Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #15
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
footprint gas pedal
Old 07-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #16
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGsean View Post
Really? I wasn’t aware. Would you recommend rotofab? Or who’s your personal favorite?
Rotofab is the one preferred by most everyone here. Not sure about the wet versus dry, but I would probably stick with dry, because there is a sensor just downwind of the filter that oil mist could foul.

I don't like unsubstantiated statements, so I want to clarify my previous statement that K&N filters are not good. Here is a study done some time ago comparing many filters as to filtration capability, propensity to clog, etc. K&N ranked at the very bottom, and AC Delco at the top. I used to be a K&N fanboy, but after seeing this study, I won't use them any more.

For me, I simply run the stock air filter and air box, and I am completely satisfied.

http://www.billswebspace.com/AirFilterTest.htm
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Rotofabs are preferred by ZL1 owners. Seems most SS owners here prefer the Chevrolet performance cai or CAI, Inc, who makes or at least licenses the cai for Chevrolet. Can also get it from places like Summit Racing

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #18
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
footprint gas pedal
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #19
L8Apex

FWIW, the Chevy CAI comes with a small tune included the dealership does, not sure how much is really tweaked for it.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #20
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Performance parts buy used or during sale if you can. Cost me right about $3g in parts to be almost full bolt on.
Rotofab I got used for $240
95mm tb $300
flex fuel sensor $150
tsp headers $900
msd intake mani used $650
tune $700

Not installed yet but have gm hot cam, and install parts another $1000. Looking back my build is gonna be $4000 in parts, I might have stuck with my original plan to do lt4 sc. Would have been about $4500 in parts .
Old 07-14-2020, 09:33 PM   #21
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
My suggestion is to wait a little bit. For performance mods, wait until you know the car, then figure out what you want it to do better.

Aesthetics, take a look around, see what you like. Look at it with the end in mind. IOW, look at the car as a whole, and how you want the overall theme to go.

Whatever you do, don't just jump in without a plan, or throw stuff at it just because everyone is doing it. Rushing in can be expensive and never turns out the way you hoped it would.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:49 PM   #22
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
My suggestion is to wait a little bit. For performance mods, wait until you know the car, then figure out what you want it to do better.

Aesthetics, take a look around, see what you like. Look at it with the end in mind. IOW, look at the car as a whole, and how you want the overall theme to go.

Whatever you do, don't just jump in without a plan, or throw stuff at it just because everyone is doing it. Rushing in can be expensive and never turns out the way you hoped it would.
Really good advice.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:44 AM   #23
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
id steer clear of the k&n cai. i've seen one in person and it looks to be smaller than the factory stuff.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:55 AM   #24
The_Dudebozo

Congrats on the new camaro. I recommend picking up the gm cai. Spend some time cruising thru the various threads to get some ideas.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #25
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

I agree. That is really good advice. Your car is an extremely bright color! IMO it calls for equally bright colors for your graphics with one contrasting color. Such as bright oranges, off shade greens(lime) for example. Contrast could be a bright cobalt blue( like the ocean). I look at your car and think of California! How could you make it remind you of that. Personally, I would stay away from the black. Everybody does that. Be different! I also like the wheels that are on it. instead of black also. Drive and enjoy for a while before you decide on performance upgrades. Too me, it has plenty to offer stock and doesn't mess with your warranty. Good luck and congrats!
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #26
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
A bumper sticker that says:

SLOW DOWN, DON'T FEED THE PIGS

will probably get you some attention.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:08 PM   #27
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGsean View Post
Hi everyone new to the camaro/muscle car game and wanted to kinda pick everyone’s brain and see their thoughts and suggestions for modifications to my new camaro. Under the hood and exterior and even interior are all welcome. I just kinda wanna see everyone’s thoughts and ideas and be a lil creative as I kinda figure out what I wish to do with my car. I appreciate everyone’s input and time! Thanks again!

Edit: Oh and currently I have not much on my to do list besides a kn cold air intake and exterior mods such as the fascia extension and possibly blacked out spoiler.

Get your rims done in black for starters.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:59 PM   #28
YGsean

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
I agree. That is really good advice. Your car is an extremely bright color! IMO it calls for equally bright colors for your graphics with one contrasting color. Such as bright oranges, off shade greens(lime) for example. Contrast could be a bright cobalt blue( like the ocean). I look at your car and think of California! How could you make it remind you of that. Personally, I would stay away from the black. Everybody does that. Be different! I also like the wheels that are on it. instead of black also. Drive and enjoy for a while before you decide on performance upgrades. Too me, it has plenty to offer stock and doesn't mess with your warranty. Good luck and congrats!
I appreciate this so much. Thanks. I’m still pretty new to all this but hearing everyone’s words is very helpful. Thank you so much for this advice in particular
2020 Camaro SS- the tennis ball cometh
YGsean is offline   Reply With Quote