Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #7057
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
If any of you are really interested in the Corvette lap times vs Viper - Jim Mero is the former GM Engineer who drove the Vette laps and has a lot of great info about it on his media platforms.

Just as a note, the ACR lap efforts included a full team setting up the aero and suspension for each track they went to - Corvette has never made that effort.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #7058
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
If any of you are really interested in the Corvette lap times vs Viper - Jim Mero is the former GM Engineer who drove the Vette laps and has a lot of great info about it on his media platforms.

Just as a note, the ACR lap efforts included a full team setting up the aero and suspension for each track they went to - Corvette has never made that effort.
... and that's what made the C6ZR1 and C7ZR1 so special - no need to adjust for ridiculous lap times and drive to and from in comfort.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #7059
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

This is true. While I mentioned that the 5th and 4th gen ACR's were faster than the vettes, it should be noted that the corvettes never received thesw track specific adjustments and effort.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #7060
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Man, what a great bike. I had a 750 Commando with an added front disc brake. And yea that rubber mounting made a big difference from my friends Triumph Tiger in long term ride comfort. And the handling was really good despite the rubber mounting. In those days the engine was an integral part of chassis tensile strength. Later though I fell in love with a Honda 750 and then a Kawasaki 900 Z1. While both were good cruisers and the 900 was a nice wheel stander, the handlling of the Norton stayed on my mind. And now the handling of my Camaro is my favorite aspect of the car.

Oh and if I remeber it took Harley a long time to copy the Commando tech.
I wanted one but the 500 Kawasaki was a lot cheaper. The Norton in yellow was my dream but the Kawasaki was what I rode.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #7061
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Matter of fact, I'll message a couple people now and see who wants to play this Saturday. He doesn't have to disclose anything. He can hide his mods and pick whoever he thinks he might have the advantage against and avoid whoever he thinks will walk him if he wants. No further details needed. I'll try to set this up now. We'll see if he chooses to come back and reply or not.
Would be cool to see
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #7062
IconicGT500
Banned

Drives: shelby
Quote:
Matter of fact, I'll message a couple people now and see who wants to play this Saturday. He doesn't have to disclose anything. He can hide his mods and pick whoever he thinks he might have the advantage against and avoid whoever he thinks will walk him if he wants. No further details needed. I'll try to set this up now. We'll see if he chooses to come back and reply or not.
Im ready to race any GM you bring out, and i never race for $..

Quote:
They should race to 181 MPH!!

This new group I know about has some guys making some crazy power. But some of them only race for money. If he wants then I'll see if any of them want to race his almost bone stock 900+ RWHP GT500 and for how much. I'm sure they'll be out Saturday. I haven't had the chance to roll with them yet because I've been working 2 weeks straight between NJ and NY. But I'll reach out if he really wants. And if any of his buddies from over there wanna join then I'll see if we can match them up as well. Stock GT500s or whatever. They can all lie about their mods to each other and lose money to each other or whatever...I'll video the whole thing and post it on YT.

To be clear. I will not be participating in this as I have too much to risk right now. Especially now. At best I can be the recorder with my PDR or I'll try to get my hands on a GP or figure something out. But I'm making way too much money right now to risk getting arrested and losing my professional healthcare license. If that pisses anyone off then I really don't care. My contract in NY can possibly get extended for a year or more which will basically triple my salary and I'd be dumb as hell to risk that racing someone. LOL!! When he decides to show up and give us more details and stop being vague and actually lets us know what he wants to do and who's car it is and what is done to said car or if it is his car or if it is bone stock or highly modded or whatever the hell he has then I'll get the ball rolling. But fair warning, his 900+ RWHP GT500 might get eaten alive. And he might be driving home penniless. Just sayin...
so thats a no? can someone drive your nearly stock car vs a nearly/closer to stock GT500?

Quote:
So you own a bone stock 2020 GT500? What color is it? Is it the Base or the CF version?
mine is not stock - i have access to one

Yes, it is "ICONIC"
IconicGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:19 AM   #7063
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconicGT500 View Post

so thats a no? can someone drive your nearly stock car vs a nearly/closer to stock GT500?

Yes, it is "ICONIC"
I like your channel, good content.. your car has pretty much wrecked most cars except that 717 zr1.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #7064
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
... and that's what made the C6ZR1 and C7ZR1 so special - no need to adjust for ridiculous lap times and drive to and from in comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is true. While I mentioned that the 5th and 4th gen ACR's were faster than the vettes, it should be noted that the corvettes never received thesw track specific adjustments and effort.
Agreed, thanks gents. Not trying to take anything away from the ACR times - especially the team that set out across so many tracks with the ACR Extreme Aero package just to set production lap records - still awesome they did that.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 04-29-2020, 08:41 AM   #7065
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Of course..

Quote:
I never said I was gonna race in the first place. And no, nobody is going to race my "nearly stock car". I'll try to set up someone to race you and I'll probably be present...if I feel like it and if I don't get called in to work that is.

Quote:

Yes, it is "ICONIC"
Congrats. I'm sure you don't disclose your mod list seeing as how your sig and description are both blank. That is cool tho. But most guys who act that shady are racing for money. So they do not disclose their mods because it can potentially cost them some loot. You don't race for money. So why all the secrecy? Also, there are several wannabee hardcore racers over on M6G. One of them got his ass banned from here and writes like this. So why not ask one of those guys to race? Mister blue ink claims to have a 9 sec DD GT and goes to Atco and street races. Why not hit him up? Are you two best buds now? And aren't 2018 GTs supposed to be deep in the 10s easily and are competition for Hellcats and Z06s and ZL1s with just some minor boltons? Why not race those guys? There are some ZL1 guys over there who claim to track. Why not race them? Why come all the way over here to this thread and be vague about your car and your mods and who's car you're actually gonna race when there are a bunch of hardcore racers right on your forum? Just curious.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #7066
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
They should race to 181 MPH!!

This new group I know about has some guys making some crazy power. But some of them only race for money. If he wants then I'll see if any of them want to race his almost bone stock 900+ RWHP GT500 and for how much. I'm sure they'll be out Saturday. I haven't had the chance to roll with them yet because I've been working 2 weeks straight between NJ and NY. But I'll reach out if he really wants. And if any of his buddies from over there wanna join then I'll see if we can match them up as well. Stock GT500s or whatever. They can all lie about their mods to each other and lose money to each other or whatever...I'll video the whole thing and post it on YT.

To be clear. I will not be participating in this as I have too much to risk right now. Especially now. At best I can be the recorder with my PDR or I'll try to get my hands on a GP or figure something out. But I'm making way too much money right now to risk getting arrested and losing my professional healthcare license. If that pisses anyone off then I really don't care. My contract in NY can possibly get extended for a year or more which will basically triple my salary and I'd be dumb as hell to risk that racing someone. LOL!! When he decides to show up and give us more details and stop being vague and actually lets us know what he wants to do and who's car it is and what is done to said car or if it is his car or if it is bone stock or highly modded or whatever the hell he has then I'll get the ball rolling. But fair warning, his 900+ RWHP GT500 might get eaten alive. And he might be driving home penniless. Just sayin...
You make so much stuff up, I don't even know what to believe about your Covid duties.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Guys stop with the track adjustment stuff. Were we all not complaining about the C8 track alignment being called a mod? If a car comes stock with adjust ability , be it aero, alignment, or even electric output, then it's not a mod. You can't tell me the GM engineering team wasn't optimizing what they could when they specifically went to set lap records.

Quote:
Yes, it is "ICONIC"
FYI Blaq talks sooooooooooooooooooo much crap none of this will ever happen. I especially like how he was all about racing until you came back and now he makes up an excuse about his job.

Also as an aside question since you seem to be a roll racing expert. Have you or anyone you know in the roll racing scene, ever raced past 180? Blaq likes to harp on your GT500's speed limiter and i've told him numerous times it's a non issue.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #7067
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You make so much stuff up, I don't even know what to believe about your Covid duties.

FYI Blaq talks sooooooooooooooooooo much crap none of this will ever happen. I especially like how he was all about racing until you came back and now he makes up an excuse about his job.
That is because Blaq is a full of hot air, when I was street racing in the 90's we always had a couple loudmouths that would talk crap but would never put up.

Always the 1st to talk then always had an excuse LOL
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #7068
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Also as an aside question since you seem to be a roll racing expert. Have you or anyone you know in the roll racing scene, ever raced past 180? Blaq likes to harp on your GT500's speed limiter and i've told him numerous times it's a non issue.
Ironically, this just happened. This guy is scaa-rewed. And he should be.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...monroe-county/

One of the news stations showed a redacted version of the ticket. I saw enough to see that the car was a “black 2016 Dodge”

This was on I-75 a few miles north of the Michigan-Ohio border.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #7069
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Saw that on facebook, but if there was another vehicle wouldn't the police have mentioned that? Also, how the hell did they catch him? Must have been the radio.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #7070
NW-99SS

Quote:
Guys stop with the track adjustment stuff. Were we all not complaining about the C8 track alignment being called a mod? If a car comes stock with adjust ability , be it aero, alignment, or even electric output, then it's not a mod. You can't tell me the GM engineering team wasn't optimizing what they could when they specifically went to set lap records.
I didn't complain, I only pointed out the reality of a car with a team that has a lot more adjustments available than the C6 ZR1 has - and gave full credit to that team. Again, you can read Jim Mero's remarks on all his Corvette testing and lap times for some really great information.

Nothing against either, but Dodge certainly set out with a more comprehensive effort - and if the Viper didn't sound like a tractor, I probably would have already owned one - Gen Vs are just gorgeous cars.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2