Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #57
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoto View Post
I forgot one. The fact that on startup the hvac defaults to fresh air. So when driving without the ac on you have air pushing into the car. Pressing the recirculate button fixes this. But hell it's annoying having to do it every single time on startup. Looked all through the manual to see if I could change it. No luck. Same thing with the rev match. But the rev match being off doesn't pump hot air into the car.
So you want the a/c to stay on when the car shuts off and turn on at start up? I wouldn't want that. I actually usually power down the HVAC no matter what setting I have been using, at the very least I turn the a/c off...sometimes I'll leave it on vent though.

EDIT: Also leaving the a/c on and not turning it off and letting air circulate through it could lead to a smell developing in the ducts too.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #58
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Yeah, still not used to the electric one. I just like pulling it myself and knowing it's on, not just a dash light telling me. But, it is nice not having that big brake handle on the console.
Something I noticed about this e-brake that I didn't on my Z06 is that you can actually roll release it, meaning that you don't have to actually release it with the switch, you can put in gear and start and it will release automatically nearly instantly (similar to hill brake)....

That said, I really have no complaints. I knew about pretty much all the potential foibles on purchase (no Homelink, no auto dim, base stereo, etc. I even made a list vs 2SS), but for the $, this car is amazing and just looks and drives spectacular!

Need to check into the rock chip deal, especially this time of year with all the crap on the roads. Snow again today so car is parked for a while
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #59
JCPhoto

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
So you want the a/c to stay on when the car shuts off and turn on at start up? I wouldn't want that. I actually usually power down the HVAC no matter what setting I have been using, at the very least I turn the a/c off...sometimes I'll leave it on vent though.

EDIT: Also leaving the a/c on and not turning it off and letting air circulate through it could lead to a smell developing in the ducts too.
No I don't want the ac on upon start up. I want it to go back to recirculate upon start up. I always power down my hvac usually 30 secs or so before shutting the car off. The problem is on startup 9 out 10 soon as you start driving if you forget to press recirculate it fogs up the windshield from the heat. So then you press recirculate to kill incoming air and all is well. Literally every car I've ever had (going on 20 something cars) will allow recirculate to be on during start up with the ac off.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #60
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
No I don't want the ac on upon start up. I want it to go back to recirculate upon start up. I always power down my hvac usually 30 secs or so before shutting the car off. The problem is on startup 9 out 10 soon as you start driving if you forget to press recirculate it fogs up the windshield from the heat. So then you press recirculate to kill incoming air and all is well. Literally every car I've ever had (going on 20 something cars) will allow recirculate to be on during start up with the ac off.
Oh, I see...I haven't noticed that as I haven't used recirc yet. But even without using it I am not getting any real fogging. And I have driven it when the outside temps were into the 80's. Guess there are other variables...

Are you just turning off the a/c, or powering the whole hvac down?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #61
JCPhoto

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Oh, I see...I haven't noticed that as I haven't used recirc yet. But even without using it I am not getting any real fogging. And I have driven it when the outside temps were into the 80's. Guess there are other variables...

Are you just turning off the a/c, or powering the whole hvac down?
Yeah I'm sure it's very dependent on the environment you're in. I live in central Florida and it's been in the 80's with a bunch of humidity.
I power the whole hvac down.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #62
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure it's very dependent on the environment you're in. I live in central Florida and it's been in the 80's with a bunch of humidity.
I power the whole hvac down.
I'm in CFL too...east coast though.

If you power it all down, it can't remember settings, my daily driver Fusion is the same way. Seems a lot of the newer electronic HVAC systems are like this as they rely on electronics, not psychical knobs and such. Just turn off the a/c by hitting the a/c button, but leave the HVAC power on. That should leave the vent/recirc on I think.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #63
mustangcrusher1

Drives: 2017 camaro SS blue w/white stripes
Is this a mustang forum? I love my 17 Camaro 1SS, its perfect as is... well maybe a procharger!!!
mustangcrusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #64
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcrusher1 View Post
Is this a mustang forum?
What's your point? Since it is a Camaro forum people can't talk about what aspects of their cars they don't like? It's all minor stuff as you can see, I love mine too...
Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #65
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Is this a mustang forum? I love my 17 Camaro 1SS, its perfect as is... well maybe a procharger!!!
I don't find any car to be perfect and obviously knew about the handbrake going in. These are small complaints and I don't regret my purchase as of today.

Have you seen the Whipple? 2.9L, 600 whp

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/01/...ro-zl1-killer/
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #66
cheap

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
The lack of a soft close feature on the center console hinge.

I can't find an automatic car wash that doesn't have wheel guides that will try to gouge my wheels.

First-to-fourth trans lock out (I've heard it is defeatable but haven't researched it much yet, usually just skip 2nd for 3d anyways).
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #67
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
UPDATE* YES I think the STEREO SUCKS, I was listening with the car in my garage but once I got moving it just didnt do it for me!!! not sure what to replace any suggestions? They want to sell me on a whole new system I don't really want a whole sub in the trunk
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #68
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
More references to other cars and pics of them in this forum than any other forum I've used. This is a Camaro Gen 6 forum not a "I used to own a __ and it had x,y, and z features and here's 3 paragraphs on the ups and downs of x and here's a pic of a Pontiac..."
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #69
Steelankles

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Center console is tiny and access to it is crazy trying lift huge arm rest to get in it.

other than that its awesome
Youtube: Steelankles
https://youtube.com/c/steelankles
Steelankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #70
davef

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Garnet Red
Center console is definitely hinged wrong. And why isn't there a sunglasses holder in the ceiling?

That's it, that's all I got.
davef is offline   Reply With Quote