The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 02-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
eiffelpower

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
GM Building 2015 Models?

According to this article, they are saying the current orders placed may be built as a 2015 model. Not sure if this would apply to me?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/10/...-year-sources/

I placed my order for a Red Z51 on Jan 7th and it is only at 1100. Anyone else place their order around this time? The dealer told me my vehicle be produced at the end of June. Not sure how accurate is this?
eiffelpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
markk

Drives: (someday) 2014 C7 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiffelpower View Post
According to this article, they are saying the current orders placed may be built as a 2015 model. Not sure if this would apply to me?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/10/...-year-sources/

I placed my order for a Red Z51 on Jan 7th and it is only at 1100. Anyone else place their order around this time? The dealer told me my vehicle be produced at the end of June. Not sure how accurate is this?
Eiffel, that is a very old article (October 2013). What your dealer is basically telling you is that they expect to have an allocation for your constrained (50% available) build sometime around the end of May (seems that typical time between GM order acceptance AFTER ALLOCATION IS OFFERED is about 4-6 weeks). If you want a 2014, you need to do some research as to whether the dealer can deliver that "promise" to you. I cancelled my first order after waiting for 14 weeks for an allocation with what I saw as no end in sight for this model year and ordered a Z51 from a large dealer. 5 calendar days later, my order was accepted by GM and the car is scheduled for production the week of 3/10. If you are not in a hurry and don't mind the idea of waiting for a 2015 model should your dealer not get the allocation you need, then sit back and relax.
markk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
eiffelpower

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Thanks mark, would you happen to know the rankings of dealers in LA?
eiffelpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
markk

Drives: (someday) 2014 C7 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiffelpower View Post
Thanks mark, would you happen to know the rankings of dealers in LA?
sorry, Eiffel, I don't. I have read that Ken Fitchner (Montana, I believe) has adequate allocations. You can have a courtesy delivery arranged if you can find a local dealer that is qualified and will play nice. Otherwise, you get a nice road trip home.....I'll be driving mine 550 miles or so to bring her home!
markk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
Cinco DT

Drives: 2013 VW CC, 370Z Nismo, Porsche Box
I ordered mine in Jan. 2014 as well. I do not mind if my order get change to 2015 model.
Cinco DT is offline   Reply With Quote