Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
wzbhnn

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Camaro driver vs. Mustang driver thoughts

This is not a race thread. But I realized something funny about Camaro owners vs Mustang owners.

I was just cruising down the street the other day, when a Fox body caught me at a stop light. I looked at him and his car and gave him a smile and a gentle nod. In return he gave me this I'm gonna smoke your a$$ look and start revving his engine. When the light turns green he jumped on it and got up to at least twice the speed limit and cut quite a few other cars off ahead... All triggered by a friendly gesture from someone liked his car.

It's like they can not appreciate anything else except mustangs... and assume all other drivers think the same way. I understand the history between the two and honestly rivary is the biggest reason for the two cars' success up to today. But I don't understand why as a owner they have to block anything else away, just to live in the little hypothetical invicible world.

I did shop for Mustangs and Challengers before I set up my mind for a Camaro. Funny thing is I did get to know quite a few Camaro owners after I got mine, and they all have a open mind to appreciate other cars like I do. Maybe that is something we Camaro owners can take pride ourselves of?
wzbhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
I doubt that's true, not across the board anyway. A lot of Mustang owner/drivers used to drive Camaros. Most likely because of Chevy pulling the rug in 2002, they had little recourse but to switch.

Honestly, I really like the look of the new Mustangs. I've always liked the 2nd gens better than the first gens & that new Mustang has lines reminiscent of the 2nd gen Camaros.

I've never given any serious thought to owning a Mustang though... so I guess I'm as bad as those Mustang owners you're seeing out there.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I've owned multiple Mustang's and Camaro's. That's not a Mustang or Camaro owner trait. That's a personality thing. You could have gotten the same thing from a Camaro, Challenger or ricer owner.

Plenty of manual SS owners here think they are more of a man and far more superior by driving a stick and any performance car with a auto is girly and lame. Its not the cars fault the owner is a douche.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I've owned multiple Mustang's and Camaro's. That's not a Mustang or Camaro owner trait. That's a personality thing. You could have gotten the same thing from a Camaro, Challenger or ricer owner.

Plenty of manual SS owners here think they are more of a man and far more superior by driving a stick and any performance car with a auto is girly and lame. Its not the cars fault the owner is a douche.
^^That's all there is to it.

Both cars have fan boys who are like that. Just roll your eyes and look at em like they're stupid. I have two buddies with nice Mustangs and they love my car. We're car people, not fan boys.

I'd never chose to drive an automatic in a sports car or muscle car, I think it's a sin. But if you want an auto, there's nothing wrong with that.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Like stated above, it's not about the car, it's about the owner. Whether you drive a camaro, mustang, corvette, honda or exotic, a tool will be a tool, regardless.

Some guys have appreciation for all cars and some guys have simpler minds.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #6
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
I had a Fox Body Cobra Mustang pull up to me at a Red Light several months ago. I though oh well here comes that "Lets Race Look". He motioned for me to roll the window down. Which I did. To my surprise all he said was " Dude your exhaust sounds awesome". And here I was thinking that I was going to get a challenge. So not all Mustang owners are douches.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I would not kick a 2013 Mustang GT500 to the curb if it was given to me...I find them very nice to look at.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #8
okbfd
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
It's like they can not appreciate anything else except mustangs... and assume all other drivers think the same way.

Ummmm really??

I like the Camaros except for the vision problems. There are douches driving every model.......had an SS do the same thing to me on the highway until I got tired of it an royally spanked his arse. My first car was a 1970 SS so I have a special place in my heart for them.
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
^^That's all there is to it.

Both cars have fan boys who are like that. Just roll your eyes and look at em like they're stupid. I have two buddies with nice Mustangs and they love my car. We're car people, not fan boys.

I'd never chose to drive an automatic in a sports car or muscle car, I think it's a sin. But if you want an auto, there's nothing wrong with that.
Ya that superbee at the show tues night with an auto was a real sin.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #10
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Yup
Old 06-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #11
Tahlee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
On my way home yesterday I had the windows up, the a/c cranked, and the radio on. Through all of that white noise I suddenly heard the most amazing exhaust. It was a new Mustang being revved up beside me at a light. Man, even though they are slower than Camaros they make the most aggressive sounds.

I told the guy that his car sounded amazing! We did not race.
Tahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I guess a Veyron, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, many Porshes, a GTR, pretty much any supercar 2011+ is a sin as well
Old 06-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #13
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahlee View Post
On my way home yesterday I had the windows up, the a/c cranked, and the radio on. Through all of that white noise I suddenly heard the most amazing exhaust. It was a new Mustang being revved up beside me at a light. Man, even though they are slower than Camaros they make the most aggressive sounds.

I told the guy that his car sounded amazing! We did not race.
I haven't heard a new one yet. All the new ones around my area seem to be V6s.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #14
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
I've had all of the big three from Dodge, Chevy, and Ford. I like and respect all muscle cars and save the hassling for the import crowd, especially the BRZ/ FRS crowd.
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee/ Reso Delete
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote