The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #29
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
RichardLord, I'm in the same boat as you. I vowed to stay with my dealer and I had their 2nd allocation back in October. The Z51 constraint was on, they didn't want to lose an allocation and I didn't want to settle so they gave my spot to the 3rd person on their list for a sold non Z51 option car. To this day it has never been produced. They received finally received another allocation on 2/20 and again placed my order as a sold Priority One order (whatever that means). Again still not picked up by GM but this time the dealer left it there so at least I have an order placed that was prior to the increase.
I sold my 2013 ZL1 in December thru the dealership as an in and out trade so I have $4500 in tax credits patiently waiting.
We're doing the museum delivery and with the luck I have it'll probably be the same weekend as my daughter's wedding

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #30
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
RichardLord, I'm in the same boat as you. I vowed to stay with my dealer and I had their 2nd allocation back in October. The Z51 constraint was on, they didn't want to lose an allocation and I didn't want to settle so they gave my spot to the 3rd person on their list for a sold non Z51 option car. To this day it has never been produced. They received finally received another allocation on 2/20 and again placed my order as a sold Priority One order (whatever that means). Again still not picked up by GM but this time the dealer left it there so at least I have an order placed that was prior to the increase.
I sold my 2013 ZL1 in December thru the dealership as an in and out trade so I have $4500 in tax credits patiently waiting.
We're doing the museum delivery and with the luck I have it'll probably be the same weekend as my daughter's wedding
God bless us all, with C7s on order, everyone. I swear the Marx Brothers are in charge of Chevy C7 ordering, sales, production, and delivery with Groucho as the lawyer. As I said, the Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray ordering, production, and delivery architecture is ObamaCare on wheels.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #31
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
With all you guys talking about production issues I didnt see anyone mention this interesting little fact....Chevrolet replaced the plant manager about 3 weeks ago. Also, 'batching', if I am correct, referes to the weekly # of cars that move from a 'preliminary' order to status 2000 which is 'accepted'. Hence, a batch is pulled every week. I get about 10-12 cars batched each week depending on constraints. And dealers can ask for extra allocation every week. Its rare but we've had it happen periodically.
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #32
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryg75 View Post
With all you guys talking about production issues I didnt see anyone mention this interesting little fact....Chevrolet replaced the plant manager about 3 weeks ago. Also, 'batching', if I am correct, referes to the weekly # of cars that move from a 'preliminary' order to status 2000 which is 'accepted'. Hence, a batch is pulled every week. I get about 10-12 cars batched each week depending on constraints. And dealers can ask for extra allocation every week. Its rare but we've had it happen periodically.
Well, so, "Batching" actually has real meaning in terms of Chevy producing my C7 - Maybe I'll get my C7 in time for the summer times to actually work as intended - This is what I ordered, but is to be $3,200 less than shown at original pricing

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...JZCI6bnVsbH0=@
Old 03-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #33
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
I think likely you will pay more now…it happened to me… I was given a price and it was higher in the end… sad.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
I think likely you will pay more now…it happened to me… I was given a price and it was higher in the end… sad.
Fortunately,my dealer said it would honor the original price, and Chevy shall invoice my dealer based on the original price.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #35
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Does anyone know if we will still be price protected, if your order jumps to a 2015 model?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #36
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
Does anyone know if we will still be price protected, if your order jumps to a 2015 model?
I don't see how that would be possible. That concern led to me reacting and buying a car now. My dealer would honor my order price on a 2014, but if my order was pushed to a 2015, then I would be paying the recent price increase on top of the 2015 price increase.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #37
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonulrich View Post
I don't see how that would be possible. That concern led to me reacting and buying a car now. My dealer would honor my order price on a 2014, but if my order was pushed to a 2015, then I would be paying the recent price increase on top of the 2015 price increase.
I talked to Chevy as did my dealer - They both guaranteed me that there would be no price increase for me given I had a C7 on order that Chevy accepted - I expect both Chevy and my dealer shall get me a 2014, but if it goes to 2015, it shall still be on them, so I was told - So, what ever year C7 I get, my Chevy dealer committed to the 2014 original order price, and I shall hold it to that price - If I were to change an order spec, like a new 2015 option, that may change the dynamic, and so I am not adding or deleting a thing to my order - If something were to change on Chevy's end, that would be another thing - If I am pushed to a 2015, I am hoping the new performance recording system comes with one of the packages I ordered on my '14 - Now, that would be justice
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #38
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Richardlord,
They told you that it is possible that you will get a 2015 car for the same price as the 2014 you ordered? If that holds true, it would be a fantastic deal. I would prepare yourself psychologically that the case may change, especially if you do not have that in writing and about to sit down with a contract in September, holding them to what someone said in March. I really hope you get what you want and are not disappointed.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #39
Torched

Drives: 2014 Z51
I'm in a situation I haven't seen anybody comment on. I have an TPW slated for 3/31 so my price is protected at the pre-increase level. However, I qualify for supplier pricing & w/supplier pricing discount now released for Corvette, for my config I'd be $4,157 Cheaper w/the price increase & supplier discount applied! My dealer has a $2k deposit that's no longer refundable but even if I gave that up it'd still be $2,157 (all of this is 'before tax') ahead to just start over. I have an email in to my dealer inquiring if we can switch to the new pricing & discount while keeping my car, w/the 3/31 TPW, but he hasn't written back. I'm now kicking around just wasting the $2k deposit & waiting for 2015 Z06, esp if my dealer can't get my price reduced. It'd be nicer if GM hadn't done all this, sure would be easier.
Torched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #40
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Torched, I wouldn't burn the bridge on your current order just yet. First look into finding a dealership that would honor the supplier price and then compare apples to apples.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #41
Torched

Drives: 2014 Z51
Yeah carsonulrich, it's complicated. I'd prefer a Z06 over a Z51, but I'd rather have a Vette sooner than later, which is what got me to TPW. The later I take delivery of a Z51, the less advantage there is to sacrificing my pref. MY2015 is getting closer every day & I kinda doubt that for me, tossing my 2k deposit & starting over looking for a dealer who can get an allocation plus offer supplier discounting, just to save $2157 is worth it. My greatest hope is that my current guy can go to bat & hit a homerun - net me both price inc & supplier pricing, while keeping my current TPW. Not hearing from him for a few days now doesn't look encouraging.
A Z06 would be so nice, but to take delivery of it 365 days from today is like cruel & unusual punishment, not to mention currently incalculably more expensive. Argh.
Torched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #42
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torched View Post
Yeah carsonulrich, it's complicated. I'd prefer a Z06 over a Z51, but I'd rather have a Vette sooner than later, which is what got me to TPW. The later I take delivery of a Z51, the less advantage there is to sacrificing my pref. MY2015 is getting closer every day & I kinda doubt that for me, tossing my 2k deposit & starting over looking for a dealer who can get an allocation plus offer supplier discounting, just to save $2157 is worth it. My greatest hope is that my current guy can go to bat & hit a homerun - net me both price inc & supplier pricing, while keeping my current TPW. Not hearing from him for a few days now doesn't look encouraging.
A Z06 would be so nice, but to take delivery of it 365 days from today is like cruel & unusual punishment, not to mention currently incalculably more expensive. Argh.
That is a choice you have to make. I think you can use the new supplier option to perhaps haggle a bit off. Another option is to get them to refund your deposit. Most dealerships would do so. I am reluctant to presume to offer advice, but given the landscape, if it were me, I would jump on the current vehicle arriving and be quite pleased about it.