Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Body style ?
Coupe 81 65.32%
Convertable 23 18.55%
Some kind of knight rider T-top 20 16.13%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
LouT

Drives: Camaro SS
Coupe or convertible?

So which would it be for you? Coupe for me, but with modern cars I think convertables can be just as good as a coupe.
LouT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Talking

I definately like the coupes better, but I really hope they come out with t-tops. Mine has t-tops and I dont know if I could live without em, haha.:p
acscamarochick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06
I definately like the coupes better, but I really hope they come out with t-tops. Mine has t-tops and I dont know if I could live without em, haha.:p
T-top version of this car would look hot! But so far only news of coupe and convertible.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I personally prefer the look of the roofline on coupes v. the look when the top is raised on a vert.

Don't get me wrong, they'd both look great, and I'd like to have a coupe AND a vert if I could affrod it, but if I had to choose, I'd choose a coupe.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
lq30

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I personally prefer the look of the roofline on coupes v. the look when the top is raised on a vert.

Don't get me wrong, they'd both look great, and I'd like to have a coupe AND a vert if I could affrod it, but if I had to choose, I'd choose a coupe.
Same here. Nothing beats the sleekness of a sporty looking coupe's roofline. Tho I gotta say the pics of what a convertible might look like are great looking. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18
lq30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by lq30
Same here. Nothing beats the sleekness of a sporty looking coupe's roofline. Tho I gotta say the pics of what a convertible might look like are great looking. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18
That 'vert is good lookin'!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #7
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
The Convertible is georgeous, I would buy a coupe myself. The styling of the convertible is just HOT. The other things I noticed that are great are the mirrors and wheels. The mirrors are similar to those on the corvette. While they're not like the concept, the shape does not effect the overall design. As for the wheels, they look outstanding in chrome. If anyone has a ear of a GM big wig, PLEASE make these an option in either the concept style or those shown on the covertible rendition. These cars had better be built soon. This teasing is to much to handle. There are many of us who are more than willing to plop down some serious cash to be put on a waiting list.
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
T top is best of both worlds IMO
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
montez34

Drives: monte carlo z34
i absolutley hate convertables, i dont know why people like them so much. i love targas, t tops or moonroofs, but no converts. They just seem feminine to me for some reason haha, i just dont agree with them but def a coupe
montez34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
genuine719

Drives: 1969 camaro
I would love to see a t-top come out in the new camaro. I would love to see the new camaros come out soon this waiting is killing me because I want to get a new car soon but I am waiting to get the camaro when it comes out. I hope that the people at GM are reading this because it would be nice to just put it out for us.
genuine719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by genuine719
I would love to see a t-top come out in the new camaro. I would love to see the new camaros come out soon this waiting is killing me because I want to get a new car soon but I am waiting to get the camaro when it comes out. I hope that the people at GM are reading this because it would be nice to just put it out for us.
I hope the powers that be at GM are feeling the heat from the Dodge Challenger green-light for production news. C'mon GM bean counters, calculate faster and figure out a way to give the go-ahead for the new Camaro!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
i dont think it will be head till late o8 at the earliest.

not sure if you read this but they put the GTO on hiatus (sp) until they can get the new zeta platform out which is whats used in the GTO and as i understand the logical choice for the camaro. Since they have to redo it they will prolly put the maro on the new one.

I think the problem is that they are waiting to long to get it out. The challenger concept came out at a similar time and its already been green lighted. Read somehwere they thinking spring 07 is when they will be on the lots. Unless GM makes the annoucnment this year i dont see it being out until VERY late 08 or 09. I would hope that what will happen is that GM will talk with nissan in july and hopefully annoucne the green light to provide an incentive to nissian to make a deal. Honestly if i was nissan i would be very leary of parterning with chevy/gm given the lack of vechical line up. SSR failed, couple of the SUVs got cut again, nothing really good on the horizon definite, and the sedans domestics got just got nothing on the imports (TL,G/M series, camry, avalaon, civic,accord, etc).

IMO gm better put up or shut up
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #13
Mungo

Drives: trans am
I think GM is waiting for the new frame assembly coming from holden in Australia. It is a strictly a RWD platform. This months Car & Driver stated that Pontiac will end production of FWD cars. There are plans for a restyled GTO using this new frame. The challenger will use a shortened version of the Charger frame. That is why Dodge can get the challenger into production sooner. The GM frame will be done this summer.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #14
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
I would have to say that the coupe is the better of the 2. im not too big on convertibles unless its a 2 seater. 4 seater convertibles dont look as good to me as a sleek coupe. especially the way the rear end is on the camaro, and how the rear glass looks, thats the way to go.
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote