The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
New wheels for my C7

I always liked the twin spoke wheels of the Z51 however I went with the base suspension because I wanted the smoother ride. In looking at the West Coast Corvette website, I saw aftermarket chrome Z51 style wheels in the 18/19 size that the base suspension has.
Has anyone had any experience with these aftermarket wheels and their quality? I would hate to spend over $1000 and then have the chrome flake off or start rusting after a year.
Also does anyone know if there is a market for my original wheels which are the base painted silver although in perfect condition?
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
C2367

Drives: C7 ZF1, 1LT,NPP, A8 Shark Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
I always liked the twin spoke wheels of the Z51 however I went with the base suspension because I wanted the smoother ride. In looking at the West Coast Corvette website, I saw aftermarket chrome Z51 style wheels in the 18/19 size that the base suspension has.
Has anyone had any experience with these aftermarket wheels and their quality? I would hate to spend over $1000 and then have the chrome flake off or start rusting after a year.
Also does anyone know if there is a market for my original wheels which are the base painted silver although in perfect condition?
You would need to buy new tires 19" & 20" to fit Z51 Wheels, that's why I went with the ZF1.
C2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
Binko, if the aftermarket wheels in the Z51 style are the 18/19" diameters you now have on your Corvette you won't need new tires. I've had after market chrome wheels that held up well with care. Chrome polish and sealants allowed a set to look like new the day I sold them on my car to a friend.They were 14 years old. If the brand has a good reputation go for it and enjoy the eye candy. I love the twin spokes.