Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Aftermarket sound system

Has anyone put a sound system in their 1LE?. I get it, no radio just listen to that engine. And that's how i am with all my cars and will be when i get my 1le in a few weeks. But i'm big when it comes to sound systems. I'm young and all, but I don't want a good system to be loud and obnoxious i'm the opposite of that. Yeah i know what kind of car i bought lol but still.

Any of you guys put one in? Cause i know you get the factory radio with the 1LE and most factory upgraded bose or "beats" or whichever one you want to call it, they don't impress me.

No one here knows me, but i'm the type of person that when I get anything, i want it to be the best. If i'm replacing something, why get the okayish one. If your doing it, get the best one! Thats my kind of mentality. And always get the high end stuff. Cheap stuff ain't worth a thing.

My last car I did the system over. I went Alpine Type R with a type r subwoofer and alpine amp. I don't know much about systems, its loud and sounds amazing thats all lol. This system did it for me. Clarity at high volume is what impressed me. Sounded better and better the louder you crank it. I must have paid 2000 for it.

Anyone do the system over? what speakers does it come with? What did you guys replace? tell me it sounds good! it will make me more excited to do mine!
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
Casalino

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/spr-60/

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/sbr-s8-4/

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrv-v500/

This was basically my old system. It was in a volvo c30 2 door hatchback! lol this thing CRANKED! In such a small area, and these swedes built the car strong and solid. It held the sound. I only had 4 of those main speakers, 2 tweeters, the amp and the sub in the hatch. It was a killer lol. What's nice about the subwoofer. It comes in that box all carpeted and what not. My shop put extra speaker wire to give it slack. So i was able to slide it around in the trunk to allow myself space for whatever object. Also could be unplugged out of the back and taken out if you need the whole trunk. It was perfect

Unless you guys have other suggestions or systems you use, i plan on driving my car back to that shop and tell them i want this again.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I plan to do front door speakers + amp + sound deadening after I get this thing opticoated. I was looking at Helix E62C, Morel Tempo 602, and JL Audio C2650.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Casalino

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I plan to do front door speakers + amp + sound deadening after I get this thing opticoated. I was looking at Helix E62C, Morel Tempo 602, and JL Audio C2650.
See in my head i think, if your doing the front door speakers, why not change all the speakers?

I'm not familiar with those brands. JL Audio i know but i never messed with it
Old 12-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #5
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
See in my head i think, if your doing the front door speakers, why not change all the speakers?

I'm not familiar with those brands. JL Audio i know but i never messed with it
Not sure if the speakers by the windshield are a standard size. I don't like Alpine except for head units, their sound is too sharp for me.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
cheap

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I just bought the front-facing box from sub thump (dot com) and am going to put two 12" SSA Icons in it soon.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #7
Casalino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I just bought the front-facing box from sub thump (dot com) and am going to put two 12" SSA Icons in it soon.
Any speakers? i can't imagine keeping the factory speakers. I don't want that heavy bass with weak cheap speakers
Old 12-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #8
cheap

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Icons are speakers. I'm not looking to upgrade everything right out of the gate, just trying to address significant deficiencies. Overall I'm super happy with the car!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
I'm going to start with Soundskins. I bought 3 rolls for Christmas and when I get some time in January I'm going to do a full write up on it. IMO I've done this is previous cars with some great outcomes.
tx6g1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #10
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I like Image Dynamics speakers, I have amps taken care of (old Audisons)
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #11
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Ugh yeah the sound system is awful but I'm not going to jump at it just yet. I'll be seeing what solutions you guys come up with though and maybe I'll follow along. I'm definition no sound pioneer (pun intended)
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote