Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2006, 02:58 AM   #1
BIG LEW

Drives: 1971 FIREBIRD 350 V-8
ITS ON !!!!

'STANG.......CHALLENGER..........CAMARO........... .ITS ON LIKE A CHEAP SUIT!!!!!!!...........GENTLEMEN, CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS****************

............................LEW 'FIREBIRD' WILLIAMS
BIG LEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Yes! I will enjoy seeing and reading all the comparos in the future.

Here's to the Camaro whoopin' some Mustang & Challenger a@@.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
i know it will tear the mustang apart butthe challanger with that 6.1.i dont know. the only way they can get it (with the ls2) would be is if the camaro weighs less. otherthan that the power that 6.1 has is more than the camaro. the 427 will dust it though
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Can't wait for the very first magazine shootout when the Camaro is finally released.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Awe hell, that's gonna be great. When all three cars are released, you know some mag company or tv show is going to get all three cars and do an all out war w/ them. I guarantee it will be on numerous tv shows.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
yea but consider even if the camaro posts great numbers the journalist might make a "story" and make it seem like the camaro is shit. I remember seeing car and driver do that with the new z06. they claimed it could not compete with supercars that cost twice as much as it. but when they did the setup they made the graphs and everything look like it was slow as hell. but they could not deny that the mustand they had was extremely slow compared to the others. all the cars were great but just makes me sad when people see the numbers and write a "story." remember the 80 model chevy nova and toyota corrola hatch backs. same car the toyota got better reviews.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Having read just about every article I can find on the concept, IMO, the reviews seem to be about 95% positive. Seeing that GM made the investment to make a concept that actually runs, and does so very well, I am hedging my bet that the production version will be just as formidable, ie; high performance and quality.

As for competing with the Mustang and Challenger, I truly believe GM will not be caught "with their pants down", and will offer a model which will perform as good, if not better, than both the Mustang and Challenger.

I'm looking forward to the future.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Having read just about every article I can find on the concept, IMO, the reviews seem to be about 95% positive. Seeing that GM made the investment to make a concept that actually runs, and does so very well, I am hedging my bet that the production version will be just as formidable, ie; high performance and quality.

As for competing with the Mustang and Challenger, I truly believe GM will not be caught "with their pants down", and will offer a model which will perform as good, if not better, than both the Mustang and Challenger.

I'm looking forward to the future.
I completely agree. These tv shows and mag companies that I'm talking about aren't supposed to be partial to any car and are supposed to give fair reviews. Stats don't lie. You put a Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang up on the dyno and you get #'s. You can give your opinion, but #'s can't be fudged. Or no one will ever buy their mag anymore and they will be considered an unreliable source. You'd have to be crazy to print a story about these cars and lie, let alone give a poor opinion of the Camaro. Take that last Camaro article on why it will fail. That guys a moron in my opinion and is pretty much the same in everyone elses here too. I hope he feels the heat from more than one person for writing that crap.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote