Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #29
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
In all reality this post is pretty much pointless. The disciples feedback has already been given. The planned trip in may is only for them to see the fruits of their labor and to see if the engineers/designers understood what they talked about. That being said here is some address to the "ridiculous" wants below.

T-tops, NOT HAPPENING GET OVER IT, IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

Bumblebee color wont happen its TO EXPENSIVE.

Factory Options will be bundled, Its a mass produced car, its how its done in manufacturing.

Backup lights are where they will be, learn to live.

XM/radio antenna - Uh this is standard, learn to live.

As Fbodfather says.. KEEP THE FAITH that you will get a car as close to the concept as is practical, feasible, and economical.
Well... I wouldn't necessarily categorize all of this as pointless... sure, a lot of what we'll see in the 1st year model offerings are already set in stone (thank goodness, or the final product would be comin' out even later!)

I'd like to hang on to the hope that this car will definitely be subject to an evolutionary process... with the ongoing feeling from GM being that there is always room for improvement!

Given what I've seen of the Camaro Team, there are definitely a lot of open minds in the crowd.. and hey... just 'cuz GM couldn't make something happen the 1st year, doesn't necessarily mean that it can't happen in the 2nd year or even the 3rd year in the car's cycle. I think that's how it works. We all want this car to be a success, whatever it takes!

Bottom line? In this ultra-competitive environment... if you sit still for a nano-second, somebody's gonna pass you real quick! I'm not thinkin' for a moment that GM is asleep at the switch.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 03-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I don't mind options being bundled but I want to see performance seperated from comfort and from appearance. I shouldn't have to buy heated leather seats if I want a spoiler or suspension package. Also, the Camaro cant be more than about $2000 more than the mustang, ideally within about $1000. I'm sure GM knows this but I just want to re-state it.

Thats about all that I can think of that might not be set yet. Things like engines, sheetmetal, interior, hood, vents, etc, are all probably set by now. I would like to see functional ram air, a heads up display and a few other things but that would have been for the last meeting of disciples.

Well, one other area that is still probably in the air is marketing/commercials. Anything that is done needs to be as bold as the car is. It needs to make a statement, but it cannot be a 30 second long burnout. It should reflect the fact that you will be able to get power and economy out of it, for each model.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #31
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Economy? How can you not paint the most anticipated car of the new millenium the most bad ass color of the new millenium, as the most kick ass movie of the era. Have we not realized the power of popularity? The American Fickleness?

I'm sure for people who have paid attention to my posts. I may not know as much about cars as some guys on here but I know what sells. They will make a Bumblebee paint. If not that's a major mistake.

I can live with out T-tops.

Sorry for the rank.

I would like to see a Bumblebee!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
They will make a Bumblebee paint. If not that's a major mistake.
No, unfortunately they won't.

Because the TRUE Bumblebee color is a multiple stage, multiple layer, "shifting" paint. That happens to cost quite a bit of money, and isn't very practical to the factory painting process.

They'll probably offer some sort of Yellow/Gold...but not true Bumblebee yellow (I forget the paint color's name).

Even so, I still think it's gonna look bada$$ in any color they dip it in.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #33
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
My requests:

Make the standard wheels 18 inches or so. I'd personally rather not pay extra for heavier wheels, and I don't like the look of 20s anyway.

Interior material quality is my #1 gripe with GM products. I don't need Audi-level luxury, but some soft touch plastics, pleasing textures, and solid hinges, latches, panel fitments, and doors are a big deal to me.

I'd love to see the Z28 package offer mild engine mods and extensive suspension and braking mods over the base V8, plus sport seats, fluid coolers, sticky tires, performance gauges, etc. I want a car for autocrossing and track days, that can still do OK at the drag strip.

Offer the aluminum gas cap shown on the proposed accessory picture leak.

Offer all three stripe combos (large center stripe, twin stripes, and hockey stick stripes) as options painted at the factory. I understand how this could be difficult to offer, so it is more of a stretch request.

Keep the V6 more powerful than the Traverse's

Other than that, I really can't think of anything that I'm concerned about. It is all coming together quite well.

Oh yeah, keep it affordable, but that's a given.

Edit: one last request: I'd love a dual stage exhaust system like the one offered on teh 2008 Corvette. I'd definitely order it if it was offered.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #34
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

1. Halo headlights.

2. Have the same HP in the Vert.

3. LS3 with exhuast option and True Dual Exhaust.

4. Same option choses as you could do in 67, 68, 69.

5. Optional Bose system or upgrade like the mustang.

6. Bumblebee Package

7. what about 69 Package COPO 427.
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Wow! Thanks for all the great contributions and thanks to the mods for organizing/categorizing the suggestions. That will sure make my job as messenger-boy pretty easy!
A lot of people are thinking along the right lines as many of the suggestions (as has been pointed out) are recurring themes - and there's nothing wrong with reinforcing them again.
As well, I can say that the Camaro Team is already aware of a lot of the suggestions noted here and have already considered/analyzed them... I don't believe I'm permitted to say exactly which ones, or what direction Chevrolet might be leaning, but you gotta know that the best people in the business are working on this car - and - they have an incredible sense of pride in what they're doing with this project. I believe the term "sweating the details" has been thrown around in the past and from what I've seen, they're doing just that. I was most impressed with the team's ability to consider and juggle the needs of the enthusiast community, while keeping in focus the primary goal of ensuring that this car is a success in the marketplace!

Another thing to consider is that these people are car people with the same passion that we have. Since Lutz came into the picture, the "car guys" within GM have become a lot more influential than they were allowed to be in the past under different administrations. Sure - the bean counters might still hold sway, but the "car guys" seem to be allowed a lot more scope now and I think this car will demonstrate that in spades.

Keep the suggestions coming in!!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #36
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I have some suggestions about the interior. As you guys know, I'm nuts about it. One thing I'd like is a lot of color accent options. I think it's be nice to mix and match base color and trim. For example, people can choose to have colored trim and seat accents, or just one without the other. The other thing is have a lot of colors to match the exterior colors which will be offered, as well as wood grain, brushed aluminum, carbon fiber, etc. The other thing is accents around the radio and gauges can be picked. For example, people could choose between chrome and brushed aluminum for those as well. I'd also like to see some ambient lighting, available in different colors.

Having a one-stop shop for this stuff from Chevy, even if it's aftermarket, would be phenomenal.

Oh, and with the stripes, having them painted under the final clearcoat is something I think at least 90% of us want.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #37
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Oh yeah, I think this is already happening but since it's been adressed I'm taking it up: a nice warm yellow. Perhaps a metallic yellow. I know the Bumblebee paint is not going to be offered, but I still want a nice yellow to start with.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #38
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
To please me, simply smash the GT500!!! The GT500 is a great car, I simply have faith that the Camaro is going to be better in every way. So, I will wait to see what happens. For me the design is great, everything I see and here suggest that it is going to be a car launch to remember. And when I get my Cobra killer, you can bet I will be buried with the keys in my hands. Keep the accessories coming, put a four banger in it if that is what it takes to keep the v8 and the name alive for my future kids.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #39
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
Large displacement, naturaly aspirated V8.
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #40
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
sports suspension
AWD
3.55 or better rear axle
tight short throw shifter
LS3 pretty please...
Couple of other things I thought of:
the new TR6060 transmision (replacing the T56)
Slotted-cross drilled rotors
4 piston calipers (a good 0-60 time is fine but a good 0-60-0 time is great)
fully reclining front bucket seats with heat (I love the seats in my Monte)
6 disc CD changer - standard
an XM Delete option

it should have but I'll mention to show how important I think they are,
ABS
Traction control
AFM

Last edited by Mythic; 03-29-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #41
Toad
Freaky Toad

Drives: -
I've got a special request for us europeans...

Please, PLEASE, don't use those horrible amber coloured indicators on the camaro. I know that we have some really stupid laws over here that tell the automotive industries to use amber indicators but there's ways to bypass that.

For example: Peugot got some nice looking indicators that look like normal red taillights but light up in a amberish colour. Honestly, I don't know how they do it, but please try to make something similar.

Other than that I'd really like that BMW style shark fin antenna gone, but that's been suggested already. I like the rest, but being a poor student, I'm really not going to pay more than 40k$ (base V8 Mustang price over here...) if those fugly indicators are implemented.

EDIT!!!!: And also give us that incredibly sexy looking gun metal colour for the camaro =D (the ZR-1 one, dark gray).

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #42
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sorry to not read the thread before posting, but one big question just came to mind for some reason. Is this car going to be throttle by wire? Hopefully not...but.