Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
I cannot believe the power this car has!!!

Jesus!

I came from a 2011 2SS, and I thought that car is fast. But a few WOT pulls on the highway earlier today in my new 2017 had me like

My 5th gen could never accelerate with that much power when doing 120km/hr. I absolutely love this car. Anybody in denial or not sure about whether they should trade in their 5th gen for a 6th gen should not even think about it...they are COMPLETELY different cars

And mine is still stock...once warranty is over, I am for sure adding headers/CAI, etc

Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
CodeCody

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I had the same reaction. Makes the 5th gen stock ss feel like a v6. The funny thing is I thought the 5th gen looked better and said I wouldn't trade mine in. Looking back I have no idea what I was thinking.
CodeCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeCody View Post
I had the same reaction. Makes the 5th gen stock ss feel like a v6. The funny thing is I thought the 5th gen looked better and said I wouldn't trade mine in. Looking back I have no idea what I was thinking.
Honestly, I think a lot of people (including me) had that mindset, and STILL do have that mindset if you browse Camaro5. Maybe the 5th gen does look more like a "muscle" car, but you still cannot compare it to this monster
Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #4
imaginager

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I came out of a 2015 Mustang GT Premium. Manual 6-speed was broken on delivery, which I discovered via the fluid leaking on my garage floor on Day 2 of ownership. I had to wait nearly three weeks to get a new transmission installed, but the dealer comp'd me one monthly payment. Once that was accomplished, and I updated to the MGW shifter, the car was bulletproof, mechanically, and I loved the thing. But, I also nearly R&R'd the interior a couple times over trying to eliminate all the rattles.

Alas, the refresh Ford unveiled for 2018 wasn't all I'd hoped. So...two weeks ago I traded for a new 2017 2SS auto, w/ NPP and Mag Ride Control. If I had any regrets...they evaporated the first time I took the Camaro out on the highway for my early morning 40 mile commute to work.

Arguably, the Mustang is the prettier automobile. Mine certainly got comments every week I drove it. But the sheer brutality of the Camaro, together with the superior gadgetry, handily elevates it over the Ford. The only things I still miss about the Mustang are primarily ergo-related (lumbar adj., center console access).
imaginager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
No comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyset View Post
Honestly, I think a lot of people (including me) had that mindset, and STILL do have that mindset if you browse Camaro5. Maybe the 5th gen does look more like a "muscle" car, but you still cannot compare it to this monster
And there will probably be a lot of us that will be the same way when the 7th gen comes out. I personally couldn't stand the 5th gen I despised it as much as the turd gens. For me a 1st or 6th gen are the only Camaros I've truly loved. The 5th gen was so wrong for me I bought an 06 GTO.

It wasn't until the 6th gen came out that I got excited about Camaros again. After waiting on mine to be built then receiving it I am totally happy with it. The redesign along with weight savings and performance speaks volumes.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginager View Post
I came out of a 2015 Mustang GT Premium. Manual 6-speed was broken on delivery, which I discovered via the fluid leaking on my garage floor on Day 2 of ownership. I had to wait nearly three weeks to get a new transmission installed, but the dealer comp'd me one monthly payment. Once that was accomplished, and I updated to the MGW shifter, the car was bulletproof, mechanically, and I loved the thing. But, I also nearly R&R'd the interior a couple times over trying to eliminate all the rattles.

Alas, the refresh Ford unveiled for 2018 wasn't all I'd hoped. So...two weeks ago I traded for a new 2017 2SS auto, w/ NPP and Mag Ride Control. If I had any regrets...they evaporated the first time I took the Camaro out on the highway for my early morning 40 mile commute to work.

Arguably, the Mustang is the prettier automobile. Mine certainly got comments every week I drove it. But the sheer brutality of the Camaro, together with the superior gadgetry, handily elevates it over the Ford. The only things I still miss about the Mustang are primarily ergo-related (lumbar adj., center console access).

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. There has been a couple Mustangs with body kits that have caught my eye, but as a whole none has caught my heart like the 5Gen and then continued with the 6Gen. That long nose and slanted a$$ is just not appealing to me... of course I have been known to change my mind after two six packs of Redds Strawberry Ale at 2am in the morning.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I traded out of a 10 SS with tune, intake, exhaust and DR's into a 17. Every pass I made at the track in the 17 was at minimum half a second faster than the 10 and I haven't done anything to the car (yet!)

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyset View Post
Its not a mind set. ....im a 5th gen owner and its simple.....i dont like the style of the 6th gen. Maybe the 7th gen will give me more of what I want....musclecar styling with top notch performance. A mix of the popular 5th gen styling with the 6th gen drivetrain. The 5th gen is a huge hit. The 6th gen is still trying to make some kind of statement.....but its already year 3 of production coming up. Self proclaimed Camaro fans not liking the 5th gen are a rare breed. Then cant figure out why 5th gen fans dont like the 6th gen. This is going to be a bigger debate then auto vs manual or v6 vs v8.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
I'm from the younger generation. Can someone describe to me the muscle car styling that a lot of people are looking for. What makes the muscle car styling different from a sports car styling? When I hear muscle car, I immediately think of the Dodge Challenger. I personally think the 6th gen looks too much like the 5th gen, but I still like it.
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
It's all subjective & not worth bickering over...sorta like M vs A or bourbon over scotch. You can't really explain an opinion or preference into fact.

I much prefer the lines of the 6th over the 5th.

~~~~~

skyset,

When I started looking into the ZL1 a few month ago, my dealer put me in an SS to get an idea what I was in for...they are strong & was impressed. Best sports car out there for the coin imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR91 View Post
I'm from the younger generation. Can someone describe to me the muscle car styling that a lot of people are looking for. What makes the muscle car styling different from a sports car styling? When I hear muscle car, I immediately think of the Dodge Challenger. I personally think the 6th gen looks too much like the 5th gen, but I still like it.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #11
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
Having a car meet on may 28th in lasalle park burlington ontario from 10-12 if you want to come out, my 2ss in red hot and a 50th anniversary will be there for sure!
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #12
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
I'm coming from a 2010 1LT. Imagine how I feel about its power!
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #13
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I admit I still like the look of the 5th Gen with lowered, fat tires.. looks like a beefy Muscle car. Almost like how the S197 (13/14's) look beefier than the S550's..

Stang or 5th Gen Camaro doesn't look this evil from the front tho

The 5th Gen looks more muscular especially from the front but from the rear.. the 6th Gen looks beefy as well.. I like them both still..
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #14
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Sometimes I think of all the people who bought a 2015 ZL1 and who must be pissed that the 2016 SS has the same 4 second 0-60. I suspect the 2017 is over 400 pounds less since the 2015 ZL1 adds a supercharger. That and the 8 speed make up the difference I guess.