Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #29
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Well I sincerely hope that you never have to have your car in this type of situation, as I am sure the result would not look pretty funny to you then. If the car that you love were sitting on it's side in a ditch and you had no idea if it would be fixable or not, I don't think you would find it funny. It's hard to look at a picture of my own car and think perspectively, but I don't think I have ever joked a about a crashed car the way I am seeing done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
For what it's worth at this point in time, I'm sure I speak for all at C5 when I say we're glad you and your passenger(s), if any, are okay. You can dump on Pfadt all you want, but for the rest of us you have to realize it looks pretty funny. No doubt it was a very slow speed incident and serious injuries were not an issue, other than some injured pride. Hope everything turns out okay.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
Old 02-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #30
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
Well I sincerely hope that you never have to have your car in this type of situation, as I am sure the result would not look pretty funny to you then. If the car that you love were sitting on it's side in a ditch and you had no idea if it would be fixable or not, I don't think you would find it funny. It's hard to look at a picture of my own car and think perspectively, but I don't think I have ever joked a about a crashed car the way I am seeing done here.
You're okay
Passengers are okay
Car not okay. Insurance should take care of that.
There are some things that you can never replace. Sorry about your car.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
It's all about perspective. Life is too short to sweat the small schit. Not that this situation doesn't suck and that picture is embarrassing, but ask yourself the following: Are you and your loved ones healthy? Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have food on the table? Do you have a job? If you answered yes to these questions your life is pretty good and a 40K dollar car in a ditch ain't so bad.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #32
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I think, maybe quit a few of us have been in an accident or two in our lifetime. At the time, never funny, afterward and everyone was okay, still not funny to me, but my friends still give me crap about it.

Also, no one on here would of even known it was you if you did not say anything. It's like "look at me, look at me, but don't say anything negative". Don't raise your hand if you don't want to be called on.

Glad no one was hurt, and I bet the next time you are in a similar situation, it turns out different, we live and learn each day.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #33
keving2873

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I can't believe people on here defending against the guy that was actually in the wreck. And for the record hrpiii, I did not post this picture up, nor did I ever want it on the forum as I did not want the people I know on here to worry about me. If they didn't know, there was no reason for them to know.

Of course I know that people take pictures and it was going to find it's way onto the Internet sooner or later, but please do not assume I started this thread and took the picture, looking for attention, because that is the last thing I wanted. So please, before you go defending yourselfs for laughing at the picture, or for other's laughing at the picture, think about what your posting and just be thankful that it is not your vehicle hanging in the balance wondering if it is going to be saved or scrapped.

Also, please don't ask me to take a perspective on my life situation, as you know nothing about me. I am thankful that my wife and I got out alright, and I know the world will not end, but this is still my car. I am the one that has put 3 years of my heart and soul into it and it is tearing my up inside right now, not any of you. So please don't talk to me about how small a situation this is. I know where it stacks up in my life.
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #34
RajunCajun

Drives: 2013 1SS
While you all are picking it apart for part....i want the engine!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #35
RajunCajun

Drives: 2013 1SS
This is a big situation to me! I slid off the highway and thought I was going to flip over and be killed! no thanks to tha assholes I work for! I called one ass in particular that was driving a 4x4 and I was told "I am at the house and I'm not coming back out! No-one offered to pay or help pay for damages! No-one offered to pay or help pay for a tow! No-one asked if I were ok! ....So I totally understand!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #36
DieselAries1

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Actually this is my car. The nannies were on and they are not the P-Zero's nice to see that everyone on here will make a joke before wondering is the passengers are ok. The car is in the ditch because I had to avoid a parked car that was literally feet away from where I landed. Had that person not been in the way, I would have made it the rest of the way down. By the time I saw all the cars in the ditch the night before, I was already started down the hill and there was no chance to turn back.

Thanks Pfadt for turning my nightmare into a good Internet joke. Camaro community indeed.

Do you still have the headlights?

I still have some good battery covers and what not I can trade from my motorcycle accident lol
Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #37
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
I remember when a member's Camaro burnt to the ground. He got nothing but support from this community. Hell, vendors got together and gave him products to replace what he lost.

No one said, "Hey! Where's the marshmallows?!"

No vendor created a meme about it...

What makes this different?

And this was all started by a vendor... WTF?
Old 02-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Reminds me of a story: My best friend and I (still in our teens) are out in a snow storm at night in his Chevy Beretta GT. He decides to do a little downhill hooning using the emergency brake but when he releases the brake, the car continues its sideways slide. The hill was huge (long, not steep) and we were doing about 25 or 30mph and it wasn't scary for either of us. We slid ALMOST straight down the street and did so for a solid 8 to 10 blocks, but he had clearly lost all control and we were ever so gently sliding towards the other side of the street (oncoming side, but there was no one else on the road due to the weather).

At the bottom of the hill, at a street corner, there was a mound of snow from recent plowing activity and behind the mound was a parked car of unknown origin. The front-half of the Beretta hits the wedge-shaped snow mound sideways, goes up the snow mound, up the hood of the parked car, up the A-pillar, and the Beretta finally comes to a rest with the front wheels on top of the car's roof and the back wheels/bumper still on the street. Because of the amount of snow, there was little to no sound and little to no jarring - it was the softest crash in recorded history.

My best friend jumps out of the car, and starts frantically shoveling the snow out from under his car with his hands. Keep in mind that we pushed a ton of snow down the hill with us and pushed over this semi-giant mound of snow, which is now all under his car which, let me remind you, is actually on TOP of the parked car. I get out, step back, and gently observe the fruitlessness that is my friend's endeavor. When he notices that I'm not helping, he yells at me to help out before someone sees us. It took everything I had to stop from laughing. As I re-told this story countless times to our other friends and acquaintances, we all laughed. Sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't. Years later, after college and life had separated us, we got together for a lunch and I told the story one last time for my wife and his fiance. He laughed his ass off.

OP. I'm sorry about your car. It sucks right now, but you're insured, and its a car, a replaceable item. I'm sorry that you had to listen to people make light of a situation you find very dark. One day, hopefully soon, you too might see some comedy in it and if you do, it will be a good thing. It would appear the car is not totaled, and with any luck, it will only take a little bodywork to get you back burning rubber in the very near future.

Last edited by Billy10mm; 02-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #39
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
I remember when a member's Camaro burnt to the ground. He got nothing but support from this community. Hell, vendors got together and gave him products to replace what he lost.

What makes this different is that I don't think the original instigators knew this was a members car. Note how different the tune is AFTER the owner posted.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #40
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
preach on brother

Quote:
I can't believe people on here defending against the guy that was actually in the wreck. And for the record hrpiii, I did not post this picture up, nor did I ever want it on the forum as I did not want the people I know on here to worry about me. If they didn't know, there was no reason for them to know.

Of course I know that people take pictures and it was going to find it's way onto the Internet sooner or later, but please do not assume I started this thread and took the picture, looking for attention, because that is the last thing I wanted. So please, before you go defending yourselfs for laughing at the picture, or for other's laughing at the picture, think about what your posting and just be thankful that it is not your vehicle hanging in the balance wondering if it is going to be saved or scrapped.

Also, please don't ask me to take a perspective on my life situation, as you know nothing about me. I am thankful that my wife and I got out alright, and I know the world will not end, but this is still my car. I am the one that has put 3 years of my heart and soul into it and it is tearing my up inside right now, not any of you. So please don't talk to me about how small a situation this is. I know where it stacks up in my life.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #41
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Been there. Done that, in a similar situation as billy10mm described except I was slowly sliding BACKWARDS down a steep hill. I bumped the car behind me and three cars ahead of me also slid backwards - the closest one hitting my car and the chain reaction ensued. It was somewhat traumatic at the time though every one was moving VERY slowly and no one was injured. Six cars in all gently kissed each other and all damage was minimal (as I hope yours is). When everyone got out of our cars and assessed the damage and determined everyone was okay... we ALL had a good laugh right there at the scene.You'll get over it and laugh about it someday as well. Lighten up and count your blessings everyone was okay. The car can be fixed.How fast were you going anyway?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #42
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post

I'm pretty sure he got the picture off the internet. And if he knew the owner was on the site, he wouldn't have made a joke about it. I mean, there is a bunch of Camaro owners on this site, but I can assure you that there is much more Camaro owners that don't know about this site, much less an actual member. What were the odds? important thing is the owner and his wife are in good health. But im pretty sure if the owner saw this picture of another car that he didn't know about, he would have laughed about it. Unfortunately, it was his. Hopefully everything turns out for the best.

In my opinion, to the owner, if the car is fixable, take this as an excuse to mod your car even further, maybe some custom fenders, mirrors with signal lights, etc...

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, parallel, park, snow