The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
CamaroRS/SS10

Drives: '13 Hot Wheels & '14 Z/28
Stories about Nice Cops!?

I got pulled over after doing a burn out on the road behind the mall and I didn't see the cop in the mall parking lot. So I got pulled over and gave all my stuff to him to see him bringing me a couple tickets back to me. The first one was a warning for having a tinted cover on my tags, the second was for noise (Tires). We'll you know I thought that was awesome because he could have gotten me for many other things that would have costed more and gone on my driving record. Noise tickets don't hurt or show up on insurance. I ran in to him a couple weeks later and thanked him and told him way. He said he wanted me to be safer but didn't want to ruin my record because of having fun and hurting anyone or anything.
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro #63 SS 6-Speed. All stock and keeping it that way.

2014 Z/28 #119 A/C car(not by choice, ordered wrong) All stock and plan to keep it that way. The kid in me wants to mod the Hell out of it but the adult says it will be worth more years down the road. The 2 of them need to stop fighting!
1983 Chevrolet C10 lowered and restoring.
1986 Chevrolet K10 6 in lift, 35's,restored daily driver for my son.
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro. Life Size Toy..
2014 Z/28 my weekend stress reliever!
2015 Checy Sonic RS
2015 Chevy Equinox
CamaroRS/SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I use to live in a gated community and on the exit side of the gates its 15 mph. Well I failed to slow down and kept going the previous 45mph limit (I was really doing 50). It was night time and before I had my radar detector so I didn't see anyone and next thing I know this cop F250 turns on its lights and starts climbing out of the ditch.

He ended up writing me a warning, thank god or else I wouldn't have a Camaro because of insurance. I loosely knew the police officer because he had a few shifts a week at my high school, so I assume that had a little to do with it.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
This thread will blow up in 3, 2, 1...
Old 12-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
My dad, just recently retired from the local police department, had informed the captain there that I bought a new Camaro SS (This was back in 2011).

The captain hands my dad a stack of PBA cards and said "Here, he might need these"

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
I live in New Jersey where it is required to have a front plate and window tint on the drivers compartment is against the law. I am on my way home from a car show and I pass by a police officer who just finished with somebody he stopped as a go by, about a mile up the road I see him slide out from behind a van traveling behind me he slips back in flips the lights on and pulls me over.
The officer comes up to me and asks do you know why I stopped you my reply No I don't, he tells me about the tint and I handed him my tint permit and he said do you also have a permit for the missing front plate? My reply was No I don't have that one, he goes to the patrol car sits down gets right back out comes back to give me what I thought would be a ticket but didn't he said nice car and by the way can you try to put the plate on sir.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #6
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Knock on wood, I have been very fortunate. I have 95% tint on my windows (I think Pa law allows up to 70...) and it gets a lot of attention. I was in a police station visiting one of my cop buddies (it's always good to know cops!) when this one cop walks in a huffy. He said he was going to impound the Camaro parked out front because of the tint. So I asked why he would do such a thing to my car. His attitude changed and I joked that he could take my car if he could catch me ... playful banter back and forth

I was also doing 20+ over the limit right past a cop. For certain I thought I was getting a ticket because he pulled out with lights ablazin. I roll down my windows and he just drives right by me.

Doing volunteer work and being in the military has allowed me to interact with all kinds of law enforcement, so I've been able to build up my network!

Also, it helps to step out of the Camaro in a cute dress and stilettos.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I will say I would rather deal with a county deputy then any local or state officers. Nothing but good experiences from them.

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
WindyCityPilot

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
I got pulled over doing 50 in a 35. Officer took my info and went back to his car. He came back about 5 minutes later with a written warming and told me I had a nice car and that he knows it can go really really slow from now on. I told him yes it can go really really slow and I was on my way. If I would have been in my daily driver I would have had a ticket for sure.
WindyCityPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
my old Camaro I was playing around on the island and got pulled over and the office asked me if I knew why I was pulled over and politely told him yes I was speeding. what is a YOUNG lady like you doing speeding down here. I told him I was trying to get back to mom's house before curfew. "Who's you mom?" I tell him her name and he says slow it down kiddo get home before she gets you and tell her I said HI!!! (My mom trained the mounted posse' on the island for years) she was well known and I was usually with her for all the events.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
While coming back from Camaro5Fest II in Arizona, 3 of us were traveling together and just crossed back into Texas and we saw a Texas State Trooper coming up on us. We weren't speeding and as he pulled up to each of our cars one at at time and looked over at us, he passed us and got in front of us and slowed down. We all went back around him and he pulled us all over for not having a front license plate on our vehicles. He let us all off with a warning and he told us he is glad he didn't have to chase us !! He was super cool and let us off with a warning and a nice picture !!
Attached Images

Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
What gone ever the English language to?
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I had an interesting run in with an Oklahoma Trooper a number of years back. We were driving back from California with a bunch of chemicals my sister-in-law had made in her lab for my mom(she works for Clorox) and a bunch of bootleg beer they didn't sell on the east coast at the time. The chemicals were kind of unmarked and off the books. Maybe we could have gotten trouble.

Truth was he pulled us over because we were in the panhandle area with Alabama plates and they automatically assume you're running drugs there. He got me probably doing 10mph over, no ticket came out of it once he realized we weren't cartel mules. I just didn't tell him about the condoms full of coke in my anal cavity.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I had an interesting run in with an Oklahoma Trooper a number of years back. We were driving back from California with a bunch of chemicals my sister-in-law had made in her lab for my mom(she works for Clorox) and a bunch of bootleg beer they didn't sell on the east coast at the time. The chemicals were kind of unmarked and off the books. Maybe we could have gotten trouble.

Truth was he pulled us over because we were in the panhandle area with Alabama plates and they automatically assume you're running drugs there. He got me probably doing 10mph over, no ticket came out of it once he realized we weren't cartel mules. I just didn't tell him about the condoms full of coke in my anal cavity.
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #14
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
1992 or 93..67mph in a 30...and I had slowed down for the turn before I saw the cop. The cop had to actually get in his car and drive to where I stopped, that's how fast I was going, it took a while to stop. I was in a hotrodded muscle car with scoops, headers, blah blah

We talked a few minutes about why I was tearing ass and he basically said "knock it off" and walked away