Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Installed Corsa Axleback and Flowmaster X pipe!

So I previously ran the Magnaflow system on my car and I had to cut into the factory NPP system to install. That system was waaayyy too droney and boomy for my tastes, so I immediately sold it. Problem now is I couldn't install the Corsa Axleback I wanted to run unless I welded back up the NPP, which felt hacked and cheesy.

So I bought the Flowmaster 81083 Scavenger X Pipe system to connect to my Corsa 14786 Sport system. I figured I'd have a go at it at my shop and if I needed to bend or swell something, I could at least drive the car to an exhaust guy. I'm happy to report its plug and play! Nothing needs to be swelled, cut, or bent beyond the standard instructions outlined for both systems.

I had other projects to get into afterwards but wow it sounds awesome! NO DRONE and a perfect muscle car tone without being raspy. I'll update this thread this week with a video too!
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Mind getting some sound clips for us?!
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2ss
I've been thinking about running the flowmasterwith my corsa axle back, but it's not really different . I was hoping it would delete the secondary cats but it doesn't. I think I'm gonna go with the Borla x pipe that deletes the cats.
Doyal_Mcneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I came in here looking for sound clips lol .
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #5
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
I came in here looking for sound clips lol .
Same here.
We want some sound clip.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Yeah, not a fan of magnaflow, way too boomy and you really can't hear the natural engine noise.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #7
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Did you install the X pipe in the mid pipe area?
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #8
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Did you install the X pipe in the mid pipe area?
The flow master is an x pipe. It doesn't delete the secondary cats, if that's what you mean by mid pipe. There basically zero sound difference between stock and the flow master as far as I know.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #9
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
The flow master is an x pipe. It doesn't delete the secondary cats, if that's what you mean by mid pipe. There basically zero sound difference between stock and the flow master as far as I know.
The mid pipe is what i call behind the cats and before the rear axle.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #10
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Do you mean this x-pipe?

"Flowmaster's new Resonator-Delete kit for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS with the manual transmission is a great way to increase the sound level of your car. hese Scavenger Series X-pipe assemblies can be used with the factory rear muffler sections or with Flowmaster's Axle-back kits. The pipe kits are constructed with 3.00 inch 409s mandrel bent tubing and utilize Flowmaster's patented D-port design to help maximize exhaust scavenging. Fits hard top models only."
Old 11-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #11
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
Do you mean this x-pipe?

"Flowmaster's new Resonator-Delete kit for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS with the manual transmission is a great way to increase the sound level of your car. hese Scavenger Series X-pipe assemblies can be used with the factory rear muffler sections or with Flowmaster's Axle-back kits. The pipe kits are constructed with 3.00 inch 409s mandrel bent tubing and utilize Flowmaster's patented D-port design to help maximize exhaust scavenging. Fits hard top models only."
Yep and it doesn't delete the secondary cats. It doesn't delete resonators either, because there are no resonators. The only thing it deletes is the crimped part of the exhaust pipes.

If you are even the slightest bit familiar with the 2016 exhaust you would understand.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #12
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Uploaded a few videos on my Instagram @AbsolutHank13
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:32 PM   #13
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Yep and it doesn't delete the secondary cats. It doesn't delete resonators either, because there are no resonators. The only thing it deletes is the crimped part of the exhaust pipes.

If you are even the slightest bit familiar with the 2016 exhaust you would understand.
Wow you really dont know what youre talking about do you do yourself and give flowmaster a call or something before you embarrass yourself even more
Old 11-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #14
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
So I previously ran the Magnaflow system on my car and I had to cut into the factory NPP system to install. That system was waaayyy too droney and boomy for my tastes, so I immediately sold it. Problem now is I couldn't install the Corsa Axleback I wanted to run unless I welded back up the NPP, which felt hacked and cheesy.

So I bought the Flowmaster 81083 Scavenger X Pipe system to connect to my Corsa 14786 Sport system. I figured I'd have a go at it at my shop and if I needed to bend or swell something, I could at least drive the car to an exhaust guy. I'm happy to report its plug and play! Nothing needs to be swelled, cut, or bent beyond the standard instructions outlined for both systems.

I had other projects to get into afterwards but wow it sounds awesome! NO DRONE and a perfect muscle car tone without being raspy. I'll update this thread this week with a video too!
Just installed the same MagnaFlow system system today and at first I thought it sounded great, but once I drove it down the block and decelerated the drone was unbearable, I couldn't even have a conversation in the car because it was so loud. So depressing...

I'm interested to know more about what you swapped out for. How much did the Flowmaster Xpipe and Corsa 14786 run? I'm thinking about selling the Magnaflow and doing this as long as I don't end up having to spend a ton.

Is the 14786 the sport? I'm thinking about the same but maybe doing the xtreme because I love the loud sound as long as there's no drone when decelerating.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote