Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
Stainless Works Would be Glad to help with any issues that arise.

When a issue comes about there are a few things that need to be checked first before a total replacement of the product. You have to understand that not everyone is a skilled mechanic and not every car is different. We have to jump through a couple hoops to figure out exactly what is wrong. IF IT IS THE PRODUCT, WE SWAP IT OUT!

After speaking with Nutro i did tell him to check the hangers and try to see if he could bend them to make the tips level. The hangers are really easy to bend and this would keep him from having to send the exhaust back. Even though the box was fine, that doesn't mean the material on the inside didn't shift and pressure the hangers to bend. Anything can happen in transit; we've seen it all!

NUTRO- GET BACK TO ME!
Checking to see if you can bend the hangers to align the tips was only the first step. I never heard back from you and assumed you had it fixed up (very few people tell me when they have it fixed).

Thanks Chris
Chris@Stainlessworks.net
800-878-3635
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
Stainless Works Would be Glad to help with any issues that arise.

When a issue comes about there are a few things that need to be checked first before a total replacement of the product. You have to understand that not everyone is a skilled mechanic and not every car is absolutely the same. We have to jump through a couple hoops to figure out exactly what is wrong. IF IT IS THE PRODUCT, WE SWAP IT OUT!

After speaking with Nutro i did tell him to check the hangers and try to see if he could bend them to make the tips level. The hangers are really easy to bend and this would keep him from having to send the exhaust back. Even though the box was fine, that doesn't mean the material on the inside didn't shift and pressure the hangers to bend. Anything can happen in transit; we've seen it all!

NUTRO- GET BACK TO ME!
Checking to see if you can bend the hangers to align the tips was only the first step. I never heard back from you and assumed you had it fixed up (very few people tell me when they have it fixed).

Thanks Chris
Chris@Stainlessworks.net
800-878-3635
Thats great customer service!

I just installed SW headers and cats. Amazing all around.

Hope you get your issue fixed
Old 09-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #31
RobertDavis

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I put a Stainless Works cat-back on my 2013 ZL1; I didn't time myself but I don't thing I spent much over an hour to remove the original system and install the SSW. I did it on a lift so maybe that had something to do with it, but everything fit great. I had to adjust the quad outlets some but it went on great.
RobertDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #32
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Chris at SW is a great guy to work with as he helped me when I swapped out the retro exhaust for the turbo exhaust. Very happy with SW.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #33
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I have the same SW ZL1 retro on mine. hangers had to be adjusted a bit. Remember these were designed around the ZL1 diff, which is a bit beefer than the SS diff.. I get many compliments on this system. A member of our club was going for SW too and changed his mind to save $$ going with another cheaper system. He now regrets his decision.
PFADT stage 3 suspension kit, SW LTH, SW cat less retro exhaust, MGW short throw, 3.91 gears, MRR Z28 wheels, Roto Fab CAI, SLP underpully, 255cc ported heads, TSP 229/236 Cam, ZL1 pump, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, ID850 injectors, Snow Stage III Meth kit
480whp/460wtq tuned by Dynosty
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #34
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
I will be another person on the Stainless Works bandwagon. Installed a 3" Retro Catback as one of my first mods to just give the car a little better sound. Installed it on jacks in my driveway. Was so happy with the product (shipping, packaging, overall quality) that I went ahead and ordered a set of their 1 7/8" longtime headers/catless/performance connection to go with the exhaust I had ordered before. I am extremely happy with their quick shipping and great customer service. Can't wait to get these headers on the car!!
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote