Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #57
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPilot View Post
Its retarded to have it codified into law. You do not want to get your ass out in the cold? Pay more for full service...do not use the barrel of a gun (i.e. govt edict) to force others to do the same.
We're not forcing them. They're getting paid.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #58
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I think he meant forcing other motorists to not pump their gas, not forcing the employees to do it.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
I think he meant forcing other motorists to not pump their gas, not forcing the employees to do it.
This...I should have been clearer.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #60
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
some places like lukoil or sunoco don't care, but if you go to a wawa then you got a 50/50 chance of them letting you, but wawa gas guys wouldn't do such a thing. they do it the correct way, gently.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #61
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Its retarded to have it codified into law. You do not want to get your ass out in the cold? Pay more for full service...do not use the barrel of a gun (i.e. govt edict) to force others to do the same.
I'd bet if you dug deep enough you'd find this was codified into law in other places at one time or another.

My guess is that NJ and OR still refuse to take for granted that the average lowest common denominator driver will ALWAYS put his smoke out before opening the car's fill pipe and starting the pump. Sign? What sign?

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #62
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
I live in Oregon & the attendant was nervous about putting gas in my Challenger SRT8 which made me nervous. Sure enough they didn't insert the nozzle all the way in so when it clicked full the nozzle popped out nicking the side of my car & my rim causing $2,500 damage.

They did cut me a check for the damages. I was already getting 2 of my rims repaired paid for by the tire dealer that scratched them when they replaced my tires and they repaired the 3rd rim for no extra charge.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #63
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
It is illegal in both states to pump your own gas. Only "certified" attendants can do it.
Makes we wonder, what type of class to you have to take to become a "Certified Gas Pump Attendant." Must be a really high level course with VERY intensive and lengthy training. Is it a 2 or 4 year course and do they offer an Associates or Bachelors degree in the CGPA program? Heck maybe you can even strive to get a PhD in Gas Pump Attendant.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #64
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criag B View Post
NJ is a shit hole!!! They have a law for everything. Some gas stations will let you pump your own.
I visited NJ this spring. The people were friendly. The towns had a 'small town America' feel. The towns were clean and orderly. I even had a cop helping me at 2 am to find a street that I had missed.

You can go to the supermarket. Or you can go to the mom&pop produce market. And then to a bakery. And across the street is a butcher shop.

I liked it.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #65
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
EXtremely retarded... Force you to pay for the attendant.. as he scratches your car and spills fuel
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #66
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I visited NJ this spring. The people were friendly. The towns had a 'small town America' feel. The towns were clean and orderly. I even had a cop helping me at 2 am to find a street that I had missed.

You can go to the supermarket. Or you can go to the mom&pop produce market. And then to a bakery. And across the street is a butcher shop.

I liked it.
and Island Dragway, Raceway Park, ATCO, NJ MotorSports Park, can't throw a rock w/ out hitting a pizza parlor, Tastee Sub Shop, THE SHORE. You CAN pump your own, they don't shoot at you for trying. I get out of my Camaro every time I stop, if the jock is busy I start my own. No secret card to swipe and the guy appreciates the help.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #67
'11RS

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Well, we do know that most politicians are retarded. A job requisite.
Shot a 4-day regional match at River Bend Gun Club in NW GA the end of October. Gas was ~$0.15/gal more expensive then here in NJ and still had to pump my own. Folks are writing all of this like those of us in NJ & OR make the rules. Just like GA or TX or ND or wherever, it is the law and we follow it. But, given the choice, I'll take our gas prices and not having to pump my own. It has only been the last 20-30 years that anyone pumped their own gas in any state. Not a big deal. If I'm where I need to pump my own, I'm good with that. But, am happy to not have to in NJ.
'11RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #68
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
apprently it suppose to create jobs.. but in OR i saw most attendents are illegals
Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #69
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11RS View Post
Indeed, that is true.
We believe in personal freedom & responsibility and like guns and shooting and all sorts of outdoor activities down here. Unlike the polluted and badly overcrowded (most densely populated place in the nation) northern part of the state where they think everyone who has earns any $$ should be forced to give it to those who are too friggin' lazy or stupid to earn their own. Like you said........ we, thankfully, have very different politics down here from the mass of ill-bred, poorly educated and stupid northern Jerseyites. Believe they even have TV shows about you folks up there. You must be famous.
Lol, you crack me up man, thanks for the laugh! You make it out like I'm attacking you! I'm totally not, south jersey to me is the shore which I think you and I can both agree gives our state the worst reputation. Their politics are what I'm referring to. Believe it or not the 5th district where I'm from is very far right, just look up our congressman. None of what you described is Northern Bergen county... and that's all I was referring to.
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #70
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
I knew about New Jersey, but not Oregon. I drove down the coast of Oregon about 15 years ago, but I don't remember full service gas. Is this a new law in Oregon or has it always been that way?
We have four gas stations in this little village that I live in. Two of them are self serve and one of them is full service. The fourth one is both, with one island self service and the other island full service. The full service one charges a few cents extra, but they have young female attendants. They do a booming business.
When I drive my company van, I let them pump it. When I drive my Camaro, I pump it. I like having choices.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote