Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
1-4 Shifting

I have read some threads about people trying to override the 1-4 shift. Now maybe I am misreading the manual or just don't understand what the 1-4 DIC display is saying, but there are a lot of times that display shows up and I am still putting it in 2nd. I'm still in break-in so I don't want to "lug" the engine in 4th at low speed. Out of 350 miles I have, it forced me to 1-4 maybe 5 times. The rest the of the time the display does show up I am still able to throw it into 2nd. One thing I notice I did, and maybe this helps override it, it quick shift to 2nd, and that if I do a slow shift it will go to 4th. Anyone else notice this? Is it supposed to do that or am I breaking the car?
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Display will say it longer. Once you pass 19 mph it will go right in. You will know when it's blocked, it's obvious. I've only hit skip shift like twice...I pretty much always shift past that point. That low speed is like short shifting and borderline lugging the engine anyway...
Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #3
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I'm confused as well it says 1-4 but I usually just shift normal to 2nd and 3rd is that bad if I ignore it ? I feel it should only come on in tour not sport or track
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I'm confused as well it says 1-4 but I usually just shift normal to 2nd and 3rd is that bad if I ignore it ? I feel it should only come on in tour not sport or track
It comes on regardless, and is delayed as far as when it goes off...

If you can shift into second, you are going over 19 mph. Skip shift has a small window, just 15-19 mph and if you are in that window you can't shift into second, it pushes you to forth. If you aren't hitting it, you're just driving past it like me. No biggie, be happy...
Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Are you wiggling it around a little in neutral on your way to second or fourth? I've found that I can shift into second if I do a neutral wiggle.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #6
cheap

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I've been skipping second and going to third, it doesn't seem to block third at all. I'd like the details on how to deactivate it though, I know how to drive a manual and don't need nanny BS telling me what gear to choose.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I've been skipping second and going to third, it doesn't seem to block third at all. I'd like the details on how to deactivate it though, I know how to drive a manual and don't need nanny BS telling me what gear to choose.
There are inexpensive kits to deactivate it. I think it's existence allowed us to avoid gas guzzler tax when we purchased the car.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...eliminator.htm

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...iminator-cags/
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Yeah the above links are the way to fix it and people have been using those skip shift eliminators for years with no issue. I put one on my 1998 SS also. However, the other night I got under the 1LE to install it and I simply could not get my hands where they needed to be to install the eliminator. Since it's no where near as annoying as my Gen 4 SS skip shift I gave up. Not a big deal but be aware that it's a tough spot to get to. Maybe I can get my 8 year old to do it...
davef is offline   Reply With Quote