Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do cops pull you over more because you drive a Camaro?
Yes. 38 15.02%
No. 174 68.77%
They do, but because of my driving. 32 12.65%
Other 9 3.56%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #85
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
How else can you explain getting pulled over five times for no front plate? My wife drives a Yukon we've had it since 2005 and she's never had a front plate and never been pulled over.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #86
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Just a point. 90% of all crimes are solved by traffic stops.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #87
ChevyCamaroGirl

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS RS BLACK
I was stopped the other day and first thing I thought was "Oh sh*t, what did I do?"

He just wanted to tell me how awesome my car is.
ChevyCamaroGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #88
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
If you are speeding, appear to be a white/black/asian male age 18-99 you could get pulled over regardless of what you are driving because most cops these days are white/black/asian males who dont give a shit what you are driving or what you look like but I do think if you are driving a piece of shit car on the wrong side of the road with an expired tag and missing left fender, you will get pulled over if you are NOT speeding....and chances are...if you are on the wrong side of the road, have an expired tag and missing left fender you have a shit ton of dope from Columbia hidden in what you thought was a hell of a hiding spot.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #89
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
If you are speeding, appear to be a white/black/asian male age 18-99 you could get pulled over regardless of what you are driving because most cops these days are white/black/asian males who dont give a shit what you are driving or what you look like but I do think if you are driving a piece of shit car on the wrong side of the road with an expired tag and missing left fender, you will get pulled over if you are NOT speeding....and chances are...if you are on the wrong side of the road, have an expired tag and missing left fender you have a shit ton of dope from Columbia hidden in what you thought was a hell of a hiding spot.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #90
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
Just a point. 90% of all crimes are solved by traffic stops.
I don't know where you got that statistic from, but I wouln't be suprised. I'm not saying profiling doesn't work, just that it happens.

If people think they only get pulled over based on their behavior and it has nothing to do with their car or appearance they are in la la land.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #91
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
I got pulled over in my V6 about a month ago at a stupid speed trap [long story, too boring to type out]. And today, I ALMOST got pulled over. I took off on a right turn at a stoplight and was right past 40mph in no time flat [it was a 40mph zone], and I looked in my rear view mirror and a cop came speeding up behind me where he rode my ass for a couple of minutes. I thought for sure he was going to get me for going like 43 in a 40 just because I took off like a bullet. I guess he was checking to see if I was going to exceed the limit past that... My heart was pounding. I haven't even been to court for my other ticket yet! I gotta watch that right foot, man...
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #92
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
yeah, I was drunk. lol!
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #93
BAPD77

Drives: 2013 Yellow ZL1/2015 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
How else can you explain getting pulled over five times for no front plate? My wife drives a Yukon we've had it since 2005 and she's never had a front plate and never been pulled over.

Russ
Doesnt matter its a violation, get the front plate and it wont be an issue.
BAPD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #94
BAPD77

Drives: 2013 Yellow ZL1/2015 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK007 View Post
Got pulled over for green fog light halos. Not a law that says there illegal. Went to court, and the judge cleared it. Cops hate cars that are different or flashier than the rest. They become an instant target.
Cops do not hate flashy cars, most are car enthusiasts....smh.
BAPD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #95
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
I'm with BAPD77 a lot of cops are car enthusiasts and enjoy the hobby of owning one. What people forget is that when you are riding around with obvious violations that you don't always get pulled over for that, each officer has the choice to stop you for this. Now the young rookie might stop you right away for that tinted glass or no plate but the older more experienced officer will wait and use that violation as his PC when the possibility is there for more than just a ticket for this violation.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #96
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
I don't know where you got that statistic from, but I wouln't be suprised. I'm not saying profiling doesn't work, just that it happens.

If people think they only get pulled over based on their behavior and it has nothing to do with their car or appearance they are in la la land.
you are right about la la land. Police go by stats (if you want to call it profiling so be it). Any car in a high crime area a 2 am has a good chance of getting stopped. Doing 35 in a 35 at noon . Your odds drop. Pull out of a bar at 2 am . Don't care if its a caddy, chevy, ford or moped or what age or color you are you are asking to get stopped. Police also run your plate before they pull you over. Fyi. Got a record pulled over. As for the 90% I have heard police dept say that number
Between 80 and 90%.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #97
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I'm genuinely curious, what insurance company even accepts 8 tickets?
Like I said, 5 of them I didn't do. We showed up with evidence, pictures, and witnesses and got out of those 5. The other 2 the cop didn't show up, and the ONLY one on my record is a rolled stopsign, which I did. I attended 4 hours of driving school and got back on the road. Since I am under 18 I have to go to court every time and my insurance hasn't risen.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #98
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
I've been profiled before. Stopped me for a silly reason, having a clear license plate cover. He was obviously looking for drugs, weapons, or wondering what I was doing driving a Camaro at my age. Got an official warning for the plate cover so I took it off.

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote