Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #99
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Our 2016 and newer 6.2 Camaros and Zl1s are faster than about 95 percent of the stock or near stock cars on the road currently.

Yeah that's why I specifically mentioned the SS in my post. The SS and ZL1 are in two completely different performance categories. Someone may only consider the ZL1 (or C8 Corvette) hi performance. It's all personal definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
And let's be honest here, do we want Camaro to have the same reputation as Mustang, AKA crowd killer? Because that's what happens when someone who doesn't know how to handle the power gets ahold of a powerful car. They might be better served with a 2.0T/V6.

As for hot hatches, I would lean more towards Veloster N. Type R(ice) looks ridiculous and the way some Honda dealers treat them is pretty disgusting IMO. I guess it is the best Honda(not counting Acura here) has to offer nowadays, but still, it's a Civic. A special Civic, but a Civic. It's not that special.

Alternatively, I could grab a used Fiesta ST. My friend picked up one and I have to say, it's a very fun car. Not insanely fast(but the 1.6 Ecoboost still has enough pep to keep you entertained) and yeah, it's a Ford, but small cars like that has its charms. It's decently practical, too.

Sent from toaster or something

Yeah the Civic Type R is a mess of styling. The worst is the rear spoiler. Jesus that thing is ugly. They really need to add a spoiler delete option or offer an alternate one.

I'm not married to any particular manufacturer or model, so I could see myself getting into something similar to a Civic Type R when I'm done with my current car. Hyundai has the Elantra N coming next year, which should offer similar performance to the Veloster N. Won't be a hot hatch, but it will at least carry 4 adults more comfortably and be a hoot on backroads and the track. Can't wait to see more of it.

If GM every produces a 7th gen Camaro, I hope they go back to the hatch design of the 3rd (and 4th) gen. Hell, I'd love a retro styling based on 3rd gen. The Corvette no longer has a hatch so the Camaro should carry the torch! Give it slightly more backseat legroom (like an inch or two) and most of my complaints about the current car would be solved.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #100
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Yeah that's why I specifically mentioned the SS in my post. The SS and ZL1 are in two completely different performance categories. Someone may only consider the ZL1 (or C8 Corvette) hi performance. It's all personal definition.

Yeah the Civic Type R is a mess of styling. The worst is the rear spoiler. Jesus that thing is ugly. They really need to add a spoiler delete option or offer an alternate one.

I'm not married to any particular manufacturer or model, so I could see myself getting into something similar to a Civic Type R when I'm done with my current car. Hyundai has the Elantra N coming next year, which should offer similar performance to the Veloster N. Won't be a hot hatch, but it will at least carry 4 adults more comfortably and be a hoot on backroads and the track. Can't wait to see more of it.

If GM every produces a 7th gen Camaro, I hope they go back to the hatch design of the 3rd (and 4th) gen. Hell, I'd love a retro styling based on 3rd gen. The Corvette no longer has a hatch so the Camaro should carry the torch! Give it slightly more backseat legroom (like an inch or two) and most of my complaints about the current car would be solved.
Definitely see it as a possible, The 5th generation has many 1st generation design cues, while the 6th generation has a few subtle 2nd generation design cues (circular tail lights, 2019s bumper akin to the 70s split bumper).

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #101
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post

They have spoiler delete option for the CTR in some other markets, supposedly. Just not in North America, for some reason.

And yeah, hatch design was really nice to have on the C7. As for the backseat room, the Mustang I sat in has a "pit" in the back of the front seats to give rear passengers more legroom. Just small things like that could go a long way for rear legroom.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:26 PM   #102
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
I love the terrible field of vision when driving my Camaro.

I can't see the haters.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote