Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
mjmenke

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I just had a discussion with a guy who has been building engines and tuning cars for over 15 years.

He agrees that my numbers are a little high.

His opinion is the correction factor is wrong. Such as they don't have a weather station or if they do it isn't calibrated correctly. The dyno he uses has a real time weather station that can change the correction factor for every pull.

He did however state that running a car in a lower gear will net lower hp than a higher gear. That is assuming you can keep everything cool long enough to complete the pull.

So dynoing in 5th will have lower numbers than 6th. (I'm going to assume I get flamed for saying this)
Old 09-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmenke View Post
I just had a discussion with a guy who has been building engines and tuning cars for over 15 years.

He agrees that my numbers are a little high.

His opinion is the correction factor is wrong. Such as they don't have a weather station or if they do it isn't calibrated correctly. The dyno he uses has a real time weather station that can change the correction factor for every pull.

He did however state that running a car in a lower gear will net lower hp than a higher gear. That is assuming you can keep everything cool long enough to complete the pull.

So dynoing in 5th will have lower numbers than 6th. (I'm going to assume I get flamed for saying this)
Otherway around, dynoing in a lower gear results in higher HP figures.

You want to get the transmission ratio as close to 1:1 as possible.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #17
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
My SS got a baseline dyno yesterday on a mustang dyno of 358 hp and 387 tq. It's an A8. Adding a Procharger so we will see what it adds. As for the low reading, who cares. I Ran a 12.258 bone stock at 115. That's the numbers that matter!

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote