Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #127
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
What car comes from the factory with Blizzaks? Name one.

P-Zeros rock! They're the best. I am conforming.

So they're only bad tires if their used as OE?

As for Pzero's on F150's, got a link to that? I couldn't find anything about it. Seems strange to put a high performance car tire on a pickup truck, I'll agree with ya there, not sure tiny sidewall height would be good for payload and towing capacity either.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #128
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
So they're only bad tires if their used as OE?
That's not the point. People pretty much drive off the lot with OEM tires. Auto makers have a choice of what tire to use as OEM. Pirelli obviously goes after that market.. Blizzaks are only installed by choice, after someone has decided they need a snow tire - So it's a totally different situation.... And I never said they were better than P-Zeros. You brought them up to cloud the issue.

Quote:
As for Pzero's on F150's, got a link to that? I couldn't find anything about it. Seems strange to put a high performance car tire on a pickup truck, I'll agree with ya there, not sure tiny sidewall height would be good for payload and towing capacity either.
Nope. I don't need a link... I owned a 2012 Ford F150 FX4 4x4 pickup. I bought it new. Sticker was $52K... It came new with P-Zeros.

Perhaps they really aren't "high performance car tires"? .. Maybe they're just cheap? Maybe that's why the SS has a speed limiter because of the P-Zeros. Maybe "performance" got put aside to save several million bucks??

.. and maybe not. The P-Zeros are wonderful tires. Everyone buys them when they need new tires.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #129
Chevy_cowboy

Fords 2012 brochure says FX4's had all season or all terrain tires on it. I think you're probably confusing scorpions with Pzeros http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...stalCode=43566

And the speed limiter on the SS has nothing to do with the tires (that are rated for 186mph) its because of aerodynamics. In stock trim and ride height, the SS loses most of its downforce at 155mph and becomes rather floaty. The tires would be fine well above that but they might not be on the ground anymore.

And if you think Pirelli's are cheap tires, you really haven't priced them or compared them to actual cheap tires.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #130
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Fords 2012 brochure says FX4's had all season or all terrain tires on it. I think you're probably confusing scorpions with Pzeros http://www.ford.com/services/assets/...stalCode=43566

And the speed limiter on the SS has nothing to do with the tires (that are rated for 186mph) its because of aerodynamics. In stock trim and ride height, the SS loses most of its downforce at 155mph and becomes rather floaty. The tires would be fine well above that but they might not be on the ground anymore.

And if you think Pirelli's are cheap tires, you really haven't priced them or compared them to actual cheap tires.
I'm not confusing anything. The 2012 FX4 came from the factory with P-Zeros. The cheaper models got Scorpions. I owned one. And I refuse to jump through hoops and go link hunting for you. If you don't believe it, I don't care.

It's funny...
Just about everyone replaces the OEM air cleaner with a CAI.
Just about everyone replaces the exhaust with aftermarket
There are a zillion "approved" mods.. mainly because the aftermarket offers a better product.

But in the thread where someone crashed..... (several threads actually)...

....Don't dare even mention that the OEM P-Zeros may have contributed to hydroplaning. It had to have been driver error, (especially since the driver was a women!). I love my Camaro. I once thought the P-Zeros were decent - until I upgraded. Chevy Fanboys. I need to re-educate.

Anyways, good night! ... P-Zeros are the best. I am learning.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #131
Chevy_cowboy

Old 04-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #132
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
No truck came with Pzeros...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #133
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Quote:
from the factory?

I thought you had to add RS to get the bigger wheels and tires on a V6
The 2012 LT Non RS that I used to own came from the factory with Pzeros, on the 19 inch polished alloy wheels where ever it was started that they were only on SS or RS models I don't know but it is incorrect information.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #134
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb66 View Post
The 2012 LT Non RS that I used to own came from the factory with Pzeros, on the 19 inch polished alloy wheels where ever it was started that they were only on SS models I don't know but it is incorrect information.

oh I see, I knew you had to go RS to get the 20" wheels, I thought the 19's had all season tires. Guess I was wrong.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:54 PM   #135
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
oh I see, I knew you had to go RS to get the 20" wheels, I thought the 19's had all season tires. Guess I was wrong.
You aren't wrong, the 19' P-Zero's are different ... Just as the 19" P-Zero's on the Z/28 ...
Old 04-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #136
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You aren't wrong, the 19' P-Zero's are different ... Just as the 19" P-Zero's on the Z/28 ...
ah ok, are they Nero's or something?

Tags
crash, crashed, hydroplane, roll over