The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #1
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Ford dealership tech caught joyriding in customers truck

So this just happened today, to my friend and next door neighbor.
He took his Ford Superduty in for service at BigStar Ford. He had the Fordpass app, noticed his truck was not at the dealership so he tracked it and found his truck parked at a private residence for the better part of an hour.
Has pics and everything backing it up.

https://www.google.com/search?client...e6b7ac641ef7,1,,,

Sort by newest and check for yourself.

If you go to the review.. please like it.

This pisses me off to no end because I had something similar happen to me with my first new truck over 20 years ago.. except the dealer took it offroad and scratched it headlight to taillight on both sides when it was in their care. But their were no smart phones and social media back then like there is now.

Thanks

Last edited by Expunge; 02-04-2021 at 06:42 PM.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
As a diehard GM guy, I can say with 100% certainty that ignorant people do not discriminate by vehicle manufacturer. This has absolutely nothing to do with Ford. I understand that you are upset, but please use logic instead of emotion. It is always best.

For example, my cousin bought an '02 WS6 Trans Am (brand new) back in the day. He dropped it off for an oil change and when he came back, it had over 100 miles put on the odometer and burnt rubber underneath the wheel wells. Needless to say, my cousin lost his mind. The tech was fired, his oil change was free and he received free service for a number of years because of the incident.

Again, think logically. Imbeciles work for all different types of companies. It is not just this particular person at a Ford dealer.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
It has to do with the dealership.. I agree.

Flip it and say you take your Vette to a dealership and they say it will be a day or two and you see it doing burnouts at a stop light. You would not be just a bit torqued.

Yeah it irritates me.. should irritate everyone else.. when your expensive vehicle is entrusted to a dealership and they have a tech out there joy riding in it. F' that

What would you think the proper reaction should be from the dealership?
The tech should be FIRED.. that is a given.

But what else.. nothing insane like paying off the truck. Maybe an extended warranty or something.

You know what the dealership did.. none of those things. Not even a simple sorry.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
HughJass
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy Camaro, Dodge Viper
Are you really, "joy riding" in a Ford?...
HughJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #5
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
Are you really, "joy riding" in a Ford?...
BWWWWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHHHAAAHAHAH!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #6
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
So this just happened today, to my friend and next door neighbor.
He took his Ford Superduty in for service at BigStar Ford. He had the Fordpass app, noticed his truck was not at the dealership so he tracked it and found his truck parked at a private residence for the better part of an hour.
Has pics and everything backing it up.

https://www.google.com/search?client...e6b7ac641ef7,1,,,

Sort by newest and check for yourself.

If you go to the review.. please like it.

This pisses me off to no end because I had something similar happen to me with my first new truck over 20 years ago.. except the dealer took it offroad and scratched it headlight to taillight on both sides when it was in their care. But their were no smart phones and social media back then like there is now.

Thanks
Hell, I did you one better. I "like" all of the 5 star reviews.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I guess I need some more info. What was he getting serviced on the truck? Was he getting regular maintenance done, or was he having an issue with the truck that he needed them to diagnose and fix?

If he was having regular maintenance done, then yeah, I could see being a little annoyed that the vehicle left the dealership premises.

But if he came in saying something was making a weird noise or whatever, exactly how do you expect the techs to diagnose the problem? Not everything can be diagnosed by simply plugging the vehicle into a computer.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #8
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I guess I need some more info. What was he getting serviced on the truck? Was he getting regular maintenance done, or was he having an issue with the truck that he needed them to diagnose and fix?

If he was having regular maintenance done, then yeah, I could see being a little annoyed that the vehicle left the dealership premises.

But if he came in saying something was making a weird noise or whatever, exactly how do you expect the techs to diagnose the problem? Not everything can be diagnosed by simply plugging the vehicle into a computer.
The OP says that the truck was tracked to a private residence and was parked there for almost an hour. Unless the tech's mistress (purely speculation ) is well versed in Ford diagnostics, why drive the vehicle around town and stop off at a private residence for such a long period of time? It seems odd and IMHO, it appears that the tech decided to run personal errands in this man's vehicle.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #9
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
As a diehard GM guy, I can say with 100% certainty that ignorant people do not discriminate by vehicle manufacturer. This has absolutely nothing to do with Ford. I understand that you are upset, but please use logic instead of emotion. It is always best.

For example, my cousin bought an '02 WS6 Trans Am (brand new) back in the day. He dropped it off for an oil change and when he came back, it had over 100 miles put on the odometer and burnt rubber underneath the wheel wells. Needless to say, my cousin lost his mind. The tech was fired, his oil change was free and he received free service for a number of years because of the incident.

Again, think logically. Imbeciles work for all different types of companies. It is not just this particular person at a Ford dealer.
That’s some Ferris Bueller level joy riding right there.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #10
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Well there is no excuse for this, so heads need to roll that were behind the joyriding. The customer pays with his or her's hard earned cash, and some knucklehead gets in there joyriding the freak out of it, causing more damage and liability.

On the other hand, it is the dealership's responsibility in not only ensuring that the customer's property will be protected, but also that they maintain a happy workforce and encourage them to patronize their products. I'm sure that the employees get a discount for purchasing a car, but the dealership should do a little more to promote business within their organization. Perhaps the dealership can sponsor special sales of used or traded vehicles, or special incentives for workers with high productivity. So, to sum up, the dealership needs to be more pro-active in monitoring their employee's behavior.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #11
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
yeah, no.Name:  ferris bueller joy ride.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  84.1 KB

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #12
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I do most of my own work on my vehicles. If it has to go in for a recall I have no problem with that. When I drop it off my camera is with me. I have the manager come out and I take pics of the vehicle. The pics have the year,month,day and time the pic was taken. Especially the mileage. I have been turned down from the dealer he don't want to do the work. I just call General Motors problem fixed.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #13
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
When I worked for Ford the service advisors used to always ask people for extended test drives for their problems. Then we would take the cars home every night and use them as personal cars. I saved a lot of mileage and gas in my cars lol.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #14
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The OP says that the truck was tracked to a private residence and was parked there for almost an hour. Unless the tech's mistress (purely speculation ) is well versed in Ford diagnostics, why drive the vehicle around town and stop off at a private residence for such a long period of time? It seems odd and IMHO, it appears that the tech decided to run personal errands in this man's vehicle.
What if the guy told the dealership, "My truck makes a weird noise when starting, but not on a cold start and not on a warm start, just when it's been sitting for 45-90 minutes."

I'm not saying the behavior isn't strange, but there's lots of information we don't have based on what's been posted so far.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote