Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #15
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Hey Mike, it looks like you and I will have pretty much identical cars, sans the paint color. One question though: Your Workbench shows you chose V18 "Cooler Engine Coolant". What the heck is that? My WB does not show that. BTW: Congratulations!!!! Maybe our cars will be built the same week.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #16
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
I'm pretty sure the available sales guy who just happened to have the call transferred to him knows jack squat about the zl1 waiting list line. He just knows they have one allocation.
I know who to ask and what to ask for when I need info. Just an FYI for you, the floor sales manager is just as clueless as the receptionist when it comes to knowing allocations. The person to ask for is the inventory manager who actually orders the cars for the dealership and actually is notified when allocations for constrained vehicles are assigned. I am not interested in getting into a passing match with anyone but if we want to get down to the details of who knows what at the dealership, the inventory control manager is your friend in this case.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #17
penbralat

Drives: '15 Summit White ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I know who to ask and what to ask for when I need info. Just an FYI for you, the floor sales manager is just as clueless as the receptionist when it comes to knowing allocations. The person to ask for is the inventory manager who actually orders the cars for the dealership and actually is notified when allocations for constrained vehicles are assigned. I am not interested in getting into a passing match with anyone but if we want to get down to the details of who knows what at the dealership, the inventory control manager is your friend in this case.
DP > GM > GSM > SM
penbralat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #18
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Fair enough, chief. I only originally chimed in bc I didn't want anyone being led on by some uninformed salesman at CB instead of pursuing other viable acquisition options
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #19
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Hey Mike, it looks like you and I will have pretty much identical cars, sans the paint color. One question though: Your Workbench shows you chose V18 "Cooler Engine Coolant". What the heck is that? My WB does not show that. BTW: Congratulations!!!! Maybe our cars will be built the same week.
It was already checked along with a bunch of other items specific to or required by the ZL1 model designation. The only thing I can think of is MAYBE there is a different "coolant" required for cars headed to California, similar to different emissions requirements. Honestly though, I have no idea. Awesome to see people coming in that have gotten in early. Let me know how things progress for you and make sure to post pics when you get it. Enjoy your new ride, should be fantastic.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #20
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
Fair enough, chief. I only originally chimed in bc I didn't want anyone being led on by some uninformed salesman at CB instead of pursuing other viable acquisition options
It's all good. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #21
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
It's all good. Have a great weekend.
You too bud. And a huge congrats on your new ride!
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #22
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Congrats Mike! That is awesome.
Great post. I hope she comes home soon!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #23
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Yes congrats Mike! Great to see progress on the beast !! Now if someone can just flick that big friggin switch on the MXO then more of us will be smiling bigger !

Old 09-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
If the A10 was available at launch I could see more dealers charging an ADM due to volume of buyers, figuring 75% or so will be A10 buyers?
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #25
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
That 799.50 looks awfully like ADM....

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #26
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
That 799.50 looks awfully like ADM....
Well then I paid it on my daughters Cruz as well which they have 30 of sitting on the lot. If it makes you feel better, call it what you want but those who know how dealers work in this area know it is non-negotiable on every car so not sure that fits the definition of ADM. ��
Old 09-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Well then I paid it on my daughters Cruz as well which they have 30 of sitting on the lot. If it makes you feel better, call it what you want but those who know how dealers work in this area know it is non-negotiable on every car so not sure that fits the definition of ADM. ��
You would be absolutely correct. When the internet decided to go to invoice pricing through true car and all the other sites, dealers just regrouped and assigned a doc fee as their profit. And they won't give it up ....they may offer you other things that countermand this charge but this money goes directly to the administrative/owner of the chain or the dealership.

I had to laugh a few weeks ago, I went into work with a dealership in Richmond Virginia and right on the front door was the hours of operation, and "this dealership charges a 499 doc fee"....LOL

This post will follow with 12 to 18 people that didn't pay it .......nevertheless it is an industry standard these days.....

Last edited by Glen e; 09-09-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #28
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Wow! Dealers seem to very proud of their "Doc Fees"
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote