The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
BlueVette
BlueVette

Drives: Laguna Blue Z51
Took Z51 to Performance Driving School

I've been lurking here for a while to test the tone of the forum before posting....I've found some corvette forums to be downright rude to each other, but this one is much different, and people are actually friendly and helpful . Special thanks to Glen e for answering my husband's questions about installing the curb alert and to Z51 Stingray for the Jake stinger stripe a while back. I promised Z51 Stingray I would post pics after we installed the stripe...Sorry I'm just now getting around to it.

These pics were taken the day before we took it to the track for a performance driving school in Bryan this weekend. It needed a wash, but it sure needed one after this weekend!...Wow, the brake dust! Hubby had a blast and the instructor was very impressed with how a C7 Z51 with stock tires performed. Hubby held his own with a couple of C6 Z06s.
Attached Images

BlueVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:02 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Beautiful LB Z51! Way to enjoy it where you can really appreciate its abilities!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
SantaRay

Drives: 2015's Conv. Z06 3LZ, & Z51, 3LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVette View Post
Special thanks to Glen e for answering my husband's questions about installing the curb alert and to Z51 Stingray for the Jake stinger stripe a while back. I promised Z51 Stingray I would post pics after we installed the stripe...Sorry I'm just now getting around to it.

Awesome Picture. Love the Jake Stinger! Since I and others may have missed Glen e's post, where did you purchase the Stinger? It really is cool.

Thanks,

SantaRay
SantaRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Good looking ride........you know we arrest STALKERS! LOL.......glad you spoke up and joined the forums....it gets a lil dead sometimes but everyone is real nice here...its the only one I talk on......
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Gorgeous!!!!

to C7...!!!

Lot's of Info...
&
Great People!!!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVette View Post
I've been lurking here for a while to test the tone of the forum before posting....I've found some corvette forums to be downright rude to each other, but this one is much different, and people are actually friendly and helpful . Special thanks to Glen e for answering my husband's questions about installing the curb alert and to Z51 Stingray for the Jake stinger stripe a while back. I promised Z51 Stingray I would post pics after we installed the stripe...Sorry I'm just now getting around to it.

These pics were taken the day before we took it to the track for a performance driving school in Bryan this weekend. It needed a wash, but it sure needed one after this weekend!...Wow, the brake dust! Hubby had a blast and the instructor was very impressed with how a C7 Z51 with stock tires performed. Hubby held his own with a couple of C6 Z06s.
Glad you guys love the Jake Stinger Stripe!

Wish my car wouldn't have come with the factory Stinger. or I wouldn't have sold it to y'all.

One of these days we'll be taking our Z51 to performance driving school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaRay View Post
Awesome Picture. Love the Jake Stinger! Since I and others may have missed Glen e's post, where did you purchase the Stinger? It really is cool.

Thanks,

SantaRay
They purchased the Jake Stripe from me. I purchased it from APEX Motorsports.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
BlueVette
BlueVette

Quote:
One of these days we'll be taking our Z51 to performance driving school.
When you do go, but be sure to use painter's tape over the headlights and mirrors for protection. We learned this little trick while there. This month my husband drove, so he could get moved up from green to blue. Then next month, we can both drive since we'll be in different classes.

Everyone kept coming up and asking if it had any modifications because it did so well. When my husband ran with the blue group in the last run of the day, the oil did begin to warm up, so he backed off just to be safe. The instructor mentioned another synthetic oil that might help it stay cooler. It was still 90+ degrees here in Texas, so hopefully next month, it won't be a problem with both of us driving. I won't be going that fast, lol!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Congratulations on joining and your beautiful new ride. You have excellent taste is color I might add. I hope to get our 2015 to an HPDE some time soon. Thanks Becky! We are slowing building up miles. I am finding out that everyone wants to drive the new car !!!
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
Sharp looking Stingray and welcome to this Forum.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
BlueVette
BlueVette

OldJedi, That pic with the little girl "driving" is precious! I love your black wheels, spoiler, and mirrors. We bought ours off the lot, but if I had ordered, that's the way I would have ordered mine. I plan on having my wheels painted soon.