Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #43
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
In the Silverado the charging pad is huge and works great. It's kind of a bummer that there wasn't a better way to implement this in the Camaro. Though space is certainly pretty tight.
Yeah. I remember my Silverado had a foot wide console. They could put a decent size ANYTHING on or in that console.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:26 PM   #44
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
I'm guessing great idea, poor implementation.

Which is typical for GM.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #45
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
There are many reasons 'on earth' to have a wireless charging pad:
1. to charge wirelessly
2. to use in case you do not have a cable
3. to use if the wired option is unavailable
4. to have for passengers
5. to be used as a tray
6. because why not? if you need more storage put it in the backseat

I love my charging pad. Fits my iPhone 6 perfectly (almost made for it like Apple CarPlay). Plus whoever needs a phone that is larger than an iPhone 6 should just get a tablet or a vision check.

Most of the time I keep my phone in my pocket and play music off Bluetooth to my Bose Audio system. The other day I was down to approximately 14% so I put it on the wireless charging pad. I drove around for approximately an hour while playing music and ended up with a 20% charge.

Another great feature of the 2016 Camaro.

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #46
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
I love my charging pad. Fits my iPhone 6 perfectly (almost made for it like Apple CarPlay). Plus whoever needs a phone that is larger than an iPhone 6 should just get a tablet or a vision check.
I hate that I have to buy a phone with a 5"+ screen just to get the latest camera, OS and features... while we're on phones, why would you want a thinner phone at the expense of battery life?!?!?!?
Old 09-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #47
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Yes the 80's and 90's come to mind since I grew up then. Graduated in 93. lol

But you misunderstand what I mean in general. Yes, the gauges break. What I mean is that mechanical/electrical gauges look right in musclecar/sports cars. Even if they are old tech. They have a timeless look and feel IMHO. Can't say the same about most of the digital stuff that has rolled out in cars in our lifetime.
Lol, yea I had a '85 Nissan 200SX with the "digital dash", utter crap by the time I got it. Speedo would work intermittently, tach not at all. Judging speed in that thing was fun lol.

Ah I did misunderstand. My apologies. I see where you are coming from. IMO it's not something I really care about for this car. Have you seen the Challenger's gauges and displays? I think that would be more up your alley. Even the digital ones are modeled in a retro theme. I would have loved it if the speedo/tach font was more retro or at least more stylized in the 6th gen. The font is really plain to me.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #48
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
1. to charge wirelessly
5. to be used as a tray

Most of the time I keep my phone in my pocket and play music off Bluetooth to my Bose Audio system. The other day I was down to approximately 14% so I put it on the wireless charging pad. I drove around for approximately an hour while playing music and ended up with a 20% charge.

You're an idiot and I refuse to respond to you after that single sentence.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #49
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
What you are forgetting these cars were designed over 5 years ago so they took a shot at something that went the other way, that's why Car electronics are always at least 3 years behind. Phone's 5 years ago were tiny compared to today, and wireless charging was just beginning, they did not know it would fade away. My Link has always been behind the tech curve, Euro cars do a much better job in this department. Then again go to many European cities and they are much more advanced than us.
This car wasn't designed 5 years ago. Design of the exterior, maybe was started.. But not the car.

And ditching a wireless charging pad doesnt seem that difficult. It's a piece of plastic thrown on the car before going out the door. Not a rewiring of the dash cluster.

It's a half assed job, that smells of "we got a good deal". I thought it was because they had insider knowledge of upcoming iphones and the likes, but EVEN then, they would have made it compatible with something bigger given the fact that millions of people use bigger phones. Poor design, poor delivery.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #50
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
You're an idiot and I refuse to respond to you after that single sentence.
ironic as that is considered a response. also you just broke a forum rule

I LOVE APPLE CARPLAY, THE WIRELESS CHARGING PAD, AND MY IPHONE

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #51
Hyper16

Quote:
1. to charge wirelessly
5. to be used as a tray

I have to call bs on that one. iPhones are not capable of using the charging pad.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #52
oktex88

Drives: Shopping
I was hoping the new iPhone 7 would have wireless charging so that I could actually use the charging pad.

Anyone have a iPhone 6 with a wireless charging case that fits in the charging pad? If so, which brand of case is it?
oktex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #53
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktex88 View Post
I was hoping the new iPhone 7 would have wireless charging so that I could actually use the charging pad.

Anyone have a iPhone 6 with a wireless charging case that fits in the charging pad? If so, which brand of case is it?
The cases I've seen were too big for the charging pad.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #54
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehead2000 View Post
It's a gimmick. They should remove it from the future refresh. It's the only practical place to put my sunglasses though.
Damn I thought I was the only one to do this
Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #55
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Quote:
1. to charge wirelessly
5. to be used as a tray

So dumb I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #56
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
I don't even know if my phone has wireless charging ??

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote