day gift?), saving a vacation day from work. The wife is looking forward to the Spa and the pool, maybe a ride with an instructor.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf RFPDS Level 1 C7.pdf (175.7 KB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf 2014 Schedule.pdf (252.2 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by Buzzardz_vette; 04-01-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Corrected the third day info.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #16
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
This was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. The stingray training last fall there was phenomenal and highly recommend it to everyone. You guys have nonidea what this car can really do until you've experienced a hot lap in one!
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #17
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
I saw this thread and called up to register.

But a note to everyone who has an automatic C7: Beware!

I really was looking forward to learning from C7 "experts" exactly how to get the most out of my car. I have an automatic, and I asked if I would be getting an automatic. The lady said that they only have 1 automatic and it was spoken for, so no guarantees. They said I'd be probably be getting a manual.
I told her that I had never driven a stick, and she said that they would just have to teach me during the course!! WTF! 1000 bucks to learn how to drive a stick?
(Maybe I should learn how to drive a stick anyway, but) the whole point that I wanted to goto the school was to learn how best to drive my automatic car, and instead I'll have to learn how to drive a manual car. Even if I pick it up quickly, it's completely different.
Example: Everything that they teach me about launch control, I have to throw out the window because its different in autos.

So if you have an automatic C7, this may not be the ideal course for you.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #18
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was just there guys!!! I got to go for work to the sales academy which is at spring mountain as well. It's awesome! Here is a link to all the pictures I took while I was out there http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344851. I've never had so much fun in my life. They have like 75 vettes out there to drive balls to the wall. It was amazing. Plus the facilities are world class. I stayed on the strip in Vegas and I thought that condo at spring mountain was nicer. It truly is amazing. Spend the grand and go. It's Disney world for car guys. You will not leave disappointed.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #19
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Looks like the wife and I are going for the 1-3 July class. Me for driving, her for the pool and spa.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #20
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Wife and I are all signed up for the 1-3 Jul class, and she's looking forward to rides with the instructors (in the cars of course).

Everyone please note that classes during July (at least) run from 7am to 3pm, not 8am to 4pm. Melinda said this was to try to "beat the heat". So make sure you check on the time. It actually works better for me since I'm leaving after the class on the 3rd. Gives us more time to make our flight.

She also said shorts and t-shirt and smooth soled shoes for driving are OK.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #21
Hogda

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I just booked the 2-day program on May 14-15. I can't wait! I would have liked to do the extra day but just couldn't make it work. I hope others are able to take advantage of this great offer.
Hogda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #22
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I registered last night for the 2-day September 2 & 3. Donna told me same on clothing and shoes: comfortable with smooth soles, as we will be doing a lot sliding the feet across pedals. And ANY family member who joins you for the trip gets the same side perks! I plan to have my nephew join me - he's very much into cars and will enjoy the experience!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #23
Hogda

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I just got back from the 2-day Ron Fellows driving school at Spring Mountain. It was an awesome experience! If you have never taken this type of course it is a MUST for any C7 owner. If this is on your bucket list you have to move this to the top of the list. You have no idea what the C7 is capable of until you learn from the best. Rick and the team of instructors are incredible. They are able to quickly identify your skill level and make sure you improve with each driving skill and every time you take to the track. I wish I had registered for the 3-day since the final day would have been more time behind the wheel. I felt so confident by the end of day 2 but wish I could have put it all together during open lap time. I'm already trying to figure out when I can return to finish my day 3 experience and then take the Level 2 course.
Hogda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #24
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Still waiting for them to figure out how they can apply the discount to Canadian C7 owners. Have any of the cdns on here heard anything yet?
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #25
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I may be headed out to Las Vegas in early July. Might have to add this to the trip.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #26
purpleRac3r

Steve, if you plan to attend, check with the school now, don't wait. The classes fill up fast, and while there a a lot of class dates available, you really need to sign up soon to make sure you get the dates you want. I signed up in March for early September, and I saw back then classes were filling up well into June.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #27
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Steve, if you plan to attend, check with the school now, don't wait. The classes fill up fast, and while there a a lot of class dates available, you really need to sign up soon to make sure you get the dates you want. I signed up in March for early September, and I saw back then classes were filling up well into June.
Thanks. I had planned on calling this week anyways. Just finished up talking to them, however the time I'm planning on going there is not going to work out. I am planning on trying out the WSOP in Vegas this year, so I can plan hard dates like this prior to the tournament, however it's hard to say what day I'll be free on the other side of the trip.

I may still try to schedule something later in the year...but for now, this is on hold.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #28
purpleRac3r

Big news today! GM has finally extended the discount to our friends north of the border! Canadian owners now get to enjoy Spring Mountain at the same price as we in the US. Just saw it on www.corvetteblogger.com.

Perhaps I'll meet some of you September 2 & 3!