Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #43
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
The car may have been swapped in from another dealer. Very common. I wouldn't be concerned. And it's not a used car.

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #44
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Ask to have a tech pull the ECU history of the 200 miles, you can tell how it was run.
I wouldn't worry about the 200 miles, and I am a stickler for following break-in procedures. For peace of mind, it would be a good idea to follow Glen e's suggestion and see if you can get the service department to pull the stats off the ECU. I am sure it can be done.

When BMW sells an M4, it is sold with the ECU calibrated to about 90% power. The owner has to bring the car back to the dealer after the break-in period so that the dealer can read the ECU and confirm it has been properly broken in, then they do the post-break-in maintenance (oil change, diff fluid change) and they "unlock" the 10% of power that was locked out. The fun thing is, they charge (I think $500) for this privilege. Can't recall if this is just for the GTS or if it applies to all M4s.

I only point this out to say that if BMW can interact at that level with the ECU, I'm sure GM can do the same.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 05-25-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #45
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
The car may have been swapped in from another dealer. Very common. I wouldn't be concerned. And it's not a used car.
If you consider "used" like a dealer does, then yea, it's not used. But that definition is idiotic. If I buy the car with 20 miles on the odometer and sell it, suddenly it's used? but the car the dealer has been driving around with dealer plates however he wants and puts 200+ miles on it is new? Nonsense.

Dealers should have "floor models" like everything else that has things you are allowed to try before buying and then their purchase comes from "new" stock that hasn't been molested by people. Buying something "new" from a dealer that has been essentially used as a floor model should come with the appropriate discounts you'd expect from buying floor model furniture / appliances.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #46
JustinOpinion

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Ask politely for a "used car" price.
Agree. What they have there is a "demonstrator". Likely it has been their test drive mule. Possibly a service loaner, but that is much less likely. If you are happy with the car, and they can produce diagnostics to show it was not driven hard or abnormally, then ask them for the demonstrator discount.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #47
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I bought mine with ~900 miles on it. Previous owner turned it in for a ZL1. I got it for a song... no worries whatsoever.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #48
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I bought mine with ~900 miles on it. Previous owner turned it in for a ZL1. I got it for a song... no worries whatsoever.
and that's fine. Nobody is really saying that the car is damaged goods because it has 200 miles on it. Just that it's not really new and shouldn't be treated as such.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #49
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
It will be fine!! Mine had about 150 miles when I bought it including the 20 miles I put on driving it on 2 test drives. And as long as the car hasn't been sold/titled then it's considered a new vehicle especially since it's still 2017. If you do have any problems/issues then the new car warranty is still valid. I say if you really want the Camaro and the price is right then pull the trigger and get it!! Good luck.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #50
Bad_Habit

Drives: 17 2ss m6
Check the 0-60 time on the info screen....if it has a time and it's low it's been played with.
Bad_Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #51
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
With some of the people in this thread saying they would buy a brand new car with that many miles on it, it's no wonder dealers don't have demonstrators, or say they don't have demonstrator models anymore. Why should they when got people who will buy them as brand new cars at full price.

For me, 200 miles is a little excessive for a Brand New car. And, if you think they will take thousands off the price, think again. Dealers are typically greedy and will not want to do that especially on a fully loaded highly popular SS model. Since you have some people willing to buy a NEW car with that many miles on it, like the few in this thread, they don't have to discount them.

I wouldn't buy a new car with 200 miles on it. My limit would be 50 miles or less. Thankfully, when I purchased my Camaro, it had only 6 miles on it. Unless it was a steal of a deal, I would not buy a brand new car with 200 miles on it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #52
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
I've brought my Camaro 2SS with 210 miles on it. It has 2500 on it now and I took it on a a road trip to Cincinnati, OH so I acquired 546 miles round trip total and driving it back and forth to work and visiting my parents and it runs good and sounds great!
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #53
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
How is a car w/ 200 miles on it, not "new". I get it that it's been driven a few times on test drives, but anyone expecting a dealer to sell the car as "used" is smoking crack.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #54
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
It's new but deserves a discount because of the 20+ test drives it's been out on. A new car shouldn't have 40 butt cheeks and 20 different brains breaking in the powertrain with short drives. Demand a small discount or some sort of compensation.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #55
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
It may have been driven from another dealer.
That's what they said about mine. Not sure if true. But it had about 85 miles on it.

Didn't concern me. I bought the car with a 20pct discount and it wasn't like there were a bunch of base 1SS verts with manual and in hyper blue sitting around dealer lots. It was pretty much a needle in haystack and I knew it. Bought it immediately.

4500 miles later and it's perfect !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #56
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
How is a car w/ 200 miles on it, not "new". I get it that it's been driven a few times on test drives, but anyone expecting a dealer to sell the car as "used" is smoking crack.

Or perhaps I'm not drinking the koolaide that the dealer is serving and you are happily sipping up.

There's a difference between what we expect the dealer to do (we expect them to be liars, greedy, and manipulative) and what we think they should do. The argument here is about what "should be" not what is.

Either way, the decision isn't up to the dealer and what they intend to do. It's on the buyer and their ability to decide to pass up on the car with 200+ miles and get the exact same thing elsewhere or even at the same dealer that reflects what they believe a "new car" should be.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 05-26-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: missed a t