Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
doz

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
I drove a 2015 2ss1LE today. It was my first ride in the newer Camaro so I have some questions about th 1LE.

Is the suspension tough to live with on a day to day basis?
**No, and if it is at first, you adjust.

When depressing the clutch, it seems like there was no friction zone. It was either in or out. My Mini Coopers clutch has the same pedal resistance for the full range of motion. The Camaro s clutch required a harder initial force followed by a very light resistance in the friction zone then a harder pedal press at the end of travel. I’m sure Its just something to get used to.
**Yeah, pretty normal. Again, you adjust to it. At first, it was almost like I did not know how to operate a clutch. It is an adjustment depending upon what you came from but normal.

Does your 1le rattle a little. I’m sure whatever is rattling around was caused by the tight suspension. Man that’s stiff!
**I had no rattles until our wreck. Now just a door panel that did not get insulation put back in. Have stuff to fix, just need to do it.

How does the 1LE’s suspension compare to a regular ss suspension? Is there a big difference?
**Big difference? Depends upon how you drive. Most people won't notice it though, only car guys.

To me, the exhaust was LOUD. I literally mouthed “holy $hit” when I started it. My first thought was, I’m going to piss off the neighbors. Do your neighbors complain about the noise? It had dual mode exhaust. I don’t know what mode it was in. It sounded beautiful. The videos don’t do the exhaust sound any justice.
**Fukc the neighbors. If you want quiet, go get a Prius.

The car reminded me so much of my buddy’s 67 Camaro back when I was in high school. It felt stiff somewhat heavy and even rattled a little just like the 67. I wasn’t expecting it to feel like a raw muscle car. I was expecting a more refined driving experience. I Was smiling the whole time.
**I am still smiling when I drive mine after almost 3 years.

I can’t wait to see how it rails compared to the Mini Cooper. The ss is crazy!! All that available power the handling and the exhaust. Just wow. I was so floored that it reminded me of driving a 67 Camaro.
**Your mini-cooper does not handle or move compared to a 1LE.

I loved the hud and it burbles just like my mini, only much nicer. Visibility wasn’t bad at all.

Just WOW!
Just my opinions.
doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I would like to add that the clutch at 60K miles is not as much the on / off switch it was when newer.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I would like to add that the clutch at 60K miles is not as much the on / off switch it was when newer.
Yeah... maybe it's just me, but after several thousand miles (@ 35k), it seems it has lost some of that on/off switch to me.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #18
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
I'm replacing my clutch right now @ 25k
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #19
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I was going to post some replies but it sounded all crazy ass fanboy so i'll just say
buy it if you like it.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #20
jpimlott

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE Red Hot Camaro
I own a 2014 1LE and it is everything you describe.
The npp exhaust has a third party controller for the npp open close or auto.
I recently rented a normal car and it was boring. When I got home and drove my car after a week I am like wow that is so much better. The question to ask is:
Does your turn you on when you turn it on. Mine sure does. It is much more than simply driving to the office. The there is all the stares you get while driving. Love them. Then all the questions about when just getting gas. People wanting selfies with it......
Old 05-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #21
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Don't forget the questions about the carbon fiber hood!
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
The 1LE is probably one of the most understated, misunderstood options out there. It's so much more than just a trim package. I LOVE my 1LE.. It's my second Camaro, the difference from the Gen5 SS to the 1LE is pretty noticeable. The clutch is definitely tight and abrupt but you get used to it. I don't have any rattles and I replaced my exhaust with open pipes...
I have the recaro's and the suspension is definitely stiff, but my other vehicle for the past 6 years was a Jeep Wrangler.. so.. you know.
If you're driving down a bad road, you definitely feel it, but other than that you really just get used to it.
The 1LE club is exclusive.... Up to you whether you want to join or not.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #23
Baggerjack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Thanks fellas. Yeah. I got the mini when gas was very expensive in 09. It was and still is fun to drive. However I miss the power of a v8. The mini struggles to rocket past 95mph. It may be due to aerodynamics but its engine is topping out. And it’s straining.

Does anyone know if the dual mode exhaust was a separate option or was it included in a package.

The hunt is on for a black, red or gray 2ss/1LE ��
I wouldn't call it a rocket by any means, but to say it struggles to get past 95 doesn't seem honest unless it's the non S Mini. I had a 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman S in Germany and had it doing 150 mph on the Autobahn. I really enjoyed that car, but was very happy to get my first Camaro and love the performance and handling of the 1LE.
Crystal Red Tintcoat, NPP, Recaro Seats, Sunroof and SLP Skip Shift, ZL1 rockers, TSP Stage 4 "F35" cam, PRC 260cc heads, GPI radically ported LS3 Intake, K&N CAI and JDP Motorsports Stage 2 Clutch Reservoir Kit, TSP Longtubes, off road connectors and high flow cats, aFe POWER Solid Subframe mounts, Brembo 6 piston calipers and two piece rotors
Baggerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 AM   #24
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
1LE is a great car. My friends at GM told me at the time of my second Camaro order that I might not like it since winter was coming and the rougher ride. So I went ahead and just got a 2013 2SS with NPP. Well it was not long before I put in the 3.91 GM rear end, full GM 1LE suspension and went to 10" rims all the way around and 285/35 tires.

The car handles just like a 1LE now and it is night and day over the stock 2SS.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #25
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggerjack View Post
I wouldn't call it a rocket by any means, but to say it struggles to get past 95 doesn't seem honest unless it's the non S Mini. I had a 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman S in Germany and had it doing 150 mph on the Autobahn. I really enjoyed that car, but was very happy to get my first Camaro and love the performance and handling of the 1LE.
You're right maybe struggles is the wrong choice word. It feels like it tops out after 100 or so. I can't imagine that car going faster than 120MPH. The engine is just screaming at that point. Are you sure your were going that fast? I love passing when going over 60MPH, when the turbo spools up, the thing just accelerates like crazy. It is a very fun car.

I was going to test drive 3 cars when I was looking for a new car 9 years ago. The Mini, the GTI and the Civic SI. I never made it past the Mini dealership. after a test drive, I ordered my JCW online the next day. If the tight suspension is an indicator, this will be a fun car. I can't wait until it gets here.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote