Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Changing exhaust tips and possibly diffuser?

I'm planning to change my single tips on each side to dual tips so that means I will have 4 tips all together.

Apparently it won't fit with my cars diffuser so my question is where can I get one that will fit/looks good and what dual tips would look best and where can i find them?

If possible, the names or company where to get it would help thanks.
ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
Texan_Camaro

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LS Summit White
On the same boat. Subscribed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Texan_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
ramil13

I'm thinking im going to buy mine from carid.com because i bought my window louvers from there and they look sick... great site
Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
You just need the 1LE diffuser PN 22815277 at your local Chevy dealer. Should run less than $100. If they want more you can find it GMpartsdirect.com for a little less, but I always try to get large stuff from the dealer in case it gets damaged in transit.

Your old one will unbolt and snap off. The 1LE goes right back on the same way. This is a great DIY for diffuser removal- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153221
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
You just need the 1LE diffuser PN 22815277 at your local Chevy dealer. Should run less than $100. If they want more you can find it GMpartsdirect.com for a little less, but I always try to get large stuff from the dealer in case it gets damaged in transit.

Your old one will unbolt and snap off. The 1LE goes right back on the same way. This is a great DIY for diffuser removal- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153221
I am sorry but the information you stated is for the 10-13.

OP, I will help you out tomorrow with that and let you know everything you need, and where to get them!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Alright,
First you need to purchase the dual mode exhaust diffuser, you can either get the regular dual mode diffuser, which is what we oftentimes called the 1LE diffuser, part number 22829477; or get the ZL1's 22829478. Either one will work and the installation is the same. Check around for pictures for their differences. Here is a post done by one of our sponsor about the removal of the diffuser, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341496 (removing it is harder than installing it).

For the diffuser, you can get it from your local dealer part department by simply giving them the part number. However, different dealers have different policy and price, but they do share one common policy, $75 core charge created by GM for all 2014-2015 parts. I was quoted by 2 different dealers, $215 and $300 including the core charge. The first one will take my used single tips diffuser, but the second dealer won't. So I recommend you to shop around different dealers and ask them about the core charge whether you can return your old single tips diffuser. For your reference, I know Maureen, a GM part representative on the camaro5 forum, sells the diffuser for $221, but she won't take your single tips diffuser unless it is the same what you are ordering.

For the tips, you can purchase them on the website, tips.byethost4.com. This is where a lot of members, including myself have purchase their quad tips. For the inlet pipe dimension, you have to check first with the exhaust system you have, most of the exhaust system available in the market should be 2.5". And for the outlet, is all depend on your taste, I chose 4", some chose 3.5" (The NPP, the system on most 1LE, ZL1 and Z28 are 3.5" for your reference.)

Let me know if you have any other question regarding the conversion!!

Enjoy.

Here are some pictures of mine.
Attached Images

Last edited by hzisfrom1994; 08-31-2015 at 09:14 AM.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:46 AM   #6
bryaannnn6

PN: 22829477

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
bryaannnn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #7
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
I am sorry but the information you stated is for the 10-13.

OP, I will help you out tomorrow with that and let you know everything you need, and where to get them!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Alright,
First you need to purchase the dual mode exhaust diffuser, you can either get the regular dual mode diffuser, which is what we oftentimes called the 1LE diffuser, part number 22829477; or get the ZL1's 22829478. Either one will work and the installation is the same. Check around for pictures for their differences. Here is a post done by one of our sponsor about the removal of the diffuser, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341496 (removing it is harder than installing it).

For the diffuser, you can get it from your local dealer part department by simply giving them the part number. However, different dealers have different policy and price, but they do share one common policy, $75 core charge created by GM for all 2014-2015 parts. I was quoted by 2 different dealers, $215 and $300 including the core charge. The first one will take my used single tips diffuser, but the second dealer won't. So I recommend you to shop around different dealers and ask them about the core charge whether you can return your old single tips diffuser. For your reference, I know Maureen, a GM part representative on the camaro5 forum, sells the diffuser for $221, but she won't take your single tips diffuser unless it is the same what you are ordering.

For the tips, you can purchase them on the website, tips.byethost4.com. This is where a lot of members, including myself have purchase their quad tips. For the inlet pipe dimension, you have to check first with the exhaust system you have, most of the exhaust system available in the market should be 2.5". And for the outlet, is all depend on your taste, I chose 4", some chose 3.5" (The NPP, the system on most 1LE, ZL1 and Z28 are 3.5" for your reference.)

Enjoy.

Looks really sick, does it change the sound by any chance?

Also, is it possible to just get it all done in the dealership? Will they order the tips and diffuser their self or do you have to do it?

For the tips, did you get these with 3.0"in / 4.0"out? : http://tips.byethost4.com/dualindividual.html

For the diffuser, this look like it would work?: http://www.gmpartsdepot.ca/p/Lower-c.../22829477.html
Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Looks really sick, does it change the sound by any chance?

Also, is it possible to just get it all done in the dealership? Will they order the tips and diffuser their self or do you have to do it?

For the tips, did you get these with 3.0"in / 4.0"out? : http://tips.byethost4.com/dualindividual.html

For the diffuser, this look like it would work?: http://www.gmpartsdepot.ca/p/Lower-c.../22829477.html
Thanks.

Sorry didn't see you reply.

No, I dont think it changed the sound at all, I believe is purely for look, correct me if I am wrong.

No, the dealership charge too much, they wanted to charge me like $200 to install the diffuser, when it is just a 30 minutes job, so I rejected the offer and went back home and did it myself. Very easy, just remove the screws, and pull the diffuser out.

For the tips, I got 2.5", 4.0", is all depend on what size is your exhaust system.

And yes, that diffuser 22829477, or 22829478 both will work.

Good luck, let me know any question.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Alright,

Enjoy.

This post stopped me from buying a Color I did not really like that much just because it has the quad tips. I thought it came that way. Anyway I am picking my 2015 Black Convertible up on Monday and will be doing this mod sometime in future. Thank you guys for the post.

Last edited by idealer; 11-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.
idealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #10
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Just ran across these over on the ChevySS forum and thought they would be another choice.

http://www.redtailperformance.com/co...-od-rtp-035lr/
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote