The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #57
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Looks like the Demon put the sky in its place but something needs to be done for the solstice, I wonder are they going to put the srt4 caliber engine(280 hp) in it, I likes, with the current 4-door charger's front end and back it sould have been the 2-door charger anyone agree
we'll the charger was always a midsize muscle car not a 2 seater but i do agree with the charger having only 2 doors, i dont mind the 4 doors to make them more family friendly but i do wish they would have kept it a 2 door. JMHO looks nice though

EDIT:and about the demon i like it as a 2 seat roaster style car but the demon of yester years wasnt.. hmm guess im just stuck on old muscle cars can anyone blame me though

Last edited by COPO_Chevy; 04-26-2008 at 11:21 PM.
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #58
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
A few months ago, Autoblog said the Demon was indeed coming...

...buuuuut....

Front wheel drive, and based on a Chery platform. :(
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #59
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Quote:
Looks like the Demon put the sky in its place but something needs to be done for the solstice,
The Sky and The solstice are essentially the same car, same chassis, same powertrain, just different body panels.

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #60
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Dimensions are irrelevant if you can keep the car at that considerably lower weight. 400lb's lighter than a crossfire is a lot. The 170hp is also the entry level number just like the solstice and sky, if they put the srt-4 engine in, it would run circles around the crossfire. Furthermore, how is it a lack of imagination, thats like saying the g5 is a lack of imagination in comparison to the higher displacement and heavier g6. It is just a step up.
Demon: 2800/280= 10 lbs / hp
Crossfire: 3200/330= 9.7 lbs / hp

The Crossfire SRT6 should be slightly quicker that a Demon SRT4 even if they don't make it wrong wheel drive.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #61
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Quote:
February 12th, 2007
Yep.

Thread merged to the original.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #62
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I like it. It looks like a Sky knock-off, but I do like the Sky.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #63
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Looks like the Demon put the sky in its place but something needs to be done for the solstice, I wonder are they going to put the srt4 caliber engine(280 hp) in it, I likes, with the current 4-door charger's front end and back it sould have been the 2-door charger anyone agree
Being FWD I hardly consider it even in the same class as the Solstice and Sky. There is a 2 door Charger - it is called the Challenger. Other than the body panels pretty much everything -from the awful interior to the unusually thirsty engines and absurdly obese curb weight - is the same between the Charger and Challenger. I don't see how a 2 seat FWD roadster could in any way be considered a 2 door Charger.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Being FWD I hardly consider it even in the same class as the Solstice and Sky. There is a 2 door Charger - it is called the Challenger. Other than the body panels pretty much everything -from the awful interior to the unusually thirsty engines and absurdly obese curb weight - is the same between the Charger and Challenger. I don't see how a 2 seat FWD roadster could in any way be considered a 2 door Charger.
"It should have been the 2-door Charger."

I don't think it should have, though, Muscle Master: This little guy is a roadster. Not quite the Charger Material, imo.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #65
COPO_Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"It should have been the 2-door Charger."

I don't think it should have, though, Muscle Master: This little guy is a roadster. Not quite the Charger Material, imo.
+1 charger is a midsize muscle car with..well ok was 2 door..now 4 door..but ..not a 2 door roadster (which..neither was the demon little history lesson..man i love muscle car history dont u )
Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #66
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO_Chevy View Post
+1 charger is a midsize muscle car with..well ok was 2 door..now 4 door..but ..not a 2 door roadster (which..neither was the demon little history lesson..man i love muscle car history dont u )

Relying on history to guide your future puts innovation at a standstill.

Wow...that came out way deeper than I intended lol.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #67
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I agree with the statements against the current Charger. It should be a front wheel drive hatchback with a 4 banger like it was in the 80's . . . the current one is has a big V8, rear drive beast which is nothing like the Chargers from 25 years ago. What an awful thing Dodge did to the name
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #68
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Relying on history to guide your future puts innovation at a standstill.

Wow...that came out way deeper than I intended lol.
You can't ignore heritage. Innovation should build on your history, not ignore it. Where would Disney be if they ditched Mickey Mouse, the princesses, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, etc? What if they just bulldozed all of Disneyland and built a new thrill park just for the sake of innovation? DCA is a great example of what happens when a company with a great heritage doesn't live up to it. History and innovation must go hand in hand.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #69
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You can't ignore heritage. Innovation should build on your history, not ignore it. Where would Disney be if they ditched Mickey Mouse, the princesses, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, etc? What if they just bulldozed all of Disneyland and built a new thrill park just for the sake of innovation? DCA is a great example of what happens when a company with a great heritage doesn't live up to it. History and innovation must go hand in hand.
I didn't really mean it to the extent and you point is valid and well taken. I just mean it shouldn't be your sole guide. Thats what I think makes the Camaro great. Dodge basically rebuilt the challenger with modern materials. Chevy took the Camaro and made it past, present, and future
Old 04-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #70
COPO_Chevy

Quote:
I didn't really mean it to the extent and you point is valid and well taken. I just mean it shouldn't be your sole guide. Thats what I think makes the Camaro great. Dodge basically rebuilt the challenger with modern materials. Chevy took the Camaro and made it past, present, and future
I couldnt agree more with u, im just saying history should be influenced atleast alittle to make the demon, and other cars, a shadow of its formal self in a way..making certain features stand out and make u think of the original but yet its new, fresh and futuristic. i like the concept but maybe call it sumthing else..it doesnt really follow the heritage of yester year's demon, JMHO.. call me a muscle car freak just what i think.