Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #15
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
so it makes the car in both modes equally quicker?
Eh, if you want to use that terminology, sure. Your engine tune doesn't have much to do with your transmission tune, aside from torque reporting.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankmaster View Post
I have consistently gotten engine warning lights for cats and fuel banks being too lean. These are in the PCM and I am unable to clear the codes. I am going for a dyno tune in hopes to clear the codes and get a little more performance. I did see a little improvement in the low end with the diablo tune but not too much.
LOL... you just need the codes turned off by your tuner or get a custom tune for your Diablo. All LT headers will throw those codes... It's not Diablos fault.

Quote:
so it makes the car in both modes equally quicker?
PCM tune has nothing to do with D or M modes... The Diablo 93 tune will run much better, but I doubt you will notice it being quicker. Tune some Torque Management our of your D & M modes in the TCM and you will definitely notice it in the seat of your pants.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
PCM tune has nothing to do with D or M modes... The Diablo 93 tune will run much better, but I doubt you will notice it being quicker. Tune some Torque Management our of your D & M modes in the TCM and you will definitely notice it in the seat of your pants.
Sorry but im kind of new at this///How do you tune some torque management out of them? can you just use the predator?
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Sorry but im kind of new at this///How do you tune some torque management out of them? can you just use the predator?
The Predator does not have the capability YET to tune the transmission (TCM) so you will have to leave the TM alone.

Other handhelds like SCT will tune both your engine (PCM) and Transmission (TCM). Torque management in the transmission is what makes your car shift slow. Reducing the amount of TM really wakes these cars up and you will have some nice firm shifts. It's simply a percentage of TM that you remove to make your car shift better,,, the more you remove the harder and firmer it shifts...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #19
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Other handhelds like SCT will tune both your engine (PCM) and Transmission (TCM). Torque management in the transmission is what makes your car shift slow. Reducing the amount of TM really wakes these cars up and you will have some nice firm shifts. It's simply a percentage of TM that you remove to make your car shift better,,, the more you remove the harder and firmer it shifts...
I wouldn't blame torque management for slow shifts. Desired shift times and pressure play a role in it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
I wouldn't blame torque management for slow shifts. Desired shift times and pressure play a role in it.
Yeah....no need to get technical for this one ... I'm just trying to simplify things for the question asked.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
I got the predator two days ago. Worth the $$ - Wow what a difference!
I have Shorties and GMPP off road exhaust - No CAI
It pulls hard and the throttle response is awesome

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #22
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
excellent man!!! congrats!!!

enjoy!!!
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Get a hold of 06MonteSS "Lew" to hook U up with a custom tune! Worth that wait for it to be dialed in
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Quote:
when you install the DS tune on the camaro, does the stock tune save onto the predator so you could simply load it if you wanted to go in and have warrenty work done? Also you dont have to purchase the PC interface kit in order to plug it into your car correct?

i am curious about this as well. If i use the diablo then want to return to stock and have warranty work done, will they know i had used the diablo handheld?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #25
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
no....

and no need to buy the pc interface kit to install the canned preset tune to your car...

BUT, you DO need it for the predator in order to be able to connect it to your pc so you can download saved/recorded data logs, and import/export tune files when you want to get a custom tune for your car...

the Trinity comes with a single usb cable that you use to connect to your PC, and it also gets its power from that same usb cable... so no need to buy anything extra if you buy the Trinity...
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #26
DSteck
Account Suspended

So has DiabloSport proven that they can cheat the flash counter?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
I'm going to have the NPP dual mode exhaust - CAI intake and APEX scoop on my SS 1le - Will the diablo add to this set up?

Thanks!

-Drew
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote