The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 06-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
BigEastVette

Drives: 2017 Z06 3LZ BLACK ROSE, FORD F250
2017 COLOR CHOICE DECISION

I am on the cusp of ordering my 2017 Z06 at the first open order date , July 28th I believe, but cannot make a decision on colors. I am leaning toward the Black Rose Metallic just because its a new color for '17, and seems to look really good, but also looks really purple at times. I also like some of the other new colors as well, so I just thought I would look for some input from my fellow online Corvette owners to see what everyone else likes & thinks about colors........

Thanks in advance for the feedback
Old 06-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
I saw Black Rose Metallic at the Bash in Bowling Green in April. Loved the color...looked great on the car and definitely catches your eye from a distance. I just wouldn't own it. Just like those people who have black C7's - nothing looks better than a shiny black Corvette and my hats off to those who keeping them looking sweet. But, I think that those owners will tell you that it takes a lot of work.

It appeared to me that Black Rose Metallic would fall into that same category. Nothing would look better and at the same time it could look worse.

Just my $.02.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
BigEastVette

I agree, my F250 platinum is black metallic, looks fine when it is clean & polished, but not so much when its dirty......... but, I take better care of my corvette, it gets cleaned and polished weekly, stays in the garage, and is only allowed out on sunny days, so the dark color will always be ready to show. I'm also looking at the Long Beach Red, Admiral Blue, or the Watkins Glen Gray. I guess this is a good problem to be facing,,,,,,, what color will my new Z06 Corvette be ?? Not a dilemma that everyone has the opportunity to decide on.

any additional input from you guys would be appreciated

thanks
Old 06-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
I currently have a '16 Z06 - Midnight Race Blue Metallic (discontinued). Depending on the light, it looks black. Prior to this car I had a '08 Z51 - Crystal Red Metallic. I said I'd never own a black car but the darker the color, the harder to maintain. On the positive side, I think the darker colors look much better than lighter colors when both are clean.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #5
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEastVette View Post
I'm also looking at the Long Beach Red, Admiral Blue, or the Watkins Glen Gray.
As you can see, I am a little partial to the Long Beach Red. But then my taste kind of runs the spectrum as I also have a 2014 Velocity Yellow.

When it comes down to it, the C7 looks great in any color. It just a matter of choosing what appeals to you and I guess that is where you are at right now. The choice is yours.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
BigEastVette

I am a little bummed that Chevy dropped the Brownstone interior. I have it now in my Z51 and love it, I get a lot of compliments on it at car shows. Planned on getting it again no matter what exterior I decided on, but now I have to decide on an interior as well. That color would have looked great with the Black Rose I think. I guess not enough cars were sold with Brownstone so they gave it the boot.....
Old 06-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
johnzz

Drives: 15 C7, 72 Cutlass
I'm partial to the brighter colors, since it shows the contrast with the black vents. Went with Torch Red with Kalahari on my 15 Stingray and love it.
johnzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #8
fredhere

Drives: 2016 Blade silver/adrenaline red A8
I sold my 2010 370Z with black cherry exterior color. Hell to keep clean just sitting in my AZ garage. If it was seen at night it looked black. So happy I sold it to buy blade silver 2016 with red interior.
fredhere is offline   Reply With Quote