The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
cnock

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT Stingray Black
Normal Wait time?

I ordered my C7 in the beginning of Nov and its now mid Feb and it hasnt even been accepted by the factory yet is this a normal wait time. Last i talked to him he said i would likely not get it till spring summer. Is 7-9 month wait average at this point? I also ordered it from the 3rd largest corvette dealership in the US does that change things?
cnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
It completely depends on your dealer and when they get allocations and where you are on their list. Many people order from the big dealers and get their cars very quickly because those dealers have a large number of available allocations.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
msm859

Drives: C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnock View Post
I ordered my C7 in the beginning of Nov and its now mid Feb and it hasnt even been accepted by the factory yet is this a normal wait time. Last i talked to him he said i would likely not get it till spring summer. Is 7-9 month wait average at this point? I also ordered it from the 3rd largest corvette dealership in the US does that change things?
I find it hard to believe that you ordered from the 3rd largest corvette dealership and it still has not been accepted. The dealer should have been able to tell you with a good deal of accuracy on day one - how many orders were in front of you and when you should have your order accepted. The only question might be if your order contained options on constraint. I put my order in last Thursday with Les Stanford. Yesterday I was at 3000. This is with Z51 and Fay.
msm859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #4
Track

Drives: Z51 Corvette Convertible
I ordered in July but gave up on my small dealer and went with Chriswell Chevrolet in MD. They advertise themselves as the 3rd largest. I'm not sure who you went with but my Z51 Vert took a little over 2 months. I got it three weeks ago. I recommend going with them. Detroit is not that far away or you could take museum delivery.
Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
msm859

Drives: C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
I ordered in July but gave up on my small dealer and went with Chriswell Chevrolet in MD. They advertise themselves as the 3rd largest. I'm not sure who you went with but my Z51 Vert took a little over 2 months. I got it three weeks ago. I recommend going with them. Detroit is not that far away or you could take museum delivery.
Or he can do a courtesy delivery to a local Chevrolet dealer.
msm859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
cnock

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT Stingray Black
mine was with les stanford and i ordered months ago WTF. it was a z51 3lt perf exh upgrade nav black wheels red calipars
cnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #7
panerainovice

Drives: Silverado
Ordered in mid December, (Z51 package), will be arriving to dealership in a few days.
panerainovice is offline   Reply With Quote