Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
TimmyTurner

Drives: Matte Black 2016 Camaro SS
Calling All Experts...need advice, modding 2016 Camaro SS

Gents,

So first off, I'm not rich but I have been saving to do some modifications to my camaro. I have about 13-15k I can spend, however, if I can spend less that would be best. But honestly, just trying to get this puppy as fast as possible while remaining stable and daily drivable.

Please, looking for everyone's input.

-Timmy Turner
TimmyTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
A supercharger is all you really need if you just want a fast daily driver. No need for headers or an intake unless you plan on going to the track. You will need better tires and some BMR suspension parts would be smart as well.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
First off, search is your friend as there have been multiple posts about upping the HP on the 6th Gen. Lots of good info out there already available.

However, the tried and true method is some sort of forced induction along with the necessary extras to put the power to the pavement. Supercharger or Turbo and then maybe better/bigger tires or drag radials. A good FI setup will set you back about half of your budget

But - if you've got that much coin to spend, why not upgrade to a new ZL1? Yes, it will be a little more but then you have the whole enchilada and will be in a whole new ballpark!

Good luck either way!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
If it's just street stuff you can slap on a supercharger and call it a day. If you may be doing some tracking then suspension components as well to help you carve those turns out.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
I hought going full bolt ons and a cam were more reliable than forced induction...? I'm not expert, but can anyone shed some light on the pros and cons?
Old 05-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #6
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Define fast? Fast straight line? Fast road course? Fast autocross? Fast stopping?

The car can be completely tailored to how you want to go fast. But, you need a goal to begin with, before you start throwing money at it.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Define fast? Fast straight line? Fast road course? Fast autocross? Fast stopping?

The car can be completely tailored to how you want to go fast. But, you need a goal to begin with, before you start throwing money at it.
Ditto!
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #8
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post

Thank you for your reply and to your point I'm posting here and polling other people with more knowledge and doing independent research before I throw money at it. :-)

I think im wanting something fast straightline. It's stops rather quickly with the brembos. So I guess the goal would be straightline.

I see several people suggested Supercharger / Turbo. Are there any suggested modifications to go along with SC or Turbo?

Once again thank you gentlemen. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by TimmyTurner; 05-12-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
TimmyTurner

I also would like some Virginia peeps to pipe in. We (Virginians) have some crazy laws! :-)
Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #10
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTurner View Post
Thank you for your reply and to your point I'm posting here and polling other people with more knowledge and doing independent research before I throw money at it. :-)

I think im wanting something fast straightline. It's stops rather quickly with the brembos. So I guess the goal would be straightline.

I see several people suggested Supercharger / Turbo. Are there any suggested modifications to go along with SC or Turbo?

Once again thank you gentlemen. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Your standard bolt ons would compliment a FI setup such as headers and intake. Just expect more gains on top of what's reported.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Your standard bolt ons would compliment a FI setup such as headers and intake. Just expect more gains on top of what's reported.
Ty sir!

I have looked around a lot and a lot of what people are saying is matching up with what I researched. So that is a relief :-)
Old 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Timmy - I'm on the FI bandwagon. Will allow you to keep smog (if required in your county - as it is in mine) and is likely going to give you way more power than you need. I see you live in NOVA as well - so unless you travel out of VA - you won't use any of that HP - while stuck on 95.....

Just kidding of course, having just spent 2 hours to 43 miles.....

My plan is a Maggie sometime later this year. Good luck!
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #13
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
Timmy - I'm on the FI bandwagon. Will allow you to keep smog (if required in your county - as it is in mine) and is likely going to give you way more power than you need. I see you live in NOVA as well - so unless you travel out of VA - you won't use any of that HP - while stuck on 95.....

Just kidding of course, having just spent 2 hours to 43 miles.....

My plan is a Maggie sometime later this year. Good luck!
Yes! Someone understands!

I live in South Riding and I commute almost to Baltimore. Ugh.

Hey not to Jack my own thread...but do you go to cars and coffee @ Dulles on Sunday 7am? We have a pretty decent camaro showing. Trying to grow the camaro crowd, the mustang guys are growing like herpes.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #14
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I think the most bang for your buck would be to mount a solid rocket booster to the roof and call it a day. You're welcome. /thread.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote