The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #1947
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
RGXN7P

Any movement on this order? Thanks for doing this, really appreciated.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #1948
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnall40 View Post
Gather around gang, ... I would like to ask your opinion: ... Many of us have been sharing notes and thoughts for several weeks now to the point I think I know some of you fairly well ... so, please help me out with your ideas and advice. First, enormous Kudos to the design, engineering, and production folks for creating the C7... It is magnificent! ..It is exciting! That's where the Kudos stop! Some of you have been given deliberate false info from dealers. Some of us have been lucky to have a good dealer. In my case that is where the luck ran out. After being "Fully Produced" on 9/17 no one has been able to tell me for sure where the car is. Faq@chevrolet.com says it went to Nashville, my dealer (dependent on GM), tells me it is Bayed, BeckyD (Bless her heart) tells me it is at 3800. Truth is the overpaid euphoric GM bureaucrats basking in self aggrandizing BS know exactly where it is, or should, but could really care less about customers; they are on a high! If they did, they would track each car by bar code on the web where we could check and not bother anyone. I don't mind waiting, it is the insulting GM indifference that gets to me. I love the C7 but I intensely dislike their care less humiliating attitude toward loyal customers. What are your thoughts?
Your dealer can ask the Regional Dealer Business Center to contact the carrier to determine just where your build is. That is one of the reasons the DBCs exist.

I have posted this before but it bears repeating: any launch other than a Corvette or to a lessor extent a Camaro does NOT get the same attention and the status codes are NOT designed to inform the public but are designed to inform Chevy internal. That is just a fact. Could it be different? Yes and should be. It is not this process is a secret, if it was I would never have learned even a smattering about how it works, it is just that GM has not given enough thought about doing it.

Is this GM indifference? Maybe. But my interpretation of your chief complaint is that your dealer is not doing all that could be done to keep you in the loop, for whatever reason. The most likely reason is the staff do not know what they can do, until someone tells them how will they know?

GM does a new Corvette launch say every 6-8 years and Camaro about the same so this question of transparency becomes significant once every few years. GM does multiple launches every year but each launch other than the two mentioned gathers 1% of the attnetion. I suspect many start with no more than 300 pre-orders nationwide, particularly if one excludes GM employees from being counted. There's the difference.

Laborsmith
Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1949
bnall40

Drives: Z51 3LT, 2009 Pilot, 2012 Ody Tours
Thanks! Laborsmith: Info involving the dealer and DBC's very helpful ... My issue put another way; when I ask a question (car inquiry), I would like a straight informed answer. Sure, I am excited about this car as many others are, but we should not be toyed with. I own and have owned many foreign cars. I have owned twelve new Chevys and several new Fords and I can tell you American car manufacturers just don't "get it". Foreign companies win out because they are customer oriented. There is a Chevy dealer in my area where the service is so bad I would not take my riding lawn mower to them. Offered to discuss, - owner refused! (And we wonder why they went bankrupt)? I don't, it's plain as day. In the meanwhile, Hooray for the C7!,.. and those who designed, engineered, and produced! The C7 is terrific, (and I have not seen one in person). (After those GM boneheads read my blog I may never see one). Just maybe mine will slip by?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1950
Sierramadre

Drives: Ferrari
Thanks Becky

1535 arrived safe and sound. Thanks again for all of your help! Really made the process enjoyable.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #1951
bnall40

1535, Another beauty in the driveway! Looks absolutely fantastic! .....

If anyone spots a CRMT with 1252 as the last 4 .... please advise!

Thanks

Old 10-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #1952
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierramadre View Post
1535 arrived safe and sound. Thanks again for all of your help! Really made the process enjoyable.
Fellow Michigander,
Beautiful color combo...breathtaking. Also, that's what I call a stunning photo. Nice job.

Becky,
My car was shipped to the dealer yesterday. Unfortunately, I cant pick it up until Tuesday. I'll post photos by midweek.

Mariano (Alfie)
Shelby Twp, MI

Last edited by alfie43; 10-05-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #1953
Sierramadre

Drives: Ferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Fellow Michigander,
Beautiful color combo...breathtaking. Also, that what I call a stunning photo. Nice job.

Becky,
My car was shipped to the dealer yesterday. Unfortunately, I cant pick it up until Tuesday. I'll post photos by midweek.

Mariano (Alfie)
Shelby Twp, MI
Thx. Our cars were probably on the same truck. It was delivered to my dealer at 11:00am on 10/4 in Garden City. Look forward to seeing yours. You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #1954
bnall40

Would you believe? I just received an "update" from faq@chevrolet.com. They say, (form letter), that there is no change in the status of 1252 since their last report 15 days ago on September 20th: "The car is still in Nashville undergoing final QC checks"? Do you believe that? i.e., they would release a car from BG without doing final QC checks? This form letter is a perfect example of incompetence and customer care-less attitude.
All I am asking for is a straight-forward, informative, correct answer which they are unwilling to provide. Provided that, I don't mind waiting. A final irony .... I not only put down a down payment, with the exception of LPOs my car is completely paid for!. Can't believe I did that!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #1955
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefan View Post
Any movement on this order? Thanks for doing this, really appreciated.

3300 status
Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1956
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierramadre View Post

Oh very nice!

Stop by if you find yourself in my neighborhood,
i'd love to see it in person
Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1957
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Fellow Michigander,
Beautiful color combo...breathtaking. Also, that what I call a stunning photo. Nice job.

Becky,

Mariano (Alfie)
Shelby Twp, MI

Your's I expect to see
Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #1958
jwmoberley

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Order Status

Miss Becky I think this will be one of the last times I have to bug you. My dealer called yesterday and said the cars been invoiced and they expect it next week. That sounds quick to me but I'm going to hope they're right. Order number RGSGWN.

Thanks again for being so helpful. It's kept a lot of us sane I'm sure!!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #1959
vettefan

Drives: C7 2LT Cyber Grey
Any dates, estimates for build along with 3300 status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
3300 status
Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #1960
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmoberley View Post
Miss Becky I think this will be one of the last times I have to bug you. My dealer called yesterday and said the cars been invoiced and they expect it next week. That sounds quick to me but I'm going to hope they're right. Order number RGSGWN.

Thanks again for being so helpful. It's kept a lot of us sane I'm sure!!
Where in Texas... who is your dealer?

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet, tpw sorry