The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #71
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
I never said the system was garbage. I said the KINECT is garbage (and that was in another thread). The games made for Kinect, with the exception of dance central, don't work!

The PS4s UI is MUCH quicker. I don't know what reviews you're reading, but from zero to launch of any of the multiplatform games, the PS4 wins EVERY TIME, whether you download that game, or play from a disc.

Holding my phone...Uh...Not a big deal, and I don't have to stay in one room...

Oh, and I don't want my Kinect following me anywhere. When I do buy an XBone (and I probably will next year), that thing will NEVER be plugged in. It will not watch me, and listen to my conversations. Sorry...Not gonna happen.
Get better get some tin foil hats while you're at it. Remove the camera from your phone and computer too as those are easier to hack than a Kinect.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #72
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Get better get some tin foil hats while you're at it. Remove the camera from your phone and computer too as those are easier to hack than a Kinect.
Not worried about hacking. The Kinect is used to target ads specifically to you, which means that information is tracked in a central database, which means that data could be subpoena'd (or just taken) by the NSA at any time.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/11/45...ian/in/4167369

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Not worried about hacking. The Kinect is used to target ads specifically to you, which means that information is tracked in a central database, which means that data could be subpoena'd (or just taken) by the NSA at any time.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/11/45...ian/in/4167369
nothing about that article talks about the kinect, except for in the comments.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #74
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i mean, here's a quote from that article

Quote:
We have clear principles which guide the response across our entire company to government demands for customer information for both law enforcement and national security issues. First, we take our commitments to our customers and to compliance with applicable law very seriously, so we provide customer data only in response to legal processes. Second, our compliance team examines all demands very closely, and we reject them if we believe they aren’t valid. Third, we only ever comply with orders about specific accounts or identifiers, and we would not respond to the kind of blanket orders discussed in the press over the past few weeks, as the volumes documented in our most recent disclosure clearly illustrate.
To be clear, Microsoft does not provide any government with blanket or direct access to SkyDrive, Outlook.com, Skype or any Microsoft product. Finally when we upgrade or update products legal obligations may in some circumstances require that we maintain the ability to provide information in response to a law enforcement or national security request. There are aspects of this debate that we wish we were able to discuss more freely. That’s why we’ve argued for additional transparency that would help everyone understand and debate these important issues.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #75
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Key word: Blanket. It doesn't mean they don't just roll over when they get a request.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #76
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
It was only time before the spying thing came into it. People complain about that then have a Facebook make me laugh, next will be fake Benjamin Franklin quotes from the 1700's.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #77
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
The PS4s UI is MUCH quicker.
I find that very hard to believe as navigating the XB1 UI is almost instant.

I have no experience with the PS4, but I'm a computer technician and I deal with tons of malware infested computers. I have pretty good judgment when it comes to how fast a computer or device should boot up, and load things. The XB1 is a quick device for navigating the UI and loading apps and games. I'll have to watch some PS4 videos, but I'm willing to bet it's not MUCH quicker.

I won't lie, I've had an issue with my XB1 where it seemed to be bogged down for some reason. Navigating the home screen wasn't as fast as it should be, as in there was half a second delay. A hard reboot solved that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
It was only time before the spying thing came into it. People complain about that then have a Facebook make me laugh, next will be fake Benjamin Franklin quotes from the 1700's.
Wait until those people here about malware that can in fact take over your computer's webcam and record you without you knowing it. (As in disabling the LED indicator) I'd be far more concerned over my computer if I were an average user. Especially considering most computers I work on have some form of malware installed.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #78
IgnitusCamaro

Drives: Zl1 coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Just because the XB1 is capable of being the hub of entertainment doesn't mean it can't deliver an equally awesome gaming experience as the PS4. IMO, both systems are gaming systems first, entertainment second. Realistically they both do the exact same thing. The only difference, as far as entertainment goes, is you can plug in a cable box into the XB1. Which means squat to me as I don't nor want cable television for how much it goes around here. The PS4 might cater more to indie developers, but that doesn't mean you won't see indie games on the XB1.

I believe each console has their strong and weak points, for me the defining differences would be the controller and the console exclusives. That's why I chose the XB1. There's other reasons also, but those are the two main ones.
A well placed opinion and valid point. Capability and execution are two different things also.
IgnitusCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #79
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
There is alot of fanboyism going on in here, not naming names or anything but lets get things straight. In the past Xbox Live was much better experience then PSN. As of right now there are things broken about xbox live but nothing a patch can not fix. And according to some of the Microsoft developers there are some huge things in store for Xbox Live. Apparently Party chat is going to be way more intuitive than it is now. There is no denying that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1. Nor denying the fact that it has sold more units so far. If you are going for the absolute best looking games down to the most minuscule details than PS4 is for you.

That definitely does not mean that X1 is not capable of throwing out beautiful looking games, just that when it comes to multiplatforms PS4 will most of the time win. Although IMO when in the heat of the moment those difference will mean nothing. Exclusives are going to win this generation.

Also I wanted to add that Xbox does have a free game promotion they started up maybe 4 - 5 months ago called Gaming with Gold. Although I must add I cant remember which system does this but one of them states that you must have an active membership to play those games, while the other does not.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #80
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Also just to show how minuscule the differences in graphics are between the systems here is a awesome tool that shows it. Keep in mind this is just the very beginning of this generation. Down the line the differences between the two systems could grow

https://googledrive.com/host/0B39zgC...dkU/index.html

*Click and hold the Red Bar to slide across the picture to compare the two
Old 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #81
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I find that very hard to believe as navigating the XB1 UI is almost instant.

I have no experience with the PS4, but I'm a computer technician and I deal with tons of malware infested computers. I have pretty good judgment when it comes to how fast a computer or device should boot up, and load things. The XB1 is a quick device for navigating the UI and loading apps and games. I'll have to watch some PS4 videos, but I'm willing to bet it's not MUCH quicker.

I won't lie, I've had an issue with my XB1 where it seemed to be bogged down for some reason. Navigating the home screen wasn't as fast as it should be, as in there was half a second delay. A hard reboot solved that issue.

Wait until those people here about malware that can in fact take over your computer's webcam and record you without you knowing it. (As in disabling the LED indicator) I'd be far more concerned over my computer if I were an average user. Especially considering most computers I work on have some form of malware installed.

Actually to be honest the actual UI navigation is a bit quicker on the PS4. Not by much. But it is also much much simpler. And besides nothing beats navigating with your voice!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #82
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
There is alot of fanboyism going on in here,

Since you own both consoles I look forward to more of your reviews.

Thank you for being non biased!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #83
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

Since you own both consoles I look forward to more of your reviews.

Thank you for being non biased!
No problem! Ill have to make a video of how quick the Voice navigation is on the X1, and how navigating the PS4 is. Both definitely are nice
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Also just to show how minuscule the differences in graphics are between the systems here is a awesome tool that shows it. Keep in mind this is just the very beginning of this generation. Down the line the differences between the two systems could grow

https://googledrive.com/host/0B39zgC...dkU/index.html

*Click and hold the Red Bar to slide across the picture to compare the two
I prefer the way the lighting/shading looks on the Xbox one.... Could just be the monitor/TV settings though.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote