Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Toby

Drives: Camaro LS
Wink HELP! Which look is considered more "Badass" ?

Hey guys. As a new member, I need your help as a brother.

After 5 days, I'm gonna purchase the 2014 Camaro LS (Manual Trans.), But I'm not sure which color should I pick. I'll either choose:

1) Red Camaro with Black rims
2) Black Camaro with Black rims

So which of those styles do you think looks better, although I know they both look great.

Name:  camaro-zl1-ab.jpg
Views: 20405
Size:  253.4 KB

Name:  Chevy-Camaro-Black-DV-09-NAIAS_0014.jpg
Views: 18271
Size:  191.6 KB

Anyway, I would love to read your feedback guys, and would be thankful for any advice. Thank You!
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
My two favorite Camaro colors! You can't go wrong with either. If you're keeping the LS wheels, the black looks a little better with them, in my opinion. But Victory Red is my favorite color out of every Camaro color... So there's that. You'll love it no matter which you choose. Just remember, black is really hard to keep clean.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Never was a huge fan of black Camaros, so I'd go with the red. However, keep in mind that the pictures you posted look nothing like a 2014 LS. That's a ZL1, and SS (without a mail slot?) you've got there... you gotta see them in person and decide for yourself, after all your'e the one living with it in the end, not me. To each his own... Good luck with the purchase!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
You can't go wrong either way. I like the darker metallic red with blackout wheels, badges, and tinted windows (as you can see from the picture of mine). I also really like black on black (especially the 1LE look).

Congrats in advance!
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
the color of the wheels probably doesn't matter as the LS comes with black steelies, which I'm sure you'll change. so basically, it comes down to weather you want a red or black car. IMO, black is simply the best color on this kind of car. but if there were a close runner up, it would be red. the downside with black though, is the cleaning. I happen to own a red car and a black car, and as far as care and looks go the red is much better. blemishes in the paint, and swirl marks hardly show.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Black on Black

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I love black, BUT, I have no plans to ever buy another one. They look great but are a pain to keep clean. And then there are the swirl marks.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Silve Ice Metallic! (Sorry... couldn't resist)
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Red on black. Attention grabber and the simplicity of cleaning.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
no question Black, But keep in mind a darker paint job requires a bit more time and energy to keep in pristine condition as Everything shows up. I loved my black roadster.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
SIM2LS13

Drives: 2013 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Silve Ice Metallic! (Sorry... couldn't resist)
LOL I agree on this color choice!
SIM2LS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
the color of the wheels probably doesn't matter as the LS comes with black steelies, which I'm sure you'll change. so basically, it comes down to weather you want a red or black car. IMO, black is simply the best color on this kind of car. but if there were a close runner up, it would be red. the downside with black though, is the cleaning. I happen to own a red car and a black car, and as far as care and looks go the red is much better. blemishes in the paint, and swirl marks hardly show.
They changed the wheels for the 2014 LS, no more black steels.

I think both of the colors look badass. Just remember the pictures you are looking at are far from what your LS will look like. No hood vent, fog lights, etc.

I suggest using the build feature on chevy's site and that will give you a better idea.

Either way, I wish I could relive the feeling you are having right now time after time, getting to pick colors and options for what was for me, my dream car is incredible. Take it all in! It just gets better once you have the keys
Old 11-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Never was a huge fan of black Camaros, so I'd go with the red. However, keep in mind that the pictures you posted look nothing like a 2014 LS. That's a ZL1, and SS (without a mail slot?) you've got there... you gotta see them in person and decide for yourself, after all your'e the one living with it in the end, not me. To each his own... Good luck with the purchase!
Its actually a V6 with the GM GFX kit and 21" wheels...but who's checking???
Old 11-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I do not care for black rims......

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, camaro ls, manual transmission, red