Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #15
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
We've got you covered guys! Vortech offers a 3 Year, 36,000 mile powertrain warranty as an option with all of our complete systems purchased and installed through any of our Top Tier Installers. This warranty covers not just the engine, but transmission as well. That way, you can feel completely comfortable supercharging your new Camaro with a Vortech System once it is released.
So Brian, when will the V6 version be out? LOL!

I think my 2005 V6 Mustang is still on your site!

By golly it is!

http://www.vortechengineering.com/gl...?gik=147&cat=4
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
Should of gotten a mustang, ford will install and warranty the supercharger. 435 hp. You can get a stripped gt for 21500 and 7000 for supercharger.
Too Many mustangs and I would have bought one if I wanted one.

If I wanted to save money I would have bought a darn yugo!

I am not going to start another mustand vs Camaro thread.

My Buddy has a Shelby Mustang Convertible that I have spent alot of time driving. I must say it is a blast to drive.

I will keep my opinion to myself as to which I think is a better vehicle because....It is just my opinion.

I actually almost bought a shelby after getting very tired of qwaiting for my camaro, so I have nothing against mustang other than there is just toooooo many of them. Every where you look mustang mustang mustang with very subtle diferentiations between the models.

Besides I have several Camaro's and two of them are supercharged.

I wanted a nice car...I paid for it cash...Under MSRP and even with the Mods added in I am still below msrp on a similarly equiped Shelby Mustang.

But...That is not the point.

I like them both and maybe some day I will have one of each....But No regrets in this Camp on my Blown camaro.

I have less than 45 grand in the whole package...Blower headers, exhaust,flow through cats, air intake and over 570 Rear wheel horse power....Not to be confused with advertised flywheel horsepower.

Traded some cars in so I didn't have to pay much in Taxes. Dealer sold them for me before my car even arrived and in both cases put more money in my pocket then I was even asking for...Even got 10% off my first accesory purchase ( Blower)

Marketing Dept. Sent me a 10% off coupon via E Mail...Should have seen the service managers face when I gave it to them.

I don't think they were expecting that...More like a car cover or something....

My opinion if I had a choice I would take one of each ....they are both very different cars and drive dramatically different.

( Plus 435 horse just don't cut it in my book...Takes more than that to get my heart beating. I Know 2010 shelby's are 540 at the crank)

I am doing better than that!

Hence....One of Each...!

They are all a blast!

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Waiting for your 100,000 mile warranty to expire is like waiting until your in the nursing home to take up extreme sports! LOL!

And if you break your motor at 101,000 miles it's still going to cost the same to fix as if you broke it at 10,000 miles with a supercharger... ????
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #18
addictedtoboost

Drives: Red and black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I'd rather just install it myself? why pay an extra 4-5k for someone else to do it? your choice though.
I can't help but be curious where you came up with the Idea that it costs anywhere near 4-5K for a supercharger install.

We charge an Average of 1000.00 to 1500.00. depending on supercharger and vehicle.

Ted.
addictedtoboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
my local dealership REFUSED to fix my Air Conditioning today, because i have a supercharger...

Edit: my local dealership in Riverside is SingH Chevrolet ( i would try to avoid them )

Last edited by 69 Camaro 09; 08-01-2009 at 08:30 PM.
69 Camaro 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 View Post
my local dealership REFUSED to fix my Air Conditioning today, because i have a supercharger...
So now you ask them, in writing, for proof of how the S/C could have caused the A/C to fail. Request the reply in writing. Ask for the mailing address of, and cc your letter to the GM rep for your region.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
....I would fight that man.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
here's a good resource:

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
Old 07-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Really? That would blow me away if they told me that! Can't even begin to see how a supercharger has anything to do with the AC (other than the belts and stuff but I mean how it could be the liability for the AC to need warranty work).

Was it related to the belts? If so then yeah...I can see their point but if not...then I would fight that one!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #24
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkes View Post
Technically they (the dealer) has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem that you are trying to get warranted. They are not permitted to refuse service because of aftermarket parts that may be installed and the onus is on the dealership to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue. Don't get me wrong, they will try to get out of it, but if you know your rights you can have them do the right thing.

Look up the moss-magnison act for more info...

You will find that a supercharger will probably void your powertrain warranty but it wouldn't void other aspects of the warranty.
Actually this only applies to a certified replacement part. It does not apply to every aftermarket part. The SC would have to have an E.O. number. None do so far.

Also note that Drivetrain warranties offered by the manufacturers are usually a insurance carrier. Do some home work ahead of time. You will be dealing with insurance company not the SC manufacturer. Some are good, some have a history of finding any reason to deny the claim.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
So now you ask them, in writing, for proof of how the S/C could have caused the A/C to fail. Request the reply in writing. Ask for the mailing address of, and cc your letter to the GM rep for your region.

- SK
Im too lazy to do that.. but i would love to haha

Its ok though, i just went to my dealership that sold me my car, and they were an amazing help as always (just sucks i had to drive all the way there when i had a dealership 10minutes away)

Edit: My amazing dealership is Camino Real ! <3 them

Last edited by 69 Camaro 09; 08-01-2009 at 08:31 PM.
69 Camaro 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
Should of gotten a mustang, ford will install and warranty the supercharger. 435 hp. You can get a stripped gt for 21500 and 7000 for supercharger.

:troll:
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #27
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
I've read conflicting information about whether or not adding a supercharger voids the factory warranty. Does anyone have an official answer on this? I also read that there are some superchargers on the market that WILL NOT void the factory warranty, I find this hard to believe.

Does anyone have an idea of the cost for a supercharger including the labor cost to install it?

Russ
I would make a short trip over to Illinois and see this Dealership, its only 2 states away. Looks like they'll install this MagnaCharger S/C and back up the warranty!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33484

Do your research man - it pays!!

Last edited by Rookie13; 08-01-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added the name of the S/C
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #28
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkes View Post
Technically they (the dealer) has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem that you are trying to get warranted. They are not permitted to refuse service because of aftermarket parts that may be installed and the onus is on the dealership to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue. Don't get me wrong, they will try to get out of it, but if you know your rights you can have them do the right thing.

Look up the moss-magnison act for more info...

You will find that a supercharger will probably void your powertrain warranty but it wouldn't void other aspects of the warranty.

You are right on the money with that explaination.
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote